Windows 10: Windows 10 - System restoration is taking too long.

Discus and support Windows 10 - System restoration is taking too long. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was trying to fix the problem that the Windows 10 has agaisnt Ps4 controllers on DS4Windows. One of the fixes for this problem was to unnistall some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/deyvidbr1010, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - System restoration is taking too long.

I was trying to fix the problem that the Windows 10 has agaisnt Ps4 controllers on DS4Windows.

One of the fixes for this problem was to unnistall some updates on Windows that may be interfering with DS4.

I tried and unnistalled an update but when i booted my laptop again it installed without my permission.

I researched this and came up with a solution. However, because of the several restarts trying to fix this, an error message appeared when I went to uninstall the update.

Restoring Windows to a previous point a few hour back to be more precisely. I started the restoration process at 3AM of 30th April of 2020 and I don't know if the process is supposed to take that long.

And in the screen of my Laptop the following sentence appears Wait while Windows settings and files are restored. System restore is restoring the registry.

Any help? I dont know if the System froze but i can still move the mouse around.

submitted by /u/deyvidbr1010
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/deyvidbr1010, Apr 30, 2020
  2. raúl997 Win User

System Restore taking too long..

Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention.

I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to restore my computer back so I didn't
    think it would take this long.

Did my computer freeze? The loading animation is still going and it says "Pease wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored. System Restore is restoring the registry.. ".

Thank you for the help.

raúl997, Apr 30, 2020
  3. System Restore taking too long..

Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention.

I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to restore my computer back so I didn't
    think it would take this long.

Did my computer freeze? The loading animation is still going and it says "Pease wait while your Windows files and settings are being restored. System Restore is restoring the registry..
    ".

Thank you for the help.
    Windows 10 - System restoration is taking too long. [​IMG]

JonathanPoston, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - System restoration is taking too long.

How long should a preparation for system restore take?

Hi everyone! I'm attempting to restore Windows 10 to an earlier date in an attempt to fix the drivers for my wireless network adapter. However, when I get the winodw telling me "Preparing to restore your system...", it's been there for about twenty minutes.
    Online, no one's complained about this, only that the initialization itself is taking too long to not be concerning. How long did it take for all of you for the restoration to actually begin?

Tyler Simpson, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - System restoration is taking too long.

1. Windows 10 - System restoration is taking too long. - Similar Threads - System restoration taking

2. Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring windows are taking too long and I'm worried!: I have read that restoring the windows only takes a couple of minutes or hours. However, mine is already days have passed since I restore it. I know that the restoring process got stuck and I'm aware as well that my computer has a lot of files on it. I would like to ask for...
  3. Windows 10 taking WAY TOO LONG TO RESTORE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 taking WAY TOO LONG TO RESTORE.: Recently at about 4:00 PM today I went to restore my windows 10 laptop and its been going for so long now. posted at almost 11:00 PM currently at 54 percent and im going up 1 percent every 8 minutes or so. I have to go to bed and I dont want to wake up in the middle of the...
  4. Windows 10 taking WAY TOO LONG TO RESTORE.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking WAY TOO LONG TO RESTORE.: Recently at about 4:00 PM today I went to restore my windows 10 laptop and its been going for so long now. posted at almost 11:00 PM currently at 54 percent and im going up 1 percent every 8 minutes or so. I have to go to bed and I dont want to wake up in the middle of the...
  5. Windows 10 taking WAY TOO LONG TO RESTORE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point3 hours agoand used it to...
  7. System Restore taking far too long

System Restore taking far too long: I started a system restore today and it's been restoring for about 3 hours now, which is obviously taking far too long. I don't really know what to do. Please reply ASAP! Thank you Regards, Jui-Chen...
  8. system restoring point taking too long

system restoring point taking too long: It’s been almost 8 hours and its still stuck at “please wait while your windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is restoring the registry...”...
  9. System restore taking too long?

System restore taking too long?: I'm trying to restore my laptop to my restore point on Oct 9. It has been three hours and I'm unsure if there is something wrong. Any advice would be appreciated....
  10. System Restore taking too long..

System Restore taking too long..: Hello everyone and thank you for your time/attention. I have a question regarding system restore.. how long does it usually take? because mines have been restoring for about 2 hours now.. This is odd to me because I recently made a restore point(3 hours ago)and used it to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how long does it take to do a system restore