Windows 10: Windows 10 System files occupying 130 GB

Discus and support Windows 10 System files occupying 130 GB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good morning, I have Windows 10 installed in a SSD partition with 225 Gb. I have recently found out that 130 Gb are occupied by System and Reserved,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SofV, May 25, 2020.

1. SofV Win User

Windows 10 System files occupying 130 GB

Good morning,

I have Windows 10 installed in a SSD partition with 225 Gb. I have recently found out that 130 Gb are occupied by System and Reserved, of which 118 Gb are occupied by file systems only. I already cleaned my laptop with both Storage Sense and Disk Cleanup. I don't have a Windows.old folder.

Can anyone suggest how to free up space in my SSD? I understand that Windows 10 can work properly with only half of that space, so I do not get why it eats so much of it.

Thank you for your help.

Sofia.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 25, 2020
  3. The 'system' files occupy ~7GB in my Nokia Lumia 925 running 8.1. How to clean this?

The 'system' files occupy ~7GB in my Nokia Lumia 925 running 8.1. The 925 has a total storage capacity of ~14.5 GB and the system files alone occupy around 7 GB. So, not able to install/store apps/files. When I bought the phone the 'system' files were
    occupying only around 3.5 GB. How did it go to this size? How to clean this?

Benison Rajan, May 25, 2020
  4. FreddyAk Win User

Windows 10 installation file system

Hello I installed windows 10 on pendrive 3,75 gb with ntfs system file using ultraISO. I read on internet that it is required to use fat32 if you have uefi mobo which I do (msi b85m-g43). So far my system is working just fine except after boot screen the background doesnt dissapear, insted windows 10 loading circle on little black background appears and then it goes to welcome screen. Everythings else is fine so far. May this problem be caused by file system ? Or could it done any other problems I dont see?

Well Nevermind. It seems like program formatted pendrive to fat32 and I didnt see it.

FreddyAk, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 System files occupying 130 GB - Similar Threads - System files occupying

2. System occupying 50-100% Disk Space Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System occupying 50-100% Disk Space Windows 10: Hello Team,Please find below the detailed specifications for my ASUS PC:Device SpecificationsProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM: 8.00 GB 7.89 GB usable System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorGPU SpecificationsDirectX...
  3. System occupying 50-100% Disk Space Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System occupying 50-100% Disk Space Windows 10: Hello Team,Please find below the detailed specifications for my ASUS PC:Device SpecificationsProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz Installed RAM: 8.00 GB 7.89 GB usable System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorGPU SpecificationsDirectX...
  4. Temporary Files Showing 22 GB of windows update files occupied, But not able to clean it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Files Showing 22 GB of windows update files occupied, But not able to clean it.: Hi,I'm trying to free up space on my C drive using the storage option in settings. It shows that there is 22.7 GB of temporary files, but there's no option to remove that 22 GB of files. I tried using disk cleanup but it only cleans around 10..15 MB of data. Please help....
  5. Temporary Files Showing 22 GB of windows update files occupied, But not able to clean it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Files Showing 22 GB of windows update files occupied, But not able to clean it.: Hi,I'm trying to free up space on my C drive using the storage option in settings. It shows that there is 22.7 GB of temporary files, but there's no option to remove that 22 GB of files. I tried using disk cleanup but it only cleans around 10..15 MB of data. Please help....
  6. Temporary Files Showing 22 GB of windows update files occupied, But not able to clean it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Temporary Files Showing 22 GB of windows update files occupied, But not able to clean it.

8. My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows 10 system files occupy over 300 GB in space: Hi I wanted to see if any of you guys could help me free some space from the disk as it’s occupying too much space. I’ve already deleted temp files and was wondering if maybe formatting the disk while preserving windows would solve it, or if there is any other way of solving...
  9. windows 10 size is 4 gb but it occupies more space while installing it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 size is 4 gb but it occupies more space while installing it: hi, windows 10 size is 4gb but installing it on c drive with 31.4 gb free space, renders only 2 gb free space . is it possible to reduce it to 5 or 6 gb. [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] any hint to reduce its size would be highly appreciated. thanks....
  10. Windows Updates occupying entire system disc

Windows Updates occupying entire system disc: I have a Lenovo ideated 110s. I can't install updates on the computer due to insufficient space. I have deleted everything that I could but there is still insufficient space. I found that there is multiple gigabytes of previous windows updates that are occupying most of my...