Windows 10: Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I accidentally ran Sysprep (Out of box experience / Generalize) and now my computer is behaving erratically. Running Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/QREL_, Apr 14, 2020.

1. /u/QREL_ Win User

Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues

I accidentally ran Sysprep (Out of box experience / Generalize) and now my computer is behaving erratically. Running Windows 10 Pro. I don't have a restore point. Is there anything I can do?

submitted by /u/QREL_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/QREL_, Apr 14, 2020
  2. John Ado Win User

SysPrep Advice

Hi Joseph,

The topic that you raised is beyond the scope of support for this site which focuses more on home and personal end users. Here's what I found about SysPrep:

However these are old articles and the process may have been changed already. You may re-post this question in

TechNet Forums
    for further assistance.

All the best.

John Ado, Apr 14, 2020
  3. JonW2016 Win User
    Windows 10 Update breaks Sysprep?

I am attempting to image a Dell E7470 with Sysprep to upload to my WDS server.

When I run Sysprep /oobe / shutdown, it completes. However, without Generalize, I won't be able to upload it or deploy it.

When I run Sysprep /oobe /generalize / shutdown, it reports that a fatal error has occurred. The setupact.log lists that the Miracastview app cannot be removed.

I have attempted the Remove-appxpackage commands, but it states that it has been provisioned for the user but not all users. It says to attempt removal with Add / Remove Windows features, but it is not listed there.

I have tried the steps in

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...w-cause-sysprep-error-windows-10-version-1709

but none of this has worked either.

I guess the answer is to not run any Windows updates before Sysprep and avoid 1709? It appears to be bad news.

Anybody else encounter this? Any other solutions available?

JonW2016, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues

Windows 10 1709 sysprep fail

Hi,

I had the same problem, checked the logs and they basically said Windows was unable to remove the Miracast app.

Tried multiple suggestions, nothing worked until I found this:

Failed to sysprep and capture Windows 10 Fall Creators 1709

Basically Microsoft have pushed out their 1709 image without the Miracast app installed, to fix:

• Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from a working 1703 build into the C:\Windows directory on the 1709 machine
    • Restart and then run sysprep

Sysprep should then run successfully!

Josh

Josh Hackett, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues

1. Windows 10 Sysprep causing issues - Similar Threads - Sysprep causing issues

2. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 20H2 sysprep image deployment issue: Last year I upgraded windows 10 1809 to 2004 on a Dell Latitude 5510. I sysprepped the image and I have been deploying it to different model Dells without any problem. Now I upgraded that 2004 image to 20H2. Update was successful, sysprep runs successfully and laptop shuts...
  4. sysprep issue

sysprep issue: Hello, collegues. I have virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1039). There has some configuration and installed some apps for workstations deployment. To reach my goal I need to perform `sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit`, but I got...
  5. sysprep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    sysprep issue: Hello, collegues. I have virtual machine with Windows 10 Enterprise N LTSC Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.1039). There has some configuration and installed some apps for workstations deployment. To reach my goal I need to perform `sysprep /generalize /oobe /quit`, but I got...
  6. 1909 sysprep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1909 sysprep issues: I've frequently encountered issues with sysprep failing since 1903 due to some issue with spopk.dll. replacing it with an 1809 or earlier version of the same .dll typically fixed it, but since upgrading to 1909 this will allow it to sysprep, but when deploying a captured...
  7. Office issue after sysprep

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office issue after sysprep: Hi everbody, I've deployed for my compagny Win10 with custom image on acer pcs. I've used sysprep for install programs and customize profil. Thanks Kari for this thread: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...e-sysprep.html All is fine. But I have a new problem on...
  8. Sysprep issue (miracastview)

Sysprep issue (miracastview): I know there has been a lot on this issue, But the workaround doesn't work. Copy the C:\Windows\MiracastView folder from When Syspreping window I get an error says " Package Windows.MiracastView_6.3.0.0_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy was installed for a user but not provisioned for...
  9. SYSPREP Issues

SYSPREP Issues: Windows 10 Enterprise x64 So I am using the unattend.xml file below and the command. sysprep.exe /generalize /oobe /shutdown /unattend:c:\windows\systems32\sysprep\unattend.xml I use Windows PE/Ghost to capture/deploy after the shutdown. I've had various levels...
  10. SYSPREP issues

SYSPREP issues: Hi, I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issues i am, after (apparently successfully) SYSPREPping a Windows 10 (clean) installation, and restarting it? BTW: i have used a very simple autoanswer file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysprep issue with 1909 verison

2. 0x80070490 sysprep windows 1909