Windows 10: Windows 10 system lockup

Discus and support Windows 10 system lockup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since the latest major updates to version 2004 my PC has been locking up randomly, sometimes even when I have been in the middle of keying into an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MurrayMuspratt-Rouse, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 system lockup

Ever since the latest major updates to version 2004 my PC has been locking up randomly, sometimes even when I have been in the middle of keying into an application. I have done all I can to ensure that there is paging space on the main disk drive. I run AVG Tuneup whenever the system locks up, and also run the deep scan on AVG Internet Security..

My PC is a Lenovo 64 bit with 8 Gb RAM. It was bought before Windows 10 arrived, with Windows 7. I installed Windows 10 as soon as it became available. When the lockup occurs I turn off the mains supply and then turn it back on, after trying to get a response from the system with the old three finger salute!

Can anyone help me to identify what what is causing the lockup? When it occurs I remove power and switch on again. If the system actually wnet down I would get log data on the fault, but this way I get nothing!

All help gratefully received!

Murray

:)

MurrayMuspratt-Rouse, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Windows 10 lockup

Hello Tony,

There are several possible reasons why Windows 10 gets lockup. It could be due to compatibility issues, software conflicts, or system file corruptions. To resolved this issue, we suggest performing the methods
    below:

Method 1:

We suggest that you run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: Perform System File Checker (SFC) scan.

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
    sfc /scannow

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3: DISM Commands.

Fix Windows corruption errors by using the DISM.

Refer to this article on how to perform DISM commands.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Michelle Vil, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 system lockup

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 system lockup

1. Windows 10 system lockup - Similar Threads - system lockup

2. Just got a system lockup while playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got a system lockup while playing a game: hello,so the last 3 months or so I have been getting random system hard locks. I have to shut down the pc by using the power button. I tried reinstalling windows and all my drivers are up to date. I have no idea what is going on....
  3. Just got a system lockup while playing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just got a system lockup while playing a game: hello,so the last 3 months or so I have been getting random system hard locks. I have to shut down the pc by using the power button. I tried reinstalling windows and all my drivers are up to date. I have no idea what is going on....
  4. System Sleep-Permanent Lockup

in Windows 10 Support
    System Sleep-Permanent Lockup: All: Occasionally (about 1 time per week or so), when my HP laptop begins to go to sleep mode (after a period of inactivity or when 'Start/Power/Sleep' is selected), the system never makes it to sleep. The screen goes to a solid color and a spinning clock like symbol spins at...
  5. system reset lockup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    system reset lockup: I've been trying to reload windows 10 after attempting a factory reset, and having it get stuck in a reboot loop at 64%. So I created a media install on a USB flash-drive, changed my boot order, and attempted to follow the standard path to a successful reset. Once I got to...
  6. C: 100% usage causing system lockup and crash with any files attempting to save being wiped.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C: 100% usage causing system lockup and crash with any files attempting to save being wiped.: I've been using windows since win95 and until recently have been fine with that. BUT HOLY **** THIS IS STUPID. My boot drive with the windows install on it will reach 100% usage and cause a system wide lockup. At first the program I'm currently using will lock up. Menus will...
  7. System lockups then shutsdown

System lockups then shutsdown: After leaving an 3d application ,sometimes system locksup ,monitor goes to sleep and Windows restarts . Any idea what may be the cause and where should I be checking for errors? Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem...
  8. RuntimeBroker.exe causes system lockup for 20 to 30 secs with high disk usage - trashes...

RuntimeBroker.exe causes system lockup for 20 to 30 secs with high disk usage - trashes...: Ever since my Windows 10 upgraded to version 1903 (on Aug 4), it has suffered from lock-up / pregnant pauses of 20 - 30 seconds, seven to ten times per day. My workstation has reasonably high specs: a 3.5GHz Xeon processor, 32GB of RAM. and two fast SSDs (500GB & 1 TB)....
  9. High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe)

High CPU Usage & System Lockups (Taskhostw.exe): Over the past few months, I have been getting constant Windows 10 lockups. Even when my pc is idle, I will find that everything will become unresponsive for about 5 - 10 seconds and the Hard drive light turns solid red. I look at Taskmanager and it says that my PC is using...
  10. Taskhostw.exe 99%-99% Cpu Usage - Causing system lockups?

Taskhostw.exe 99%-99% Cpu Usage - Causing system lockups?: Hi, I hope somebody can help, this issue has got me in a knot. I have recently been having system lockups that last roughly 10 seconds randomly whilst using my PC. I was recommended to run perfmon/ report and it said that Taskhostw.exe is using about 99% of my cpu and it is...