Windows 10: Windows 10 System image on bootable USB

Discus and support Windows 10 System image on bootable USB in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So, lots of questions after reading and googling for hours. I wonder if I understood something at all but here is what I would like to do and what I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by loungebob, Jul 20, 2018.

1. loungebob Win User

Windows 10 System image on bootable USB

So, lots of questions after reading and googling for hours. I wonder if I understood something at all but here is what I would like to do and what I'm not sure about.

Task: backup complete Win 10 System disk (dedicated SSD) in a way it can be restored in case the SSD suddenly decides to stop working again. Ideally as an automated process so that image would be generated in predefined intervals or when certain events happen, triggered by them.

I thought, have the image created by one of the free tools (macrium, easus, aomei…) onto a USB flash drive and use my other USB drive with a bootable Win 10 Pro image to boot in case the boot drive goes bye bye and tell Win 10 during install to use the other USB drive with the System image to restore.

But I guess that doesn't work, right? The System image created by those free tools is probably in a proprietary format and needs the corresponding tool that created it to restore that image, right? So that means I need to reinstall Win 10 Pro again, then install that image creation tool and use it to re-install my System image?

Or is there a way a bootable USB can be created containing the System image file and it'll be "restored" back to a drive and be a fully functional Win 10 version without having to install Win 10 stock first, then my configured Win 10 System image after?

Or how do you guys do that? I just want a quick and reliable way to restore my customized and working Win 10 System in case the drive breaks or the current installation is f-ed up.

:)

loungebob, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 16, 2018
  3. regism Win User
    How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Thanks Maria:

I made a system image on a USB flash drive using the tools available in Windows 10. I want to make this image bootable so that I can reinstall it on my computer from the same USB flash drive. Can I do this using the method you have suggested?

If not, can you or anyone else tell me how to do this?

Thanks again,

Regis

regism, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 System image on bootable USB

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 System image on bootable USB

1. Windows 10 System image on bootable USB - Similar Threads - System image bootable

2. How Do I Make A Bootable System Image Of My Pc ,usb bootable

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Make A Bootable System Image Of My Pc ,usb bootable: How Do I Make A Bootable System Image Of My Pc ,usb bootable. 182388
  3. Create custom Windows 10 bootable USB image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create custom Windows 10 bootable USB image: Hi,I have been trying to create a custom Windows 10 bootable image USB stick.I have downloaded Windows 10 20H2 and I have our own personalised image file as a ".wim" file. This has our own settings and software installed. It is 13.2Gb in size.Please could you advise on the...
  4. Windows 10 bootable image

Windows 10 bootable image: Greetings dearfriends: I have a logisticproblem. My PC is failing a bit I thinkit's the hard drive and I've made some adjustments and some cleaning to get the PC to work acceptablyagain. However, this is perhaps a warning from what’s coming ahead. For thisreason, I want to...
  5. Windows 10 bootable usb

Windows 10 bootable usb: Hello Guy's, One of my laptops OS has been deleted. And I downloaded an iso of the win 10 and made a bootable usb now when I'm trying to boot with usb I can't access the win 10 installation process. It says "System bootorder not found. Initializing default Reset system"...
  6. windows 10 iso image not bootable.

windows 10 iso image not bootable.: hello, i am trying to make a boot able windows ten usb on fedora linux. I download the iso from the official websitewith a download speed a lot lower than it should be for unknown reasons then i go into balena etcher and select the iso image that i would like to flash to my...
  7. Windows 10 bootable USB

Windows 10 bootable USB: Does a windows 10 bootable USB can only install windows 10 for only a limited amount of device, Or is it Unlimited https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bootable-usb/087aacad-202b-42bd-9b20-b65c839d21a3
  8. Bootable USB image backup software search

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Bootable USB image backup software search: Am using Acronis TI 2020 and use its feature to create a bootable USB image backup. But I have issues with Acronis -like always running and doing things I didn't ask it to do. So am looking for another software product that will also create bootable image USBs, so I don't...
  9. A bootable USB for Windows 10.

A bootable USB for Windows 10.: How do I create a bootable USB for Windows 10. I don't need a recovery USB just a bootable one.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-bootable-usb-for-windows-10/2645ea61-bb75-42b4-8191-8e81dea0d930
  10. Windows 10 bootable USB

Windows 10 bootable USB: Hi, I've just upgraded. I was previously on 8.1 and frequently used System Restore and Backup to generate a recovery image of my windows installation. In the event that I ever needed to restore an image, I used a bootable recovery USB - if memory serves me correctly, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bootable system image windows 10

2. bootable system image windows 102019