Windows 10: Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails On a New SSHD

Discus and support Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails On a New SSHD in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Windows 10 x64 Pro system 1 TB HDD failed. Replaced with Seagate 2 TB SSHD drive. System Image Restore failed at the end with error - The Parameter is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jmerritt, Mar 26, 2017.

1. jmerritt Win User

Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails On a New SSHD

Windows 10 x64 Pro system 1 TB HDD failed. Replaced with Seagate 2 TB SSHD drive. System Image Restore failed at the end with error - The Parameter is Incorrect error code 0x80070057. Tried rerunning restore and now I get error - Element not found 0x80070015. Is there something special I need to do to the drive before restoring the system image?

:)

jmerritt, Mar 26, 2017
  2. neilpzz Win User

Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails For New SSHD

It might be the fact that you made the image of a traditional mechanical hard drive and you are trying to restore it to a hybrid drive. As the drive is part solid state and mechanical drive do you know which you are restoring the image to. I assume it
    a the OS image. Windows would need special drivers to use the SSHD. Have you tried using installation media created with the Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
    to clean install windows.

neilpzz, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails For New SSHD

Windows 10 x64 Pro system 1 TB HDD failed. Replaced with Seagate 2 TB SSHD drive. System Image Restore failed at the end with error - The Parameter is Incorrect error code 0x80070057. Tried rerunning
    restore and now I get error - Element not found 0x80070015. Is there something special I need to do to the drive before restoring the system image?

JohnMerritt_65, Mar 26, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Thema:

1. Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails On a New SSHD - Similar Threads - System Image Restore

2. Windows 10 system image restore failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system image restore failed: I am in a bit of a pickle. After the latest failed attempt to upgrade my system from W10 to W11 I got a boot\BCD error. I have a recent system image but when I try to re-image using a W10 install USB I receive the error: The system image restore failed. Error details: The...
  3. Windows 10 system image restore failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system image restore failed: I am in a bit of a pickle. After the latest failed attempt to upgrade my system from W10 to W11 I got a boot\BCD error. I have a recent system image but when I try to re-image using a W10 install USB I receive the error: The system image restore failed. Error details: The...
  4. Windows 10 system image restore failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System image restore failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System image restore failed: Hi guys,I don't know if someone have problem like mine, because from what I can search, there may be almost similar issue but none of the solution works for me so if you guys have any idea, please help meContext: I am upgrading my HP laptop by adding a new SSD disk 240gb for...
  6. System image restore failed

System image restore failed: Hi guys,I don't know if someone have problem like mine, because from what I can search, there may be almost similar issue but none of the solution works for me so if you guys have any idea, please help meContext: I am upgrading my HP laptop by adding a new SSD disk 240gb for...
  7. System image fails to restore image.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System image fails to restore image.: I am trying to restore a system image on my computer but I cannot understand why it keeps failing. Previously I had no problems in restoring a system image. The following error message is displayed instead: “The system image restore failed.Windows cannot restore a system...
  8. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  9. System image restore fails

System image restore fails: I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full. 1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image. 2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB. 3. I boot up using the USB and attempt...
  10. System Image Restore Fail

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Restore Fail: Hi All, I had to wind my OS back to windows 7 using recovery media because a system image I created with the backup and restore tool in windows 10 failed to restore. The system image was on an external hdd but it could not be found when plugged into a USB port. I'll...