Windows 10: Windows 10 System Recovery Image Questions

Discus and support Windows 10 System Recovery Image Questions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I would like to make a system recovery image everything for my computer for a "just in case" moment, y'know? I have an external ssd or hdd or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AidanKing2, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 System Recovery Image Questions

So I would like to make a system recovery image everything for my computer for a "just in case" moment, y'know? I have an external ssd or hdd or something I dunno and it has some stuff on there and I just want to know if I use the backup tools will it erase everything on the external drive or will it just add the system image file to the drive? I'm curious because I'd rather not lose a bunch of important data.

:)

AidanKing2, Jan 15, 2021
  2. more123 Win User

How to use the stock recovery partition to create a Windows image in BIOS.

Hi guys.
    I have a laptop computer with only a recovery partition (Operating System -Win7HP- has been wiped out). My question is instead of installing a fresh copy of Windows, I was wondering if there is a way to compress or copy the factory recovery partition into an .iso image file and use a Windows recovery tool to re-image the HD with the result image. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Best regards,

more123, Jan 15, 2021
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jan 15, 2021
  4. jshoobz Win User

Windows 10 System Recovery Image Questions

System Image Recovery/WIndows 10 Recovery Disk

Awesome! Thank you for the quick response. I just have a quick follow up question. Will creating a bootable Windows OS recovery disk on the same external HDD as my System Image Recovery interfere at all with accessing the System Image while attempting to
    install it onto the new SSD? And is it even necessary to even use a Recovery Disc if I am recovering from a System Image?

I just logged in to Microsoft.com and saw that my laptop is indeed listed under devices.

jshoobz, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 System Recovery Image Questions

1. Windows 10 System Recovery Image Questions - Similar Threads - System Recovery Image

2. System image recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System image recovery: I'm about to get a new computer and I was wondering: Since I procured my Windows 10 via the free upgrade, will I need to buy a retail version of Windows 10 after I make a system image recovery?...
  3. Windows 10 System Image Recovery

Windows 10 System Image Recovery: Does anyone have a solution for recovering Windows 10 via a system image that works? I have tried using; a USB, network location, placing the image on the root of a new hard drive. All from the advanced startup and from the backup / restore within a clean install of Windows...
  4. System Image Recovery

System Image Recovery: Can I use a SYSTEM IMAGE RECOVERY to transfer my files to anew PC trough an external drive? If on my existing pc i have 2 disks C: and D: and the new one will also have 2 disks will the system install the image on the new PC like they were on the old PC? C: to C: amd D:ti...
  5. system image recovery

system image recovery: I can't long into my Desktop-HTLT8V4 it needs recovery key and the sign I got was - to retrieve this key , go tohttp://windows.microsoft.com/recoverykeyfaq from another PC or mobile device .in case you need it the key ID is D48B8C0E...
  6. System image recovery

System image recovery: I had backed up a system image on March 2, put an old Windows 7 one I had on my Netbook before it broke (my desktop was originally a Windows 7 btw). On March 30, I tried to restore the system image I saved earlier in the month, but I ended up getting a system image I saved...
  7. System Image question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image question: I want to make a system image, but to get to the option to make one I have to go into Backup and Restore (Windows 7). My Previous OS was Win7 but I deleted the .old folder left behind, will there be any issues if I make the image here regardless if it says windows 7 or...
  8. System Image Recovery

System Image Recovery: Hi All, I'm switching to SSD and I created a system image on the drive already. I tried going to system image recovery to boot using it, however when I click it, the screen goes blank. I'm pretty sure it's not a time thing, I gave it 8 hours. I'm pretty sure this is my...
  9. System Image Question

System Image Question: When I go make a system image in Windows 10 and I am at the window "Which drives do you want to include in the backup" I see that EFI System is selected, OS (C) (System) is selected and also WINRETOOLS (system) is selected. There is also a RECOVERY (l) but it is NOT selected....
  10. windows 10 system image recovery

windows 10 system image recovery: when I want to use the win10 system image recovery that Ihad made... i have this problem.... after going to setting...,going to restore...,going to advance... and the going to use.. use a system image recovery, the computer goes to the page that i have to select the...