Windows 10: Windows 10 System Restore USB flash drive problem

Discus and support Windows 10 System Restore USB flash drive problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In setting up a refurbished Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit Lenovo T420 laptop for a friend, after activating the pre-installed OS, doing the updates, cleaning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Heraclitio, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 System Restore USB flash drive problem

In setting up a refurbished Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit Lenovo T420 laptop for a friend, after activating the pre-installed OS, doing the updates, cleaning out the bloatware etc, I made a Recovery Drive on a USB key which turned out to be a life-saver. I won't go into it here since I think the problem has been resolved, but it seems that the user password, which had been chosen with characters which would be the same whether you used an English language (U.S.) keyboard or French language keyboard, was being scrambled by inconsistencies between the Windows settings for Region (Canada), keyboard layout (Canadian Multilingual Standard) and choice of language packs (French (France)).

Despite this, later on in the process I was not thinking too clearly and made the mistake of trying to create a "new" Recovery Drive on the same USB key which already had a perfectly good one. So my question: since that USB key is now presumably unusable and the 15MB in the Windows Recovery Tools D: drive may be of questionable value - is it possible to get a new USB key and make another Recovery Drive? If that's possible, would you need to delete the contents of the D: drive first? I have since then also created a bootable Windows 10 DVD with MS Media Creation Tool, although I haven't had a chance to test it yet. However, given time constraints, I'd prefer not having to do a clean install, if that's possible.

Not having a lot of background in this area, I appreciate any help that's available.

Thanks

:)

Heraclitio, Jan 16, 2019

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 16, 2019
  4. regism Win User

Windows 10 System Restore USB flash drive problem

How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Thanks Maria:

I made a system image on a USB flash drive using the tools available in Windows 10. I want to make this image bootable so that I can reinstall it on my computer from the same USB flash drive. Can I do this using the method you have suggested?

If not, can you or anyone else tell me how to do this?

Thanks again,

Regis

regism, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 System Restore USB flash drive problem

1. Windows 10 System Restore USB flash drive problem - Similar Threads - System Restore USB

2. Windows 10, USB Flash Drive Problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10, USB Flash Drive Problem.: Hello, I need help. I have the problem shown in the pictures. I can't use the USB flash drive also tried plugging in another port but same problem. I have used another USB flash drive but still have the same problem. DVD and CD have the same problem.Thank you for your...
  3. Windows 10, USB Flash Drive Problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, USB Flash Drive Problem.: Hello, I need help. I have the problem shown in the pictures. I can't use the USB flash drive also tried plugging in another port but same problem. I have used another USB flash drive but still have the same problem. DVD and CD have the same problem.Thank you for your...
  4. Windows 10, USB Flash Drive Problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. problem with usb flash drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with usb flash drives: Hello, it's been since this morning that I've been experiencing this problem with my pc. After taking a USB stick from a friend to get some files, I started to notice a strange behavior from the pc. Every time I insert a USB stick, two things happen: first, the device window...
  6. problem with usb flash drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with usb flash drives: Hello, it's been since this morning that I've been experiencing this problem with my pc. After taking a USB stick from a friend to get some files, I started to notice a strange behavior from the pc. Every time I insert a USB stick, two things happen: first, the device window...
  7. USB Flash Drive Problem... or ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash Drive Problem... or ?: I picked up a Hama brand 128Gb USB2 drive a couple of weeks ago from a reputable component supplier. The drive was retail packaged and I have no doubts over its authenticity. When used on my Dell i5 laptop running W10 insider builds I find the drive freezes when transferring...
  8. USB Flash Drive Problem

USB Flash Drive Problem: Hey guys, So, I have this 8 GB USB Flash Drive which is completely empty, no hidden files/folders, nothing. But it says that around 1 GB is used - Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Why is that? Can I free up that memory? Not that it's very important, but I...
  9. USB flash drive problem

USB flash drive problem: I purchased a flash drive to use as ReadyBoost, and I had it set and know it was working. I removed and when I plugged it back in, went to Properties/ReadyBoost tab it shows the error message attached. The hub I an using is 2.0 so I don't know what this means. [img] 103195
  10. USB flash drives not recognized nor will a System restore point restor

USB flash drives not recognized nor will a System restore point restor: My OS: Windows 10 Home I believe that it all started with the installment of a possibly dodgy security suite "Akick". I had just done a fresh windows install a few days before it running only the built in Microsoft Security before it. I felt something was not right about...