Windows 10: Windows 10 System sound getting muted by itself.

Discus and support Windows 10 System sound getting muted by itself. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are many similar posts about this; but none of those did help at all with the issue.I sometimes switch between different sound outputs, and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Davoda1, May 15, 2021.

1. Davoda1 Win User

Windows 10 System sound getting muted by itself.

There are many similar posts about this; but none of those did help at all with the issue.I sometimes switch between different sound outputs, and when I do that the system's audio sets itself to muted. But without doing it it still randomly happens.It never happens to any other program and if possible, it would be nice to fix it.What I know is that:- not driver error- not because I don't have an update- not hardware error

:)

Davoda1, May 15, 2021
  2. llinfeng Win User

Windows 10 Volume Mixer fails to keep System Sounds muted over Remote Desktop Connection

The problem:

after having muted the System Sounds on the remote desktop machine, it shall unmute itself after several seconds. This pattern is persistent.

The physical setting:

I use my laptop at work, and use Remote Desktop Connection to access my desktop machine left in my apartment.

The software setting:

I have enabled Remote audio through the Remote Desktop Connection, and chose Remote audio playback --> Play on this computer. Thus, I get audio streaming on my laptop at work.

My attempt:

I have tried to find a way to mute System Volumes through a shortcut, and the following pages appears to be helpful:

1. HowToGeek suggested to create a shortcut with the following executable command:

“C:\Path\To\nircmd.exe” mutesysvolume 2
    2. The same source also points me to the shortcut for opening the Volume Mixer. %SystemRoot%\System32\SndVol.exe. Yet, I failed to find a stable way to mute System Sounds through AutoHotKey.

The problem for the suggested approach is that, on Windows 10, nircmd.exe no longer take the option "mutesysvolume 2" as designed. Instead of toggling the System Volumes, it is toggling the Device Volume. This is different from what the specs have suggested: NirCmd - Windows command line tool

llinfeng, May 15, 2021
  3. NH11111 Win User
    Windows 10 System Sound is on mute but it still plays

I keep my system sounds mute so I don't get disturbed. Since last update, even though my volume mixer System Sounds are set to mute (and set to 0), every time I adjust the volume, I hear the System Sound chime.

When I open Settings>Sound>Advanced Sound Options, it shows System Sounds muted. While that window is open, it stays muted. As soon as I close it and try to adjust volume, system sounds reappear.

I updated the driver manually again and restarted, no change. Any help is appreciated!

NH11111, May 15, 2021
  4. Windows 10 System sound getting muted by itself.

Windows 10 sound muted

Hi David,

I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

If the issue persists, then try to uninstall and re-install the audio driver.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then
      right-click on it to Uninstall.
    • Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.
    • To re-install, either you can restart the system or install the driver from the manufacturer’s website
      (recommended as they will have updated drivers).
    For reference:

Try all the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 System sound getting muted by itself.

1. Windows 10 System sound getting muted by itself. - Similar Threads - System sound getting

2. Sound on system mutes itself after 20 seconds of non-sound activity on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound on system mutes itself after 20 seconds of non-sound activity on computer: I have had PC's since Windows 98 has been out. I have actively been a member of an online karaoke community since Windows XP was out, where your sound settings needed to be set up a specific way to sing live in a chat room, so I know my way around sound settings. But for the...
  3. Sound on system mutes itself after 20 seconds of non-sound activity on computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound on system mutes itself after 20 seconds of non-sound activity on computer: I have had PC's since Windows 98 has been out. I have actively been a member of an online karaoke community since Windows XP was out, where your sound settings needed to be set up a specific way to sing live in a chat room, so I know my way around sound settings. But for the...
  4. Windows 10 System Sound is on mute but it still plays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 System Sound is on mute but it still plays: I keep my system sounds mute so I don't get disturbed. Since last update, even though my volume mixer System Sounds are set to mute and set to 0, every time I adjust the volume, I hear the System Sound chime. When I open Settings>Sound>Advanced Sound Options, it shows...
  5. Windows 10 sound stuck on mute

Windows 10 sound stuck on mute: Dear Microsoft, Yesterday my laptop became stuck on mute. Restarting the computer did not work. This problem occurred right after forcing the computer off several times by holding the power button, because I had no other way to restart it for a specific unrelated hardware...
  6. My notebook PC keeps getting muted by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My notebook PC keeps getting muted by itself: I've tried every solution on the internet but my laptop's audio keeps on getting muted on its own. I don't know what went wrong but the last thing I did before all this started was updating my Windows 10. I don't know if it is because of Windows update which I did the...
  7. Audio muting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio muting itself: Does anyone know what might cause the audio to mute itself . Ive seen the behavior on a couple of different machines now, mainly HP Probook laptops. It seems to happen most often during Zoom meetings while talking the microphone and speakers randomly mute. Ive tried the...
  8. mute the sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    mute the sound: Previously I would click on the speaker in the task bar and be able to mute or unmute the sound. This is no longer working and I can't seem to change it in the settings. Any advice...
  9. microphone mutes itself

microphone mutes itself: When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans....
  10. Microphone Mutes Itself

Microphone Mutes Itself: There is a new Dell laptop with Win10 and Skype installed. I do not always have access to it - trying to fix it for someone who keeps it at their house - I get access to it occasionally. Problem: The microphone keeps muting itself. Reset it and it's OK for a while, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 system sounds keep muting

2. automatically mute system sounds windows 10