Windows 10: Windows 10 System Restore For Downloads Within Downloads Folder

Discus and support Windows 10 System Restore For Downloads Within Downloads Folder in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran a Disk Cleanup and it deleted ALL the files within the Downloads folder. If I do a System Restore, will that recover all the files previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dubstir, Apr 8, 2019.

1. dubstir Win User

Windows 10 System Restore For Downloads Within Downloads Folder

I ran a Disk Cleanup and it deleted ALL the files within the Downloads folder. If I do a System Restore, will that recover all the files previously deleted by Disk Cleanup? I just need the files that were within the Downloads folder. If this will not work, what is the best solution for a third-party app? Thanks!

:)

dubstir, Apr 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Apr 8, 2019
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 System Restore For Downloads Within Downloads Folder

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 System Restore For Downloads Within Downloads Folder

1. Windows 10 System Restore For Downloads Within Downloads Folder - Similar Threads - System Restore Downloads

2. How to restore DOWNLOADS folder on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore DOWNLOADS folder on Windows 11?: I deleted my Downloads folder by accident. Is there any way to get it back? The computer now created a random folder and is using it as a download folder. But is there any way to get the old one back with its files? Thanks,...
  3. How to restore DOWNLOADS folder on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore DOWNLOADS folder on Windows 11?: I deleted my Downloads folder by accident. Is there any way to get it back? The computer now created a random folder and is using it as a download folder. But is there any way to get the old one back with its files? Thanks,...
  4. Merged Downloads and Documents system folders.

Merged Downloads and Documents system folders.: I was trying to clear up some space on my SSD C: and move my Documents, Pictures, Videos and Downloads system folders to my HDD D:.First of all I moved the documents folder loosely to my D drive Properties > Location > Move > HDD > Apply. It worked, but I didn't want the...
  5. "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it: Hi, I NEVER use the Downloads folder within Documents. Whenever I delete it, about a day or so later it magically reappears no files in it and I need to delete it again. My default download location in Edge is the desktop so I'm unsure why Windows feels the need to recreate...
  6. "Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it

"Downloads" folder within Documents - can't delete it: Hi, I NEVER use the Downloads folder within Documents. Whenever I delete it, about a day or so later it magically reappears no files in it and I need to delete it again. My default download location in Edge is the desktop so I'm unsure why Windows feels the need to recreate...
  7. Restore Downloads folder name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Downloads folder name: While I was trying to relocate my User folders to a separate drive I messed up and pointed my "Downloads" folder and "Music" folder to the same place. Now I have two "Music" folder links and they both point to the same place. Every time I select "Restore Default" for the...
  8. Windows 10 - Downloads Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Downloads Folder: Hello, I just updated to Windows 10 Pro today and I wanted to change the Downloads folder from my C drive SSD to F drive HDD. I have done a couple of things to alleviate this. 1. I changed Google Chrome's default download folder to F Drive Downloads. 2. I went into...
  9. Restore/Download SystemApps folder contents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore/Download SystemApps folder contents: So i recently reset my computer about a month or so ago. And part of my setup/configuration i deleted some of the system apps like cortana and edge... Uknowingly i think i deleted some of the wrong folders... because now none of the windows apps like Paint 3D or the...
  10. Change or Restore Downloads Folder Icon in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change or Restore Downloads Folder Icon in Windows: How to: Change or Restore Downloads Folder Icon in Windows How to Change or Restore Downloads Folder Icon in Windows By default, your personal Downloads folder is located in your account's %UserProfile% (ex: "C:\Users\Brink") folder. This tutorial will show you how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folders stored within other folders are caller