Windows 10: Windows 10 system image backup.

Discus and support Windows 10 system image backup. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is the best way to backup a system image windows 10. I tried to backup to a usb flashdrive but it failed. I trid with a third pary backup tool... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Peter Richards2, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Windows 10 system image backup.

What is the best way to backup a system image windows 10. I tried to backup to a usb flashdrive but it failed. I trid with a third pary backup tool butit says my flashdrive was too small 32 gb to backup by harddrive. I don't want to backup my whole hard drive just the system image not personnel file.How shoul I proceed?

:)

Peter Richards2, Mar 18, 2023

2. Creating a System Image backup - keeps looping

Hi,

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to assist you with the query.

I understand the inconvenience caused, now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

The system image is exactly like the mirrored copy of the Operating System which contains the configuration of the Operating System. When you create backup system image your windows 10 comes back to the same position at when the image was created earlier.

As an initial step, I suggest you to make sure that the services required for backup to run successfully is enabled. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows + R
      keys, type services.msc and press Enter.

• In the services window, locate the services
      File history service
      and the Volume shadow copy service and check if they are running.

• If they are not running, right-click and select
      Start to manually start the service.

• Check if you are able to create a backup now.
    Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article created by

Andre Da Costa
    and check if it helps.

How to: Create a system image in Windows 10

Redirecting

Step 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and then check.

Booting the computer in a clean boot state can reduce software conflicts and help identify the root cause of the issue. You can refer to this article for more information:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: After troubleshooting, reset the computer to start as usual. Refer to the step
    How to set the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting under more information.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Windows 10 System Image Backup Suggested Features

Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

SUGGESTED CHANGES:

[Balance User Friendly implementation with RESOURCE USAGE, so that Backup and Restore doesn't become a RESOURSE HOG].

1. Eliminate ALL references to "Windows 7".

2. To the extent necessary, MANAGE "Windows Defender" and "File History" to PREVENT INTERFERENCE during SYSTEM IMAGE BACKUP.

3. Warn user to suspend 3rd Party Product SCANNING during Windows System Image Backup (ie: McAfee Anti-Virus Real-Time Scanning and Scheduled Scan ).

4. Show CURRENT FREE SPACE on selected Backup Location [ie: Iomega (FWindows 10 system image backup. :)].

5. SHOW DETAILS should Expand current page, not create a new page.

6. SHOW DETAILS suggested FEATURES:

6a. Overall Completion Percent

6b. List of completed Activities

6c. Completion Percent of Current In-Process Activity

6d. List of Activities not yet started

I invite the Microsoft Community to comment on and add to this post to help improve the Windows 10 Backup and Restore Feature.

RalphHosmer, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Pehla Win User

Windows 10 system image backup.

windows 10 licencing and image backup??

tomorow im upgrading my system significantly(hope i speel the one right)... *Smile Windows 10 system image backup. :)
    cpu,mobo,ram..
    so my question is if i make windows image backup(curently amd platform),can i use it to install it on
    new hardware?? its intel this time...

Pehla, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 system image backup.

1. Windows 10 system image backup. - Similar Threads - system image backup

2. Windows 10 system image backup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system image backup.: What is the best way to backup a system image windows 10. I tried to backup to a usb flashdrive but it failed. I trid with a third pary backup tool butit says my flashdrive was too small 32 gb to backup by harddrive. I don't want to backup my whole hard drive just the system...
  3. Windows 10 system image backup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system image backup.: What is the best way to backup a system image windows 10. I tried to backup to a usb flashdrive but it failed. I trid with a third pary backup tool butit says my flashdrive was too small 32 gb to backup by harddrive. I don't want to backup my whole hard drive just the system...
  4. Windows System Image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows System Image backup: I want to create a System Image backup of my PC running Windows 10. The hard disk has no partitions, its a single drive with 57 GB used. I am planning to use a 1 Tb external HDD for the backupWill my external HDD get formatted during the backup process?How much space...
  5. System image backup in windows 10

System image backup in windows 10: For storing system image backup, should I have a separate hard drive dedicated to system image backups? Can i use the hard drive to store any other data? How big would a system image file would be? If I had 50gb worth of data in my system, would the image file also be 50gb or...
  6. Windows 10 system image backup

Windows 10 system image backup: No matter how many times I go into control panel, file history, i can't find 'system image backup', on the left side of the page. or any options list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-system-image-backup/78afed59-2427-44cb-99f4-fa8bb173907b
  7. System image backup

System image backup: I have a windows 10 pro PC and I recently replaced my main 2TB HD with a 3TB using GPT and cloned my drive with no problem, I also installed a 3TB drive and formatted it using GPT as a way of doing a system image, which I had previously gone to a 2TB HD. Since this change...
  8. system image backup

system image backup: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  9. Windows 10 system image backup

Windows 10 system image backup: Since installing windows on a SSD drive, system image backup fails with an error Messages "Failure in preparing backup image (0x807800C5)" "Specified backup disk cannot be found (0x80780081)"...
  10. Windows 10 System Image Backup

Windows 10 System Image Backup: Sir/Mam I am unable to save a system image backup of my Windows 10. I am getting the following errors.(see attachment). I want to save my backup in my internal drive which is a different disk,( I have 3 separate internal hard disk). Format of partition is NTFS.I even tried...