Windows 10: Windows 10 "system" keeps running high power until PC is rebooted for no apparent reason

Discus and support Windows 10 "system" keeps running high power until PC is rebooted for no apparent reason in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I updated Windows 10 in June/July I have noticed that in task manager the system process creeps up in power and CPU usage levels. I normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlexSBoyd, Nov 4, 2020.

1. AlexSBoyd Win User

Windows 10 "system" keeps running high power until PC is rebooted for no apparent reason

Since I updated Windows 10 in June/July I have noticed that in task manager the system process creeps up in power and CPU usage levels.

I normally leave my PC running 24 hrs a day and it becomes an issue when it hist 25% of CPU as my CPU fan then switches to high cooling rate.

The added noise is a real problem plus my CPU runs very warm as summer is approaching and local temps are up to 30 DegC plus, this is an even more painful situation.

I have not added anything to my machine nor have I added software that would cause this issue. I have run diskclean, ccleaner to check rego files and find even if I am not using the machine because I am away over the weekend, the problem is still ongoing.

This is similar to the system interrupts issue we had in an earlier update, to stop that issue I have to maintain Task Manager running minimised. So I have a constant view of the CPU levels in my notification area...

I have read and tried all the stock standard scripted troubleshooting answer offered through normal channels, so I was hoping that someone may have investigated this issue and has come up with a solution.

Regards,

AlexB

:)

AlexSBoyd, Nov 4, 2020
  2. PaulAubin Win User

Win 10 keeps rebooting for no apparent reason

My system keeps rebooting for no apparent reason. It happens maybe once a week and usually while I am streaming video on YouTube. The last 2 times it happened Windows generated minidump files which I have stored at the link below, along with a system summary
    file.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Paul

PaulAubin, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 shuts down daily for no apparent reason

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

As a work around, I suggest you to follow the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Press Windows+R open Run,

• Type shutdown –a in the empty box and

• Tap OK.
    Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, run power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 2: Run thepower troubleshooter
    and check if it works.

Note: The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can
    help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press Windows + W keys on your keyboard to get the search option.

• Type Troubleshooting and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Now type Power troubleshooter in the
      search option.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 "system" keeps running high power until PC is rebooted for no apparent reason

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 "system" keeps running high power until PC is rebooted for no apparent reason - Similar Threads - system keeps running

2. Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps freezing for no apparent reason: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10 today. I put it on a USB, wiped every drive clean, and reinstalled Windows on my SSD. However, the system keeps freezing at random, and I have no idea why. It doesn’t seem to be linked to any program running. I’ll just be doing...
  3. I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I keep bluescreening for no apparent reason: i keep bluescreening for no apparent reason, it first started when i was playing csgo i would just rando bsod, then it evolved to all games and now it has evolved to always happening there is a different stopcode each time and i dont know what ot do at this point so far ive...
  4. Windows 10 slowing for no apparent reason on a relatively high spec system

Windows 10 slowing for no apparent reason on a relatively high spec system: Hello, I'm trying to troubleshoot a windows 10 computer that slows down over a period of several days for no apparent reason. It's an intel i7, 32GB of RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, Radeon 5600. When I look at task manager, CPU usage is low just a few percent. Disk is 0 to 1%...
  5. Freezing games on PC for no apparent reason?

Freezing games on PC for no apparent reason?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] My hardware: i5 4670k á 4,4ghz (has been running so stable for years) Asus Strix GTX 1060 MSI Z87-G45 gaming motherboard 16GB G.Skill DDR3 Ram The games will have a still image after a short time and then switch...
  6. High CPU usage on all programs for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High CPU usage on all programs for no apparent reason: Hello, I have two PCs, one at home and one at my university. Recently I used my home PC SSD and HDD and put them in my university PC. The two PCs have separate hardware, and everything worked fine on my university PC after I installed the proper drivers. However, when I put...
  7. Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons

Frequent System freeze for no apparent reasons: Hello all, I am running insane! My old custom build PC has become completely unreliable, and very often freezes when left idle for a while. This has never happened, but now it is frequent... I have checked the RAM sticks, and changed two that were possibly damaged. But the...
  8. Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason: Hi all, so last night i got home and wanted to use my laptop to play league of legends, but then i saw that it was running extremely slow and lagging, almost impossible to navigate the client, anyway im no computer wiz and im struggling to find the answer, i have this...
  9. Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason: Hi all, so last night i got home and wanted to use my laptop to play league of legends, but then i saw that it was running extremely slow and lagging, almost impossible to navigate the client, anyway im no computer wiz and im struggling to find the answer, i have this...
  10. Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason.

Windows 10 home edition keeps hanging, no apparant reason.: Laptop keeps hanging, have followed steps about letting Windows control power management and updated some drivers, but still randomly hangs (normally after a few minutes of inactivity, or when I am using a web browser). No obvious cause, any tips? thanks....