Windows 10: Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting.

Discus and support Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently changed my laptop's language from Traditional Chinese to English (US). Everything is fine despite the System settings itself still in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chun-HungLiu, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting.

Hi,

I recently changed my laptop's language from Traditional Chinese to English (US). Everything is fine despite the System settings itself still in old language (Chinese). Has anyone confronted this situation so far?

System information

Version: 1909 (18363.476)

[File explorer]

Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting. 78a518f1-c0f8-40fc-a8f2-6a6a75415fdb?upload=true.png

[System settings]

Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting. ad58598a-72e8-4a0a-bc23-70ef387ed069?upload=true.png

:)

Chun-HungLiu, Nov 24, 2019

2. system language settings

Hi,

You can customize which language to use on your Windows 10 computer. You can change the system language to your whole Windows 10 settings by following the steps provided below:

• Press the Windows key + I on your keyboard.
    • Choose Time and Language.
    • On the left pane, select Region & language.

Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting. f4db2739-a239-4400-96d4-286a82522d62.png

• Under Languages, choose your preferred Language (English), and then select
      Options.

Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting. e1bb21b5-3a9d-4610-8ec9-3fbf1388beb1.png

• Click Download to download the language pack and keyboard for the language.

Once you're done with downloading the language pack, click the language and then select
    Set as default.

Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting. 7414dc39-5318-4069-bd9b-f452346194bf.png

To apply the language on all the settings on your computer, you follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Control Panel.
    • Choose Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Select Region.
    • Click Administrative tab.

Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting. 3b5f0df9-aef1-4640-90db-6b4a0a2db21a.png

• Select Copy settings.
    • Under Copy your current settings to:, place a check mark on
      Welcome screen and system accounts
      and New user accounts option. Click
      OK.

Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting. cb6188aa-9960-4093-94a3-d1282643d91d.png

• Restart your computer to apply the changes.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 24, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting.

Language setting in Windows 10

Hi Linda,

In Windows 10 you have to download different languages like Spanish French etc. and add to keyboard. Every time you want to change language you can use the short cur
    Windows key + Space bar.

Follow the steps below to download language in Windows 10.

• Click on Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and language; Click on Region and Language.
    • Under Language click on Add language.
    • Choose the language from the list and click on it.

Refer the step to setup Keyboard for language.

• Click on Language and tap/click on Options.
    • Click on Add a Keyboard.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting.

1. Windows 10 system settings language preserves old setting. - Similar Threads - system settings language

2. Language Setting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language Setting in Windows 10: I use two different Language methods in Windows 10. EnglishPrimary and German Although I have set English as my system language when I open the start menu I see the following highlighted elements in German.Also there are some menus which show its items in German. Which...
  3. Language setting

Language setting: Hi, I have set my primal language as Englisn UK and second language for Japanese. However, whenever I have any pop up windows, everything seems to be in Japanese. I have tried all the language settings suggested for other people with similar problems but it still displays...
  4. language setting.

language setting.: Hi, I have a question. My preferred language setting is English United Kingdom, but when I check spelling and grammar the setting change to English United States. How do I stop this from happening?...
  5. Language settings in Windows 10

Language settings in Windows 10: Ok so I got this weird problem with my language setting it is set that I have only 2 languages .. Arabic and English ! Surprisingly When I click alt-shift I got 4 languages ... French,2Arabic And English ... I have to swap between em all over! I went to keyboard and language...
  6. Language settings

Language settings: Hi, I purchased a laptop in german and the laanguage was changed to english.Recently,i updated my windows to Windows 10 and the language changed back to german. I tried all possible ways to change the language to english but in vain. I also do not find options like 'set as...
  7. Windows Photos App language not changing as per set system set language (using Windows -10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos App language not changing as per set system set language (using Windows -10...: Hello Team, I am facing big challenge with Windows Photos App. Upon changing system language (Location & display language settings) to Germany and restarted my machine though my windows Photos App not reflecting to German, still displaying in English. this issue not only in...
  8. Windows Language Settings

Windows Language Settings: I cannot seem to install nor alter the settings for english (uk) and english (us). Consequently, I cannot even change the current windows language from one of them to the other....
  9. preserving settings between build updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    preserving settings between build updates: It seems when updating online between builds, settings are lost, registry tweaks etc. Is there a workaround for this? 8674
  10. Shortcut properties - setting and preserving

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut properties - setting and preserving: I am working with a fresh W10 install. I am used to W7. One old (x86) application I run requires that I configure the Start in setting for the shortcut that launches it. The shortcut that was placed on the desktop did not let me change that. The shortcut in the New list...