Windows 10: Windows 10 system disk upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 system disk upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Currently running a 3TB seagate system disk. It performs very poorly in the userbenchmark.com tests. Plus I want more disk space. So my question is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeorgeMAnderson, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 system disk upgrade

Currently running a 3TB seagate system disk. It performs very poorly in the userbenchmark.com tests. Plus I want more disk space. So my question is HOW do I copy everything from the 3TB to the 4? Will having more disk space perhaps the new disk will perform better? Any recommendations for a fast 4TB system drive? TIA

:)

GeorgeMAnderson, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 system disk upgrade

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 system disk upgrade

1. Windows 10 system disk upgrade - Similar Threads - system disk upgrade

2. Windows 10, system not is detecting disk's partition, but detects disk as online.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, system not is detecting disk's partition, but detects disk as online.: I ran cmd from windows boot installer from flash drive. The missing partition has windows in it. When i type diskpart then "select disk 1" disk 1 has windows and then "list partition", it gives me "There are no partitions on this disk to show." I found this article:...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade disk space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade disk space: I cannot upgrade my windows 10 as there is less than 1GB of space available. I have nothing saved on this device, windows is taking up all the space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-disk-space/fae316cb-92db-41a8-9e57-704990a39477
  4. Disk Space Issue Upgrading Windows 10

Disk Space Issue Upgrading Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to update a tablet with 32GB disk the majority of which is consumed by the operating system leaving me insufficient space. I have removed everything that I possibly can and have run clean up and update. I have a SD card and an external hard drive with...
  5. "SYSTEM DISK?"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "SYSTEM DISK?": WHERE DO I LOCATE "SYSTEM DISK?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-disk/395f308a-6725-404e-b0c7-3311e230881f
  6. Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with dynamic disks

Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 with dynamic disks: [ATTACH]I want to do an Upgrade installation from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. I am using Dynamic Disks. A few years ago, on the same machine with the same dynamic disks, I did a clean install from a non-genuine Windows 7 Ultimate which pc repairman put on there to a...
  7. Upgrade primary disk on dual boot system

Upgrade primary disk on dual boot system: Having this system Ryzen 2600X@3.8Ghz, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS, 2x16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Dual-X w Boost 3GB, Kfa2 GTX 1070 EX 8GB, Crucial MX300 275GB (Windows 10Pro), Crucial MX500 500GB (Kubuntu 18.04 LTS), TOSHIBA DT01ACA300 3TB, Fractal...
  8. Windows 10 non-system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 non-system disk or disk error: I reinstall windows 10 using a third party software with my product key, I was able to successfully reinstall window. I install all of my software, installed all of Windows 10 current updates, create a restore point, created a recovery disk backing up all of my files (did...
  9. Upgraded windows 10, weird disk partitions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgraded windows 10, weird disk partitions?: Hi guys i upgraded my windows 7 to 10, i looked into my disk partitions and i found a weird partition on my C/OS Drive. there is the C drive, system reserved, and another partition thats 450mb i dont know what this is. i have attached a screenshot of it too, i am unable to...
  10. Disk Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Upgrade: Hey guys! can anyone tell me how to upgrade my Disk? i have 37.0 GB In (C) Drive and i want to upgrade 37.0 GB To 2 TB but how i do it? Please Answer... 43918