Windows 10: Windows 10 System Image B/U selection of Factory Image Drive

Discus and support Windows 10 System Image B/U selection of Factory Image Drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045,4529 I just created a successful system image backup. In setting up the process it asked me what drives to include.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hamop54, Jun 15, 2024.

1. Hamop54 Win User

Windows 10 System Image B/U selection of Factory Image Drive

In Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045,4529 I just created a successful system image backup. In setting up the process it asked me what drives to include. There was a choice to select called "Factory Image" at the bottom of the list which I checked. All other selections were already checked and grayed out. Should I have selected the Factory Image: What does that do?

:)

Hamop54, Jun 15, 2024

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Jun 15, 2024
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 15, 2024
  4. Windows 10 System Image B/U selection of Factory Image Drive

System Image Restoration in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following questions:

• Could you please tell me are you facing any issue with your Windows 10 computer?
    • Could you please explain in detail “Windows 10 restoration of system Image affects all the existing partitions instead of only C:\”?
    When we create system image, by default, a system image includes the drives required for Windows to run. It also includes Windows and your system settings, programs, and files. You can use a system image to restore the contents of your computer
    if your hard disk or computer ever stops working.

In Windows 10 We have an option to select other drives while creating System Image backup. If you have selected other drives too when creating System Image backup it will affect those drives too.

I suggest you to create a system image and check.

To create system image on Windows 10 follow the below methods.

• Type File history in the search area on the taskbar and select File history.

• Click on System image backup on the left bottom corner of the Window file history Window.

• Click on Create System Image on the left panel of the System Image backup windows.

• Select the driver, where you want to Create system Image.

• Follow on screen instruction.
    Please get back to us with the updated information. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jun 15, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 System Image B/U selection of Factory Image Drive

1. Windows 10 System Image B/U selection of Factory Image Drive - Similar Threads - System Image selection

2. Windows 10 System Image B/U selection of Factory Image Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System Image B/U selection of Factory Image Drive: In Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045,4529 I just created a successful system image backup. In setting up the process it asked me what drives to include. There was a choice to select called "Factory Image" at the bottom of the list which I checked. All other selections were...
  3. Windows 10 System Image B/U selection of Factory Image Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 System Image B/U selection of Factory Image Drive: In Windows 10 22H2 OS Build 19045,4529 I just created a successful system image backup. In setting up the process it asked me what drives to include. There was a choice to select called "Factory Image" at the bottom of the list which I checked. All other selections were...
  4. I want to create a System Image Backup of by windows 10 drive but in the drive selection...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to create a System Image Backup of by windows 10 drive but in the drive selection...: As i mentioned in the question, while creating image backup my E drive was made un-deselectable and it would take a lot of space to backup up as E drive just contails my documents,games and files. How do I remove E drive from this mandatory selection?Thank You for assisting...
  5. I want to create a System Image Backup of by windows 10 drive but in the drive selection...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to create a System Image Backup of by windows 10 drive but in the drive selection...: As i mentioned in the question, while creating image backup my E drive was made un-deselectable and it would take a lot of space to backup up as E drive just contails my documents,games and files. How do I remove E drive from this mandatory selection?Thank You for assisting...
  6. Drives selection for system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drives selection for system image: Hi. I am trying to make a system image but I'm troubled with something i haven't experienced before.When I installed windows on my current PC, i had all system files installed on an SSD which is Disk C. That's the only disk i actually care about for the system image, as i...
  7. Drives selection for system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drives selection for system image: Hi. I am trying to make a system image but I'm troubled with something i haven't experienced before.When I installed windows on my current PC, i had all system files installed on an SSD which is Disk C. That's the only disk i actually care about for the system image, as i...
  8. Drives selection for system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. r drive image system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    r drive image system image: I have never done back ups before so am new to this.I have r image drive and created a system image and saved on to my 2nd hard drive,I created a start up disc and booted up from it to make sure it all worked ok.my question is, the size of used space on my c drive is 59...
  10. Change default selected drives for creating system image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Change default selected drives for creating system image: Hello, I'm trying to make a system image, but windows 10 automatically selects a drive that isn't needed for the system image. Since it is grayed out, I can't deselect it. I only want to image my C:, D: and system reserve drives. The program keeps adding my E: drive which...