Windows 10: Windows 10 System Restore AND Windows Backup won't work at all

Discus and support Windows 10 System Restore AND Windows Backup won't work at all in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; After the LONG reluctance in getting Windows 10 from 7, I now find myself regretting my choice..I used Win7 for 8 YEARS with ZERO issues with Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by MarkSteel, Apr 3, 2019.

1. MarkSteel Win User

Windows 10 System Restore AND Windows Backup won't work at all

After the LONG reluctance in getting Windows 10 from 7, I now find myself regretting my choice..I used Win7 for 8 YEARS with ZERO issues with Windows Backup and Restore and Backup. I just installed Windows 10 a week ago and spent the past days reinstalling and re-configuring everything.

So after 15 hours of Googling I try to get help on this. Suddenly, yesterday, all my restore points were deleted after I tried to create one. No, it hasn't been 90 days since I had them, they just suddenly all got deleted. I can't even create one with it instantly deleting it self.

I've gone through at least 20 guides I can't even remember what anymore. Mainly checking services, disabling 3rd party startup apps, wiping the System Volume Information folder, running chkdisk (zero errors found), running sfc /scannow (zero errors found), deleting registry entries (restored them after) etc. I also when through Capn Jack Sparrows guide for Win7 on this forum out of desperate. Nothing worked though..

My prime suspects are the Winaero Tweaker or Windows Ultimate Tweaker (which I used on 7 in the past with no issues), because after I started using them everything seemed to stopped working. I don't know though, I only disabled anti privacy things, ads, and Cortana.

System Restore takes a good 2 minutes to even load up anymore, when before it was instant in Win7. I am honestly incredible frustrated and I would like to avoid having to 100% reinstall Windows 10 again if someone could help I'd be very happy..

Anyways, these are the errors:

Windows 10 System Restore AND Windows Backup won't work at all [​IMG]

I have several errors in the event viewer as well. I went through. I can provide any info as needed. I have little hope left for Win10 ..heh.

:)

MarkSteel, Apr 3, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Jetster Win User

windows 10 worth the upgrade?

I just tested Windows image back up in windows 10. They put the system imaging back into Windows after taking it out in Windows 8. Last month after I did a clean install I made an Image.
    Its a little hidden. After creating an image. To restore:
    Settings/update and security/recovery/restart now/advance/use image

It literally took 10 minutes to restore my system

To make an Image just use Backup and restore in the control panel it says (Windows 7)

Jetster, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 System Restore AND Windows Backup won't work at all - Similar Threads - System Restore Backup

2. System restore not working at all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore not working at all: All along these many years, the one thing that has saved my behind more on my computers was system restore. I've always known that that was a very important accessory. Well, the past few system restores that I have attempted to do have not completed at all. I have tried many...
  3. System restore not working at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore not working at all: All along these many years, the one thing that has saved my behind more on my computers was system restore. I've always known that that was a very important accessory. Well, the past few system restores that I have attempted to do have not completed at all. I have tried many...
  4. System restore not working at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restore Windows 10 backup from another system

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore Windows 10 backup from another system: Hello, We just had a drive fail on a system and want to restore previously backed up files from our NAS. However, after installing Windows on the new drive, the system has a new name, so the NAS backups do not show. How can we get around this issue? Thanks! 173951
  6. Windows 10 Backup And Restore

Windows 10 Backup And Restore: Dear Sir I am using Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.610 and facing problem for windows system image backup and restore utility which failed to create system image backup and popup Error Message Device was not Ready followed By Error OX 80070015 .I have tried it with...
  7. My System Restore won't work properly. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My System Restore won't work properly. Windows 10: I've just had major problems caused by One-Drive. Full details are in my thread here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/new-one-drive-synching-process-has-put-hundreds-of/aaaa567f-bcf4-41f6-a976-246de71ad7bc?page=2 I've made some headway removing the...
  8. Backup and Restore - Windows 10

Backup and Restore - Windows 10: I am attempting to set up a back up schedule for my new Windows 10 system. Do I really want to use the Windows 7 Backup and Restore that my pc keeps going to?...
  9. Windows 10 Backup and Restore

Windows 10 Backup and Restore: When I go to Windows 10 backup and restore page on my HP Notebook why does it show Backup and restore Windows 7 When I have Windows 10.Windows 10 was already preinstalled on this laptop when I bought it ?...
  10. windows 10 backup & restore

windows 10 backup & restore: Hello, I am trying to delete a windows backup image off of my PC that my brother made of his PC through windows backup feature. I can locate the file in file explorer, however, when I right click on the file and select delete I get the message "the file is in use by system"...