Windows 10: windows 10 System Startup record corruption

Discus and support windows 10 System Startup record corruption in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The last time I used my desktop pc the system hung during what I think was probably a system update in background. I couldn't get to the task manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LutherWelch, Jan 10, 2020.

1. windows 10 System Startup record corruption

The last time I used my desktop pc the system hung during what I think was probably a system update in background. I couldn't get to the task manager to close it down and had to manually power it down. When I rebooted it the System Startup record appears to have been damaged. None of the Windows recovery options will work including the system recovery. I am looking for options that won't destroy my data and backup files on the system.

:)

LutherWelch, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2020
  4. weybrew Win User

windows 10 System Startup record corruption

weybrew, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 System Startup record corruption

1. windows 10 System Startup record corruption - Similar Threads - System Startup record

2. Windows 10 Startup Sound Corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Startup Sound Corrupted: Hi, I have a problem where the startup sound is corrupted and it doesn't turn on. Instead it just shows the option in grey color. It plays a weird sound like 3 really fast taps. I installed RevisionOS on Windows. I have Windows 10 pro on a decade old laptop with Intel...
  3. Windows 10 Startup Sound Corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Startup Sound Corrupted: Hi, I have a problem where the startup sound is corrupted and it doesn't turn on. Instead it just shows the option in grey color. It plays a weird sound like 3 really fast taps. I installed RevisionOS on Windows. I have Windows 10 pro on a decade old laptop with Intel...
  4. Windows 10 Startup Sound Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Critical System Corruption Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical System Corruption Windows 10: I’ve been getting many other BSODs like IRQL is not less or equal and unexpected kernels but I don’t know how to figure out what’s causing them. This is a new one so just got today and was wondering if I anyone could help me figure it out.Not really sure about the parts but...
  6. Critical System Corruption Windows 10

Critical System Corruption Windows 10: I’ve been getting many other BSODs like IRQL is not less or equal and unexpected kernels but I don’t know how to figure out what’s causing them. This is a new one so just got today and was wondering if I anyone could help me figure it out.Not really sure about the parts but...
  7. Attribute record 80, "" Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attribute record 80, "" Corrupt: I've been having an issue with my C drive lately where I have to continually restart and repair. I don't think my drive is actually getting repaired because it just restarts my PC normally. I ran chkdsk c: to see the specific issue and it says: Stage 1: Examining basic file...
  8. Attribute record 80, "" Corrupt

Attribute record 80, "" Corrupt: I've been having an issue with my C drive lately where I have to continually restart and repair. I don't think my drive is actually getting repaired because it just restarts my PC normally. I ran chkdsk c: to see the specific issue and it says: Stage 1: Examining basic file...
  9. Attribute record 80, "" Corrupt

10. System file is corrupted in windows 10

System file is corrupted in windows 10: After recent update my system files are corrupted I know because some of my windows function are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-file-is-corrupted-in-windows-10/c2e9b638-61d9-41f5-b292-1a81d972fb24