Windows 10: Windows 10 Sync tab in settings won't open on laptop?

Discus and support Windows 10 Sync tab in settings won't open on laptop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently I had my laptop factory reset and the main hard drive copied onto a new SSD for school and I was hoping I could re-sync my settings from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LovableBoon, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Sync tab in settings won't open on laptop?

Recently I had my laptop factory reset and the main hard drive copied onto a new SSD for school and I was hoping I could re-sync my settings from my main PC desktop to it. When I go to open the sync tab in the settings the page just goes blank and doesn't open. Everything else in the settings seems to work so far besides this tab and I haven't been able to find anything about it online either. I'm currently running the latest build of windows 10 as well.

:)

LovableBoon, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 31, 2019
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Sync tab in settings won't open on laptop?

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Sync tab in settings won't open on laptop?

1. Windows 10 Sync tab in settings won't open on laptop? - Similar Threads - Sync tab settings

2. Passwords won't sync on new laptop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Passwords won't sync on new laptop Windows 10: Hi, my passwords won't sync on my new laptop on Windows 10. I have updated windows 10 on both machines and switched sync on. Other syncs seem to work such as debit card details but passwords don't. I have made the new one a trusted device on my microsoft account but it...
  3. Settings won't open in windows 10

Settings won't open in windows 10: From the last few days, the system setting won't open. And from last night even WhatsApp application doesn't even open. When I double click setting and whatsapp, it doesn't make any changes it remains the same as before double click. Please provide a solution for this, it...
  4. My laptop won't open setting or the start key on Windows 10

My laptop won't open setting or the start key on Windows 10: I've had this laptop for almost 3 years, it is an msi GL63 8RC. Recently I left for the weekend, but when I came back home I booted it up like normal and I couldn't open up notifications. I went to the start key to open settings but it wouldn't work either and when I looked...
  5. Windows 10 settings won't open.

Windows 10 settings won't open.: I ran the scannow in the command center, it found a corrupt file and I restarted my laptop. Still will not open settings control panel. I'm needing this fixed ASAP....
  6. Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.: Hey everyone! So my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 PC won't sync settings even though they're both set to do so? Please help, I have looked everywhere *Sad Thanks 129627
  7. Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't sync settings across devices.: Hey everyone! So my Windows 10 laptop and Windows 10 PC won't sync settings even though they're both set to do so? Please help, I have looked everywhere *Sad Thanks 129627
  8. Synced Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Synced Tabs: Not seen this mentioned anywhere...came across it by accident....When opening a web page a tab appears at top...to the right of the X which closes the window is a "New tab" square....click on this to be able to open instantly any one of your ten most used web pages. 2422
  9. Settings won't open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Settings won't open in Windows 10: Start, Settings does nothing. Settings does not open. Otherwise Windows 10/Edge is great. 10963
  10. Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10: How to: Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 How to Open App in New Tab for Sets in Windows 10 [img] Warning Sets is no longer available in Windows 10. Sets shell provided tab experience is no more in Windows 10 Microsoft had Windows Insiders as a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft sync settings wont open

2. windows 10 sync settings wont open