Windows 10: Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\

Discus and support Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A Question on this site by marchaels on March 2, 2017 involved having Windows on drive C:\ and Default Data Folders Documents, Downloads, Music,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonGallaher, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\

A Question on this site by marchaels on March 2, 2017 involved having Windows on drive C:\ and Default Data Folders Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos on a SECOND drive such as F:\

If I install a second drive, and MOVE contents from an existing C:\ drive following directions by BulldogXX replied the same day, I should have access to data in F:\Documents from Start, Documents Icon, correct.

My main question on this subject is this. If, AFTER doing the above MOVE, and I later COPIED files and folders from a THIRD hard drive, say G:\ to the F:\Documents folder, will they be recognized by going to Start, Documents?

Hopefully someone knows the answer before I go to all the physical work of testing this theory.

I have an ACER Veriton M4618G Desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 64bit ver 1909 Build 18363.778 with 4096MB Ram and 2 sata HDD's installed.

:)

DonGallaher, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Download Folders - Default C drive and Main F Data drive!

Hi,

I have a small SSD C: drive with the Windows 10 OS.

Subsequently, I have a large (2TB) Data drive for all the remaining programs and data (simplified).

However, theis gives me TWO Download folders - one for each drive.

The 'default' C drive Download folder would not be able to accommodate large files, plus
    I would prefer the large Data Drive be the default Download folder.

The question I have is how do I make the Data drive Download Folder the one and only default Download area?

I KNOW it can be done, however a couple of years later and reinstalls, etc. I can't now find the information required to do this?

Could anyone please help or send a link for achieving the above....?

Cheers

FG

Flash_Gordon_2016, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\

Download Folders - Default C drive and Main F Data drive!

Thanks - but that didn't work.

I only get the Locations tab on when picking the Downloads folder Properties
    I want to make the default.
    ...on my Data drive.

However, the C:\ drive 'Downloads' folder does NOT have the locations tab under Properties and this is the one I want to either merge with the Data Drive folder, or ensure that this is NOT the main Downloads folder....

Cheers.

Flash_Gordon_2016, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\

1. Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\ - Similar Threads - System Default Data

2. System data caused full C disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System data caused full C disk: 2 weeks ago my C disk is still 80GB left , today its full but i dont download anything . i check and found out my system data is 120Gb unlike my other computer with only 40GB of system data . How do i delete the system data to clear my disk...
  3. System data caused full C disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System data caused full C disk: 2 weeks ago my C disk is still 80GB left , today its full but i dont download anything . i check and found out my system data is 120Gb unlike my other computer with only 40GB of system data . How do i delete the system data to clear my disk...
  4. Default Data folders duplicated, cant move my downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Data folders duplicated, cant move my downloads folder.: Hi,This is kind of a strange issue ill try to describe best I can. I have 2 drives C: SSD and D: HDD. When I installed D: I moved my default data folders over to it, becasue I didnt want them to take up storage on my SSD. IN the intervening time however something strange has...
  5. Default Data folders duplicated, cant move my downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Data folders duplicated, cant move my downloads folder.: Hi,This is kind of a strange issue ill try to describe best I can. I have 2 drives C: SSD and D: HDD. When I installed D: I moved my default data folders over to it, becasue I didnt want them to take up storage on my SSD. IN the intervening time however something strange has...
  6. Default Data folders duplicated, cant move my downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Batch file code to copy C:\folder\ to F:\

Batch file code to copy C:\folder\ to F:\: I asked a microsoft CHATperson for batch file code to copy C:\folder\ to F:\and s/he gave me the following which I can make neither head nor tail of :xcopy /s "%userprofile%\Desktop\test.txt" for /F "usebackq tokens=1,2,3,4 " %%i in `wmic logicaldisk get...
  8. system interrupts f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system interrupts f: how to fix system interrupts give me any toll that can fix the system interrupts [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-f/c9d9bb1f-0f7b-4bec-99bb-28b3cd755912
  9. Accidentally Erased/Merged system C:\User\<Name> folder and 3D Objects\ data folder - How...

Accidentally Erased/Merged system C:\User\<Name> folder and 3D Objects\ data folder - How...: TLDR: Was moving the 3D Objects folder from SSD C:\Users\<Name> to HDD D:\Users\<Name>. Sent it back from the HDD to the SDD to fix something and now it shows as C:\Users\3D Objects. How do I get my Administrator username back? Longer Version: After doing some reading...
  10. Default permissions in folders under c:\windows\

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default permissions in folders under c:\windows\: Is there any way to audit permissions if they changed in C:\windows\ and subfolders since I installed windows 10? Windows XP had such a capability but I cannot find it in windows 10. 143848