Windows 10: Windows 10 system files take up a whopping 900gb, is there a way to condense this?

Discus and support Windows 10 system files take up a whopping 900gb, is there a way to condense this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried a disk clean but it’s still eating up all my storage, do I just need to reinstall windows or is there another way around it? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ProfessorSucc, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Windows 10 system files take up a whopping 900gb, is there a way to condense this?

I tried a disk clean but it’s still eating up all my storage, do I just need to reinstall windows or is there another way around it?

submitted by /u/ProfessorSucc
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ProfessorSucc, Mar 2, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2021
  3. SF-666 condenser microphone

My system does not recognize the SF-666 condenser microphone. The only place I have to plug it into is the headphones port/audio jack. When I plug it in is says 'You just plugged a device into the audio jack', but it does not recognize it as an external
    microphone. I have followed all the steps provided in this community like ensuring that the drivers are up to date etc, but still nothing is working. Any other suggestions? Is it a Windows 10 issue?

Carl Mak_1, Mar 2, 2021
  4. theonedub Win User

Windows 10 system files take up a whopping 900gb, is there a way to condense this?

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

No its built into Windows, just open disk cleanup and select 'Clean up system Files' button on the bottom left- now you'll see previous installs of Windows listed under list of cleanable items. My old install is a whopping 25GB of my 256GB SSD.

theonedub, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 system files take up a whopping 900gb, is there a way to condense this?

1. Windows 10 system files take up a whopping 900gb, is there a way to condense this? - Similar Threads - system files whopping

2. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  3. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space: I'm looking for an answer about how to clear up disk space!I have a 256GB SSD, and nearly half of it is "System & reserved" files!! It is a Dell XPS 15 9575, a two-in-one laptop with touchscreen and pen. About 2 years old, bought it new. It still runs great, no issues except...
  4. "System & reserved" files taking up way too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Files takings up 905GB

System Files takings up 905GB: [IMG]I dont get it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-takings-up-905gb/f4485963-5694-4758-85b9-887ece57327f
  6. System Taking up Way more Storage Than Normal

System Taking up Way more Storage Than Normal: Yesterday i resetted my Computer, a fresh windows install nothing wrong. After a few Hours my Computer was saying i needed more space, i checked and windows was taking up 70 Gigabytes. Next day i booted my pc up and it was back to normal. After a few hours its taking up...
  7. System Taking up Way more Than Normal

System Taking up Way more Than Normal: Yesterday i resetted my Computer, a fresh windows install nothing wrong. After a few Hours my Computer was saying i needed more space, i checked and windows was taking up 70 Gigabytes. Next day i booted my pc up and it was back to normal. After a few hours its taking up...
  8. shortcuts opening up condensed

in Windows 10 Customization
    shortcuts opening up condensed: The properties tab on my shortcut does not open the screen to default set it to open full screen. theres nothing in the lower two thirds of box. these are shortcuts to web site locations...
  9. System files taking up 200gb

in Windows 10 Customization
    System files taking up 200gb: My system files is taking up 200gb and I don't know where it's coming from. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-files-taking-up-200gb/588f5189-a89c-4560-b56e-533730e4ed47
  10. System Files taking up 424 GB

System Files taking up 424 GB: I created a 50GB Windows partition on my MacBook, but the "necessary" system files are somehow taking up over 400GB. I can't download anything and it's very frustrating, because none of my attempts to free up space have helped! [ATTACH]...