Windows 10: Windows 10, syncing of personal settings

Discus and support Windows 10, syncing of personal settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a long time, I've used the mouse left handed on my desktop machine. (I'm right handed, and I can mouse just fine left handed, but I cant write... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ah-rich, Nov 14, 2019.

1. ah-rich Win User

Windows 10, syncing of personal settings

For a long time, I've used the mouse left handed on my desktop machine. (I'm right handed, and I can mouse just fine left handed, but I cant write left handed, so I like to keep my right hand free to take notes (I know - archaic). I like the way settings sync to the other machines, but on laptops and Surface - machines with touch pads, they always sync to a left-handed mouse, and with those machines, I prefer to use the touch pad right-handed. It's very hard for me to touch-pad using my non-dominant hand. Is there any way to migrate settings selectively? Say, keep some settings local, tied to the platform, while all else syncs.

I know I could change the mouse settings each sign on, or perhaps write a power shell script to do it, just wishing there's a way to do this natively.

:)

ah-rich, Nov 14, 2019

2. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Hi All,
    I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from scratch. So yesterday I turned off Sync Settings under Accounts/Sync your Settings on my laptops and then I deleted my personal settings from the cloud.
    However, Today I noticed that in the Edge browser under settings the option to sync your favourites/reading lists/top sites and other settings across windows devices is enabled (not turned off) even though Sync your settings is turned off in Account/Sync Your settings. Does that mean that my favourites/reading lists etc will not have been deleted when I deleted my personal settings from the cloud yesterday i.e they will have immediately synced back to my Microsoft Account? As I described above Sync your settings in Accounts was (and still is) turned off before I deleted the personal settings from the cloud. I haven't turned Syncing back on in my Account settings yet at all.
    Does the On toggle in Edge settings work independently for Syncing Favourites or does it only work if Accounts/Sync Your Settings is turned on first ?

sportsfan148, Nov 14, 2019
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

"option anymore to turn off Internet Explorer favorites Syncing under Account/Sync Your Settings"
    I've either never seen it there, or never noticed.
    "Does that mean that even if Syncing is switched off in Account settings the Edge Favorites/Reading Lists will still be synced to the cloud."
    That 'should' shut off sync in Edge. Click the hamburger menu in upper R corner, then Settings/General. You see that mine is default 'On' but not active because turned off in Settings/Accounts/Sync your settings. The master 'Off' switch also turns syncing off everywhere else. See screens, Good Luck

Windows 10, syncing of personal settings [​IMG]

Windows 10, syncing of personal settings [​IMG]

mrgeek, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10, syncing of personal settings

Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

Hi mate. Thanks for your reply. That's good to know then that the Sync Settings toggled to Off is the Master switch and it will switch off Edge favorites syncing too. I wasn't sure if it did.
    And yes there used to be an internet explorer settings on/off toggle under Sync your settings along with Themes/Passwords etc. It seems to have disappeared though on newer Windows 10 Builds so I was curious how you would disable Internet Explorer Settings syncing now that the toggle has gone . Im using 1803

sportsfan148, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10, syncing of personal settings

1. Windows 10, syncing of personal settings - Similar Threads - syncing personal settings

2. Windows 10 Sync Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Sync Settings: How do I STOP Windows 10 from syncing desktop icons across machines? I have four Windows 10 machines that are all singed into a single Onedrive account. Sync Settings is turnedOFF on all four machines. But when I add or delete an icon or shortcut on any of the desktops it...
  3. Windows 10 Sync Settings

Windows 10 Sync Settings: Greetings, I am having trouble with the Sync Settings option in Windows 10. First I would like to delete any and all items that have been saved to the cloud regarding these settings as I have been having issues with it as I do not completely understand how it works or if...
  4. sync settings in windows 10

sync settings in windows 10: whenever I turn on sync settings it will reset back to off in a few hours or on restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-settings-in-windows-10/ecd44bf1-c253-4bc2-bc70-caa62b80ad78
  5. Personal account sync

Personal account sync: I am running Windows 10 Enterprise and cannot sync my personal account. It is the domain account and I receive a message that it cannot be synced. I couldn’t find any button to press sync with another account...
  6. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?: Hi All, I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from scratch. So yesterday I turned off Sync Settings under Accounts/Sync your Settings on my laptops and then I deleted my...
  7. Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sync settings-Delete personal Settings from the Cloud?: Hi All, I want to wipe the slate clean so that my Synced PC settings that are stored with my Microsoft Account are wiped clean and can start again from scratch. So yesterday I turned off Sync Settings under Accounts/Sync your Settings on my laptops and then I deleted my...
  8. Windows 10 setting sync?

Windows 10 setting sync?: if I have a 10 PC installed with windows 10 pro. have a main admin account logged in using ms account. and connecting other as standard users using ms account. is there a fastest way to do just to setup 1 PC and other 9 PC will copy same setting? like user accounts / user...
  9. Syncing settings on Windows 10

Syncing settings on Windows 10: Okay, so from what I understand, I can sync my personalization settings to all of my Windows 10 devices that I use with my Microsoft account. I have my own personal laptop PC, and a family shared computer where we all have our own individual profiles and desktops... but my...
  10. Windows 10 Sync Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Sync Settings: Good Evening Everyone, Can someone please help me, so I have been using Windows 10 and love it however I have a problem which is bugging me. Once upon a time I used my Microsoft Account on a work computer and this has since synced all my settings from that computer etc...