Windows 10: Windows 10 System Image Back up takes inordinately long time without completing after 97%...

Discus and support Windows 10 System Image Back up takes inordinately long time without completing after 97%... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 Backup & Recovery. While taking System Image Backup, after 97% Completion as System Image Creation starts, systems Keeps creating Image for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sumangal Bhatawdekar, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Windows 10 System Image Back up takes inordinately long time without completing after 97%...

Windows 10 Backup & Recovery. While taking System Image Backup, after 97% Completion as System Image Creation starts, systems Keeps creating Image for a very long time. Last time I aborted backup after 12 Hours. How much time is this supposed to take? Should I assume that activity has gone into loop & stuck up. What can be the possible reason? How much time it is supposed to take reasonably?

:)

Sumangal Bhatawdekar, Nov 6, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 System Image Back up takes inordinately long time without completing after 97%... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 6, 2018
  3. System Image Backup Stalling at 97%

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3: DISM Commands.

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM.

Refer to the below link on how to perform DISM commands.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Windows 10 System Image Back up takes inordinately long time without completing after 97%...

System Image Backup Stalling at 97%

I have Windows 10 and want to do a clean install so I can hopefully fix issues with connecting to my printer. Before I do this, I want to create a system image backup, just in case. However, it keep freezing at 97%. I have tried over six different times
    and each time it stops at 97% (even when I leave it on overnight). I tried everything from this forum:

System Image Backup

without any luck. I am using a recently purchased 3 TB Toshiba external hard drive. I am able to save File History on it without trouble, but not create a system image. Please help me! I will provide some screen shots which may help...

Windows 10 System Image Back up takes inordinately long time without completing after 97%... 11a061bc-a54e-455b-9f0b-d5604b3bafae.png

Windows 10 System Image Back up takes inordinately long time without completing after 97%... 8ece0d3f-f064-40b5-9f51-da4beeed6895.png

Windows 10 System Image Back up takes inordinately long time without completing after 97%... 13fe9408-b0b7-4ed8-823c-aa76fc9cb06a.png

bestblondeboy, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 System Image Back up takes inordinately long time without completing after 97%...

1. Windows 10 System Image Back up takes inordinately long time without completing after 97%... - Similar Threads - System Image takes

2. System image, complete file back up, or both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System image, complete file back up, or both?: I’m going to perform a system reset on my laptop which I’m nearly positive has a hardware issue and am not keen on having to reinstall all my apps and getting my c compiler configured was hell, especially since I don’t think the restart will solve anythingMy plan is to set it...
  3. System image, complete file back up, or both?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image, complete file back up, or both?: I’m going to perform a system reset on my laptop which I’m nearly positive has a hardware issue and am not keen on having to reinstall all my apps and getting my c compiler configured was hell, especially since I don’t think the restart will solve anythingMy plan is to set it...
  4. Windows Back Up Hangs at 97%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Back Up Hangs at 97%: May I please get some help backing up my computer? I bought an external hard drive that I wish to back up my entire system to. I am not interested in One Drive or any online storage. However, my back up hangs up at 97% creating system image. Now it tells me the back up...
  5. File history back up takes tooooooooooo long to complete.

File history back up takes tooooooooooo long to complete.: I configured File history like this: First selected a Drive. Then selected the folders to include. Then Turned on File history backup. The backup started. The backup process is still in progress for days together. When ever tried to restore Actually I dont want to restore...
  6. Windows System Restore taking a long time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows System Restore taking a long time?: It’s been around 6 hours give or take. I was downloading a program, which ended up launching into a computer restart. When I came back, all of my data (except programs) was wiped. I used the Windows System restore feature at a restore point right before i updated, and it took...
  7. Windows takes an inordinate amount of time to start up/restart/resume

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows takes an inordinate amount of time to start up/restart/resume: HP desktop i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41GHz 16GB RAM Win 10 Home While this computer has a good amount of RAM, it goes from restart to "severely congested/slow to resumefrom sleep" fairly quickly (a couple of days). Now I admit that my practice of keeping several workspaces...
  8. Windows takes an inordinate amount of time to start up/restart/resume

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows takes an inordinate amount of time to start up/restart/resume: HP desktop i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41GHz 16GB RAM Win 10 Home While this computer has a good amount of RAM, it goes from restart to "severely congested/slow to resumefrom sleep" fairly quickly (a couple of days). Now I admit that my practice of keeping several workspaces...
  9. WIN 10 back up fails at 97% complete

WIN 10 back up fails at 97% complete: My last complete back-up took place on June 16, 2018. Since June 2012, I have been backing-up my computer (running WIN XP and WIN 7 prior to WIN 10, which came loaded on a new HP computer purchased in January 2018) using an external WD 1TB hard drive encased in a Sabrent...
  10. System Restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore taking a long time: I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ? 65203

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 backup taking a long time

2. backup sticking at 97%

3. long time to back up windows 10

4. a long time to backup windows 10,
  5. windows 10 back up stays at 97% for long time