Windows 10: Windows 10 System Image Restore failure with some types of error.

Discus and support Windows 10 System Image Restore failure with some types of error. in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; If you like, you can very simply create a full backup of Windows (all partitions related) via Backup, Windows Backup. Then you can maintain that with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ARNaja, Oct 6, 2016.

1. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 System Image Restore failure with some types of error.

If you like, you can very simply create a full backup of Windows (all partitions related) via Backup, Windows Backup.
    Then you can maintain that with differential backups (free edition).

Any other partitions and disks- base image, differential images.

dalchina, Oct 11, 2016
  2. simrick Win User

Yes, basically you are correct. Except, there's nothing stopping you from making an incremental/differential at any time, against one of the full backups.

Let's say you made two full backups of the entire drive, (all partitions), and saved them in a folder on an external drive called H:\FullBackupImages. You've scheduled this backup to run once a week, and it takes quite a long time to run and verify. You decide you're going to install a new program, but you're not sure how it will function on the system, and you want to prepare just in case something goes wrong. You'd rather not wait for the full backup to run, but you really want some protection, as the last one was made 6 days ago, so you have quite a bit to lose if you have to restore from the last full backup. In this case, you could go to the instruction set for your full backup image, right-click it, and select to run a differential/incremental:

Windows 10 System Image Restore failure with some types of error. [​IMG]

The differential/incremental will basically capture the differences between how the system was at the last full backup and how it is at this moment. That differential/incremental will be quite small and fast to complete. Once the new software is installed and you've verified that everything is good, your next full image will run as normally scheduled, and the differential should never be needed. However, if the install completely borks the system, or introduces some unwanted malware, the easiest way to recover is to re-image the full backup and the differential, to get you right back where you were before the program was installed. So, it does have its advantages. I just wouldn't depend on a collection of differentials/incrementals only.

simrick, Oct 11, 2016
  3. ARNaja Win User
    Mr Simrick and Mr Dalchina. Finally i do understand how to do it by trying it on the other laptop. Thank you so much for both of your help. You are amazing gurus. Terima kasih. *Thumbs

Ps: i dont know why every time i want to give you more thumbs this massage is shown "
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to simrick/dalchina again."

ARNaja, Oct 12, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Quite welcome ARNaja. Glad we could help.
    Yeah, you have to "share the love" before repping the same people again. *Wink

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 System Image Restore failure with some types of error. - Similar Threads - System Image Restore

2. System Image Restore Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Restore Error 0x80070057: I have run into this error 0x80070057 while trying to recover my hard drive after a different blue screen error. The message is that the "parameter is incorrect" paraphrasing as I don't have it in front of me, but the hex error code above is correct.Is there any way to get...
  3. System Image Restore Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image Restore Error 0x80070057: I have run into this error 0x80070057 while trying to recover my hard drive after a different blue screen error. The message is that the "parameter is incorrect" paraphrasing as I don't have it in front of me, but the hex error code above is correct.Is there any way to get...
  4. System Image Restore Error 0x80070057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. System Image Restore Error

System Image Restore Error: Hello, I have recently purchased a new PC and intended to restore a system image created on my previous PC on the new one. I created recovery media using Windows 10 and ran into an error when restoring from the system image on my external HDD. The error: "system image...
  6. Restoring Windows 10 System Image

Restoring Windows 10 System Image: Is it possible to install recovery media on the same external hard drive as the system image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-windows-10-system-image/1737c692-1129-4665-ad09-81159c764e5b
  7. Windows 10 system image restore

Windows 10 system image restore: Saved an image of Windows 10 ssd along with data hard drive , attempted to restore using recovery CD, the data drive was copied but the system image restore failed with message 0x80070057 "The parameter is incorrect". I am using two new target drives . I have looked at about...
  8. System restore failure windows 10 error 0x80071160

System restore failure windows 10 error 0x80071160: I want to restore my system on my computer that is running windows 10, but it comes back saying it failed with the error 0x80071160. I've tried different times to restore the system to, but none work. Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? Pepijn...
  9. System restore failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore failure: What should the boot mode be for windows 10 on the laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/system-restore-failure/1c7f2a9e-1735-4117-bc0c-572366c239b5
  10. Windows 10 system restore failure

Windows 10 system restore failure: I accidentally deleted a big folder with a lot of my files in it and I am trying to restore to a point where it wasn't deleted which is last Saturday. But i get this error: System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not...