Windows 10: Windows 10 System restore- password issue

Discus and support Windows 10 System restore- password issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; SYSTEM RESTORE LOCKS ME OUT;Currently on holiday and following a system restore laptop doesnt boot properly. At screen where p\word requested after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeraldJ, May 21, 2022.

1. GeraldJ Win User

Windows 10 System restore- password issue

SYSTEM RESTORE LOCKS ME OUT;Currently on holiday and following a system restore laptop doesnt boot properly. At screen where p\word requested after entering my MS acct e mail, I can't recall p\word as only use PIN, and don't have back up paperCopy with me Why isn't PIN option there?Tried entering PIN with no joy- this number definitely correct.Reset my MS acct p\word via an Android tablet hoping that would crack it, but laptop obviously not seeing newPW yet, and presumably needs old one.ANY suggestions valued.Error on boot up, whilst device has tried multiple diagnostic\repair cycles, bo

:)

GeraldJ, May 21, 2022

2. Windows 10 system restore issues

It has been a known issue with OOB setup if an OEM installation is done. As OEM bloatware doesnt allow to complete the OOB setup.
    Disable secure boot if that fixes your problem.. If no go try these steps.

1. Either boot from a windows DVD or windows 10 USB..
    If you dont have any of those... Try to crash the computer by powering off as soon as it starts loading windows (moving dots) 3 times..
    2. If you are crashing you system jump to step 4
    3.. Choose repair your computer if you are booting from a DVD...
    4. Troubleshoot>> Advanced Options... and choose startup repair. If not resolved
    5. Same steps and choose > System restore.. If you face the same issue after a system restore.
    5. Try to reset without Losing files.. It will delete all the programs though.

manish9009, May 21, 2022
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, May 21, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 System restore- password issue - Similar Threads - System restore password

2. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  3. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password with system restore: I’m trying to use the restore point and everytime I click on the button, it asks which account I’m gonna use, and then the passsword. I first thought it was computer password. But it isn’t. Then I tried my Microsoft account, then Google. But I can’t seem to log in. It’s not...
  4. Password with system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 System restore- password issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System restore- password issue: SYSTEM RESTORE LOCKS ME OUT;Currently on holiday and following a system restore laptop doesnt boot properly. At screen where p\word requested after entering my MS acct e mail, I can't recall p\word as only use PIN, and don't have back up paperCopy with me Why isn't PIN option...
  6. Windows 10 System restore- password issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 System restore- password issue: SYSTEM RESTORE LOCKS ME OUT;Currently on holiday and following a system restore laptop doesnt boot properly. At screen where p\word requested after entering my MS acct e mail, I can't recall p\word as only use PIN, and don't have back up paperCopy with me Why isn't PIN option...
  7. Windows 10 System Restore not accepting password

Windows 10 System Restore not accepting password: Hi, I updated my PC a month ago and have since not been able to get in. I boot up, and I get an error code/blue screen. I use automatic repair, and it doesn’t fix the issue. I get to the recovery screen to use system restore and I type the correct password in my account is...
  8. System Restore Password Issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Password Issue: Hi Folks, I wonder if someone could shed some light on a System Restore problem I am having, when I try to a restore it goes to my username and asks for a password, I have tried putting in my MS account password and my Windows logon pin but get know joy. I have never setup a...
  9. System Restore Password

System Restore Password: I bought this laptop thru eBay. The seller got the password from the previous owner & gave it to me. I'm trying to do a system restore back to a previous point and it's asking for a password. I'm using this password he gave me & it says wrong password. What do I do now?...
  10. Windows 10 system restore issues

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 system restore issues: I've recently system restored my pc, but am experiencing difficulties in setting everything back up. I am asked for my location, timezone, whether I want express settings etc. However once I complete these steps my pc will load as if to proceed, reset and then ask for the...