Windows 10: Windows 10 System Transfer Driver Question

Discus and support Windows 10 System Transfer Driver Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I plan to upgrade my rig's mobo and its respected ram and processor. Specifically I will be upgrading to a ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus mobo and a AMD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JDubbedN, Feb 4, 2020.

1. JDubbedN Win User

Windows 10 System Transfer Driver Question

I plan to upgrade my rig's mobo and its respected ram and processor. Specifically I will be upgrading to a ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus mobo and a AMD Ryzen 5 3600. I understand that software like EaseUS Todo Backup allow to place an OS drive from one computer to another with different hardware as long as I load in the drivers for the new system during the system transfer. This makes it easier so that I don't have to reinstall the operating system and start from scratch spending hours loading in all my software and re-personalizing it. I've never performed a System Transfer before so I wanted to reach out here to get any information on the matter that anyone would like to share. I understand it is recommended to perform a new OS install on a new system and I get that. However, if I can save hours performing a System Transfer that would make life easier.

If anyone has any experience on performing a System Transfer using a specific software or just has broad advice on the subject feel free to add your 2 cents here. From my understanding the reason why one can't just swap an OS drive from one computer to another using different hardware is because of drivers and the end result is a BSOD. But by injecting the necessary drivers for the new motherboard/chipset on the OS that was being used on one machine can be physically placed into another machine with different components.

Running Windows 10 x64 Pro 1909.

:)

JDubbedN, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Hood Win User
    Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Hood, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 System Transfer Driver Question - Similar Threads - System Transfer Driver

2. System driver questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System driver questions: Was wondering if it is normal for there to be multiple set of same drivers in the device manager, and also which drivers can affect the temperature of the laptop, which I'm using, have tried to look into this stuff yet no one seems to have any answer to this, even though...
  3. System driver questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System driver questions: Was wondering if it is normal for there to be multiple set of same drivers in the device manager, and also which drivers can affect the temperature of the laptop, which I'm using, have tried to look into this stuff yet no one seems to have any answer to this, even though...
  4. Windows 10 license transfer question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 license transfer question: Hi,I've got a question regarding Windows licensing. I currently have a Windows 10 Home OEM license on my laptop and want to upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro edition from Microsoft Store. If I get another PC, can I transfer this Pro license from my laptop to the new PC, or is it...
  5. Windows 10 license transfer question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 license transfer question: Hi,I've got a question regarding Windows licensing. I currently have a Windows 10 Home OEM license on my laptop and want to upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro edition from Microsoft Store. If I get another PC, can I transfer this Pro license from my laptop to the new PC, or is it...
  6. Windows 10 license transfer question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Another Windows transfer question

Another Windows transfer question: I am running a Licensed digital copy of Win 10 Professional on my old computer.I have installed the same Win 10 Professional on my new computer which keeps asking to Activate Windows.Both computers show up on my Windows Account. When I am on the new computer and go to my...
  8. Windows 10 Home license Transfer question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home license Transfer question: So i built my pc about a year ago and since then i've been running the free windows 10 install offered by microsoft (which includes the watermark), even now the full windows 10 fee is a hard pill to swallow but its tempting for the customization options and the removal of the...
  9. Question about Windows Driver System Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Windows Driver System Update: Hi so every few minutes my antivirus system, AVG, goes off with this message: http://prntscr.com/pv3ida I followed the folder path and it led me to this http://prntscr.com/pv3ihw Should I attempt to delete these files or make an exception in AVG? AVG's deep virus scan did...
  10. Windows 10 Home license transfer question

Windows 10 Home license transfer question: I'm planning on building a new PC and I currently run Windows 10 Home. I originally bought windows 10 for this computer a few years ago. Oddly enough I can't find the CD but I still have the sleeve with the product key on it. Can I transfer the license to the new PC or use...