Windows 10: Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\

Discus and support Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A Question on this site by marchaels on March 2, 2017 involved having Windows on drive C:\ and Default Data Folders Documents, Downloads, Music,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DonGallaher, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\

A Question on this site by marchaels on March 2, 2017 involved having Windows on drive C:\ and Default Data Folders Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures and Videos on a SECOND drive such as F:\

If I install a second drive, and MOVE contents from an existing C:\ drive following directions by BulldogXX replied the same day, I should have access to data in F:\Documents from Start, Documents Icon, correct.

My main question on this subject is this. If, AFTER doing the above MOVE, and I later COPIED files and folders from a THIRD hard drive, say G:\ to the F:\Documents folder, will they be recognized by going to Start, Documents?

Hopefully someone knows the answer before I go to all the physical work of testing this theory.

I have an ACER Veriton M4618G Desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 64bit ver 1909 Build 18363.778 with 4096MB Ram and 2 sata HDD's installed.

:)

DonGallaher, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Download Folders - Default C drive and Main F Data drive!

Hi,

I have a small SSD C: drive with the Windows 10 OS.

Subsequently, I have a large (2TB) Data drive for all the remaining programs and data (simplified).

However, theis gives me TWO Download folders - one for each drive.

The 'default' C drive Download folder would not be able to accommodate large files, plus
    I would prefer the large Data Drive be the default Download folder.

The question I have is how do I make the Data drive Download Folder the one and only default Download area?

I KNOW it can be done, however a couple of years later and reinstalls, etc. I can't now find the information required to do this?

Could anyone please help or send a link for achieving the above....?

Cheers

FG

Flash_Gordon_2016, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\

Download Folders - Default C drive and Main F Data drive!

Thanks - but that didn't work.

I only get the Locations tab on when picking the Downloads folder Properties
    I want to make the default.
    ...on my Data drive.

However, the C:\ drive 'Downloads' folder does NOT have the locations tab under Properties and this is the one I want to either merge with the Data Drive folder, or ensure that this is NOT the main Downloads folder....

Cheers.

Flash_Gordon_2016, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\

1. Windows 10 System on C:\ with Default Data Folders on F:\ - Similar Threads - System Default Data

2. system interrupts f

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    system interrupts f: how to fix system interrupts give me any toll that can fix the system interrupts [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-interrupts-f/c9d9bb1f-0f7b-4bec-99bb-28b3cd755912
  3. Default to C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default to C drive: I have just built a computer with its own hard drive. I start windows 10 and it seems that everything's going to OneDrive maybe?, I've been messaged about not enough room. How do I make certain that C drive is what everything is installed to?...
  4. C: and Data: issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C: and Data: issue: Hello, I bought an expensive for me gaming laptop so I could play top end games etc without any issues but I think there is something wrong with the original settings or something. The game I am playing keeps crashing due to low memory and I believe it's to do with the below....
  5. Accidentally Erased/Merged system C:\User\<Name> folder and 3D Objects\ data folder - How...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally Erased/Merged system C:\User\<Name> folder and 3D Objects\ data folder - How...: TLDR: Was moving the 3D Objects folder from SSD C:\Users\<Name> to HDD D:\Users\<Name>. Sent it back from the HDD to the SDD to fix something and now it shows as C:\Users\3D Objects. How do I get my Administrator username back? Longer Version: After doing some reading...
  6. Default permissions in folders under c:\windows\

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default permissions in folders under c:\windows\: Is there any way to audit permissions if they changed in C:\windows\ and subfolders since I installed windows 10? Windows XP had such a capability but I cannot find it in windows 10. 143848
  7. Windows 10 system default font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 system default font: The font reset does not work in control panel. How do I reset the windows 10 system font. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-system-default-font/e8529ab8-1305-4a83-8deb-4cadcadfcc7d
  8. Size of c:/Users after redirecting default folders.

in Windows 10 Support
    Size of c:/Users after redirecting default folders.: On a new laptop with a SSD drive (c:) I have redirected some of the default folders under c:/Users to a HHD (d:). Ive checked that the new folders are in the right location etc. [I created empty folders on d:, used Properties, Location, Move on the ones on c:, selected to...
  9. Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Various Folders' Default Icon Value Data in Registry Editor: Hi Guys, I hope I've posted this in the correct channel. Basically, I'm after the default icon's value data for four folders in the registry editor. I stupidly removed them without copying them down whilst customising their icons. For example, Control Panel has the...
  10. what is F System directory that suddenly appears in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    what is F System directory that suddenly appears in Windows 10: I am very limited in Windows 10. Some time ago, I just updated my Motebook from Windows 8 to 10. Today I noted that there is certain root directory label F which I don't remenber have saw before. The worst is that I tried to browse such directory and I got the message "At...