Windows 10: Windows 10 Sync Your Settings Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Sync Your Settings Issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For as long as I can remember I've had issues syncing settings between my Dell Precision 5520 and Surface Pro 6. Currently, the only setting that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by computer-says-no, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Sync Your Settings Issues

For as long as I can remember I've had issues syncing settings between my Dell Precision 5520 and Surface Pro 6. Currently, the only setting that appears to somewhat sync is the windows colour scheme light/dark mode in Personalisation settings - even then, this will only change the window colour for both devices, and not the taskbar colour.

Here's a summary of what I have done on both devices so far to try and address this problem:

1. Factory reset both devices and cleaned the drives, and then set up both devices with a brand new personal Microsoft account.
    2. Verified my new Microsoft account and activated Windows.
    3. Run SFC and DISM scans, which found no problems on both devices.
    4. Disabled Windows Security firewalls I also have no third party antivirus software.
    5. Changed diagnostics & feedback settings from "Basic" to "Full" reporting.
    6. Ensured all "Enabled" DWORD values are set to "1" in the Registry Editor for each file in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SettingSync\Groups.
    7. Added my Microsoft account in the People app and manually synced my contacts across both devices I read on another forum that this prompted all other settings to sync across multiple devices for some people.
    8. Performed a "clean boot" before undertaking these steps although I have almost no third party software on both devices anyway.
    9. Cleared all cloud synced settings for the account in the devices page in the Microsoft Accounts website.
    10. Switched to local accounts and then signed in using a second new Microsoft account.
    11. Created standard user accounts on both devices and signed in with a third new Microsoft account and attempted to sync settings.

After doing all of these, my settings will still not sync between both devices.

A few additional notes:

• All individual sync settings and the main "sync settings" switch are turned on in the Settings app;
    • My OneDrive account has no problems syncing and updating files on both devices;
    • Both devices are running Windows 10 Pro version 1901 with the latest OS build;
    • I am using an administrator user account;
    • I do not have any work/school/organisational accounts linked to either device; and
    • I have ran the Microsoft accounts troubleshooter which always results in the following:
      1. "Can't connect to the sync service. There might be an Internet connection problem or the service may not be available. Please check your Internet connection and try again."
        • There is nothing wrong with my internet connection and I'm not aware of any restrictions which would cause this.
      2. "No rootcauses found and created logs."

Microsoft have been completely useless in providing advice/support on the issue and have only recommended undertaking the steps I have already completed. This is becoming incredibly frustrating as I cannot find any further advice on the issues. Your advice is appreciated.

:)

computer-says-no, Mar 27, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Stop Windows 10 syncing keyboard settings

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to Turn off the Language preference and Ease of access Sync settings and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key and then type Sync your settings.
    • Turn off language preference and ease of access.
    Refer to the Microsoft help article below and check if it helps.

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Keyboard layout syncing issue in Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

A quick question before we proceed:

Does this issue confined to keyboard layout?

I suggest you to Turn off the Language preference and Ease of access Sync settings and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key and then type Sync your settings.

• Turn off language preference and ease of access.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Windows 10 Sync Your Settings Issues

Cant sync settings in Windows 10

Hi,

To help you better please help us with the below information.

• Did you make any recent software/hardware changes on your computer?
    • Have you signed in to your computer using Microsoft account?
    • Is the sync settings is greyed out in the settings Windows?
    As an initial step I would suggest you sign out of Microsoft account and sign in again, see if the issue is resolved.

Also install all the pending updates on your system and check if it helps.

Refer the below link to know more about Sync settings

About sync settings on Windows 10 devices

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...cfa/about-sync-settings-on-windows-10-devices

Get back to us if you need further help on your issue.

Darshan J, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Sync Your Settings Issues

1. Windows 10 Sync Your Settings Issues - Similar Threads - Sync Settings Issues

2. sync your setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sync your setting: hi , i would like to ask you , why i cannot turn on my sync setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-your-setting/7cc59b12-3982-4d86-ae79-207c3373daeb
  3. sync your setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sync your setting: hi , i would like to ask you , why i cannot turn on my sync setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-your-setting/7cc59b12-3982-4d86-ae79-207c3373daeb
  4. sync your setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Window 10's sync your setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window 10's sync your setting: HI, under "sync your setting" on window 10, I get "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization", but some times like today that disappeared for a whitle then come back.Just wandering if your guys are getting this? and if this is normal and nothing to...
  6. Windows 10 Settings/Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Settings/Sync Your Settings: Anyone any theory on why on both my Surface Pro 4 & Surface Laptop 2 the "Sync Your Settings" is set at "off" and greyed out with a red message at the top saying "Sync is not available for your account. Contact your administrator to resolve this". I only noticed this when I...
  7. Sync your settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync your settings: Have bought a new Desktop and when I try to Sync with my other devices I get the message ' Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation' how do I change this to be able to Sync me settings. I have been told it was due to a Windows update, but my other computer...
  8. 'Sync your settings'

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    'Sync your settings': I am unable to sync my desktop and laptop. My desktop reads, "Some features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account" and 'Sync settings' is off and greyed out. My laptop has 'sync settings' on. Both devices are set up the same way and I have...
  9. Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Theme in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account linked to...
  10. Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Windows 10 Sync Your Settings How to Enable or Disable Syncing Passwords in Sync Your Settings on a Windows 10 PC When Microsoft account. Notes Sync settings also works if you sign in with a work or school account...