Windows 10: Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails On a New SSHD

Discus and support Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails On a New SSHD in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Windows 10 x64 Pro system 1 TB HDD failed. Replaced with Seagate 2 TB SSHD drive. System Image Restore failed at the end with error - The Parameter is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jmerritt, Mar 26, 2017.

1. jmerritt Win User

Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails On a New SSHD

Windows 10 x64 Pro system 1 TB HDD failed. Replaced with Seagate 2 TB SSHD drive. System Image Restore failed at the end with error - The Parameter is Incorrect error code 0x80070057. Tried rerunning restore and now I get error - Element not found 0x80070015. Is there something special I need to do to the drive before restoring the system image?

:)

jmerritt, Mar 26, 2017
  2. neilpzz Win User

Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails For New SSHD

It might be the fact that you made the image of a traditional mechanical hard drive and you are trying to restore it to a hybrid drive. As the drive is part solid state and mechanical drive do you know which you are restoring the image to. I assume it
    a the OS image. Windows would need special drivers to use the SSHD. Have you tried using installation media created with the Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
    to clean install windows.

neilpzz, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails For New SSHD

Windows 10 x64 Pro system 1 TB HDD failed. Replaced with Seagate 2 TB SSHD drive. System Image Restore failed at the end with error - The Parameter is Incorrect error code 0x80070057. Tried rerunning
    restore and now I get error - Element not found 0x80070015. Is there something special I need to do to the drive before restoring the system image?

JohnMerritt_65, Mar 26, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Thema:

1. Windows 10 System Image Restore Fails On a New SSHD - Similar Threads - System Image Restore

2. System Restore image ?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore image ?????: I have just installed windows 10 home instead of the pro version which I installed by mistake then I restored my system image and everything was perfect as before !...….however on closer inspection I discovered windows 10 pro had be installed again !!!!! arrrrrrrrgh...
  3. System Image "Failed"?

System Image "Failed"?: Hello. I created a system image in windows 10 to backup on my external drive. Its was about 80% done before I left for the night. However, when I came in this morning, I found that the backup had "failed" becasuse "new bad clusters were found on the source volume. These...
  4. Restoring system using system image windows 10

Restoring system using system image windows 10: when restoring computer from system image in windows 10, does the target drive have to be at least the same size as the drive containing the image. I'm getting contradictory answers from various forums. also does it have to be an external drive ?...
  5. System image restore fails

System image restore fails: I'm replacing the hard drive on my laptop since my original is full. 1. Using Windows' Backup and Restore, I created a system image. 2. Since I do not have a DVD drive, I created a Windows 10 install media (here) directly to a USB. 3. I boot up using the USB and attempt...
  6. System Image not Restoring.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image not Restoring.: Hi guys, so i reset my Toshiba laptop to its original factory settings and it came with windows 10 home. Then i had to clean install the windows on my laptop again because i was having some trouble with the touchpad drivers, so i wiped C. drive fully and installed window 10...
  7. System image restore failed, BIOS/UEFI

System image restore failed, BIOS/UEFI: I'm trying to restore my system to its previous state with a system image that I created in Windows 10. The system image is on an external hard drive. When I boot into my Windows installation flash drive, which I used to install the operating system, I get an error. It says,...
  8. System Image Restore Fail

System Image Restore Fail: Hi All, I had to wind my OS back to windows 7 using recovery media because a system image I created with the backup and restore tool in windows 10 failed to restore. The system image was on an external hdd but it could not be found when plugged into a USB port. I'll...
  9. Restore System Image

Restore System Image: I familiar with restoring a back up image from an external USB HD. My question is, what is the correct procedure for restoring a system image from an incremental or differential back up image. Would I restore the first saved image and then the last incremental or differential...
  10. system restore and imaging.

system restore and imaging.: Hello I have a one T external drive I image to and it recently showed that 2 - 23 or 30 GB images were filling the drive. A friend, using Treesize, explained that this is due to the restore points taking up space. I changed the scale from 2% to 1 and then created one point....