Windows 10: Windows 10 System Task High CPU Usage After a while (45 mins 1 hour since a restart or boot up)

Discus and support Windows 10 System Task High CPU Usage After a while (45 mins 1 hour since a restart or boot up) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, lately the System task (ntoskrnl.exe) is using 17% of my cpu (average) after 45 mins or an hour. I've looked and looked but cant find a fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jackaroo05, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Windows 10 System Task High CPU Usage After a while (45 mins 1 hour since a restart or boot up)

Hello, lately the System task (ntoskrnl.exe) is using 17% of my cpu (average) after 45 mins or an hour. I've looked and looked but cant find a fix. I've ran antivirus (malwarebytes and webroot) but nothing is showing. Any help is appreciated. My Machine is the Asus ROG GL753VE.

:)

Jackaroo05, Jul 16, 2018

2. Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 16, 2018
  3. David Haz Win User
    High CPU Usage Problem

Hello,

SvcHost.exe is a system process that hosts multiple Windows services in Windows Operating Systems. If there are multiple instances of svchost.exe in Task Manager, it could be that there are multiple third-party applications that are running in the background
    services.

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you boot your device in Safe Mode and see if you are still getting a high CPU usage. You may follow the steps here on this
    link to start your PC in Safe Mode.

Keep us updated with the results.

David Haz, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Windows 10 System Task High CPU Usage After a while (45 mins 1 hour since a restart or boot up)

High CPU usage

Hi Tusar,

The Task manager shows high CPU usage for core Windows process which can be used by other application. In order find out which applications might be using more resources through these services, I would suggest you to open 'Resource monitor' and check. In
    task manager, go to the 'Performance' tab and click on the option 'Open Resource monitor' option at the bottom. Click on the CPU tab and then select the processes which showed high CPU usage in task manager. No expand the 'Services', associated handles section
    and post us a screenshot so that we can check the details and help you accordingly.

In the meantime, I would also suggest you to boot the PC in safe mode and check if the issue persists. Refer to this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Bennet Martin, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 System Task High CPU Usage After a while (45 mins 1 hour since a restart or boot up)

1. Windows 10 System Task High CPU Usage After a while (45 mins 1 hour since a restart or boot up) - Similar Threads - System Task High

2. High cpu usage while idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High cpu usage while idle.: So for a while, I have been noticing that my CPU usage has been extremely high while idle. I have tried using commands such as DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth andsfc /scannow, and have also tried a malware scan on multiple antiviruses Avast, Malwarebytes, Windows...
  3. "system" task high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "system" task high CPU usage: Hi guys,I recently bought the GS77 stealth and so far so great. I encountered a problem tho.There is a task in task manager called "system", that utilizes a lot of the cpu and cranks up the temps and fans around 10% of cpu.I tried a safe boot and it worked, but once I booted...
  4. "system" task high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "system" task high CPU usage: Hi guys,I recently bought the GS77 stealth and so far so great. I encountered a problem tho.There is a task in task manager called "system", that utilizes a lot of the cpu and cranks up the temps and fans around 10% of cpu.I tried a safe boot and it worked, but once I booted...
  5. High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10

High CPU usage by system processes in Windows 10: I face the problem with Windows 10 pro 18363.778. CPU usage like 99% to 70% like attached photo but once i open task manger the CPU usage goes to 1 to 17 % i tried to install clean image with different hard drive and i face the same problem. Any Suggest ?? [ATTACH]...
  6. High CPU usage by "System"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU usage by "System": Hi. I am experiencing this problem - my cpu is running at high percentage and the biggest contributor to that is a "System" process in the task manager. Goes up to about 40%. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks submitted by /u/Vlatot [link] [comments]...
  7. smartscreen.exe high CPU usage running for hours

smartscreen.exe high CPU usage running for hours: Hello: I've run into this a couple times over the last several months. Windows Defender SmartScreen is running continuously for hours, and contributing to overheating my laptop when I use other CPU intensive programs (3D drawing). Reading about smartscreen.exe, it appears...
  8. After System restore high cpu usage

After System restore high cpu usage: So I recently used the "Reset this pc" option to give my pc a clean start, and to wipe the hard drives, however now whenever I try to use Microsoft edge or play games, the cpu usage is constantly at 99-100%. However I didn't have this issue prior to the reset....
  9. High CPU and Battery usage by Windows System task

High CPU and Battery usage by Windows System task: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron with an i5 processor and 8 gb Ram. Recently I swapped my HDD for a new Samsung SSD because the computer would freeze and my disk usage was perpetually at a 100%. Ever since I reinstalled windows, my laptops battery life has gone from an average...
  10. Highly cpu cores usage first boot up

Highly cpu cores usage first boot up: [IMG]hello ....can assist me to solve this cpu high usage on all cores during first booting up pc ....i had to restart it again to make it normal usage on all cpu cores....happen everytime boot from cold start up windows.....tq...