Windows 10: Windows 10 System Restore does not recognize my account password.

Discus and support Windows 10 System Restore does not recognize my account password. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 System Restore does not recognize my account password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by richardryals, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 System Restore does not recognize my account password.

Windows 10 System Restore does not recognize my account password.

:)

richardryals, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Bastet Win User

System Image Restore Is Not Recognizing My Password

Although I do have 2-step verification I don't think it was the problem as I have been able to do a system restore in the past with it enabled. I also tried logging into my account on the pc with the password & that failed too. I was certainly careful in entering the password. After changing the password all was fine so I don't know whether something got messed up with the original password change or what else may have caused it.

Bastet, Sep 24, 2019
  3. kebabs35 Win User
    Changed microsoft account password but system restore only recognizes old password in windows 10

I have windows 10 on my computer which you now need your password to use system restore. I have just changed my microsoft account password as i suspected that someone has been using system restore without my permission which is causing problems with a
    security programme im using so it doesn't work properly. After changing the password my computer asked me to log in with the new password and i also changed it for my email. The only issue is that i checked to see if the new password worked in system restore
    but it says that it doesn't recognize it but i can still use my old password which obviously i dont want to use. Everything else seems to work ok with the new password. Can anyone help with this.

kebabs35, Sep 24, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 System Restore does not recognize my account password. - Similar Threads - System Restore does

2. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  3. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  4. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 System restore- password issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System restore- password issue: SYSTEM RESTORE LOCKS ME OUT;Currently on holiday and following a system restore laptop doesnt boot properly. At screen where p\word requested after entering my MS acct e mail, I can't recall p\word as only use PIN, and don't have back up paperCopy with me Why isn't PIN option...
  6. Windows 10 SafeMode does not recognize my current password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 SafeMode does not recognize my current password: I have not been able to boot my computer into safemode because it does not recognize my current Microsoft account password. I double checked that I have the correct current password by signing into my account online. I do not know what my original password was when I first...
  7. Windows does not recognize password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows does not recognize password: Dell Inspirion 1550 Windows 10-64. Attempting to restart in safe mode and windows asking for a password. Have used present and all past passwords, none are recoginized. Unable to connect to network until logon so changing password on line does not work....
  8. System Restore Password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Password: I bought this laptop thru eBay. The seller got the password from the previous owner & gave it to me. I'm trying to do a system restore back to a previous point and it's asking for a password. I'm using this password he gave me & it says wrong password. What do I do now?...
  9. Windows 10, does not recognize my password!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, does not recognize my password!: Hi all! I only want to share my findings with you. I had the same problem. My computer was extremely slow. So i decided to go through my startup settings. I went to MSCONFIG, and chose to reboot the computer with selected startup process option. That was when I noticed...
  10. System Image Restore Is Not Recognizing My Password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Restore Is Not Recognizing My Password: This one has me puzzled and any help will be appreciated. The problem is System Image Restore does not recognize my Windows password. When I try to do a System Image Restore and enter my password, the message says the password is incorrect. It's the same password that I use...