Windows 10: Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar

Discus and support Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I'm having an issue where a user logs in and the icons in the system tray that would normally be hidden in the overflow container are not being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobFord3rd, May 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar

Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar 01a1df09-869f-4e7d-8fb6-9c5f94786261?upload=true.png I'm having an issue where a user logs in and the icons in the system tray that would normally be hidden in the overflow container are not being hidden. Also, the option to hide the icons is enabled but it is not hiding any of the icons in the system tray that are marked "off". The PC is running Windows 10 v1809 build 17763.437

Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar 97825a81-b4b3-4158-9129-fd7e126197c2?upload=true.png

:)

RobFord3rd, May 7, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, May 7, 2019
  3. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar

task bar question

Hi Peter,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar

1. Windows 10 System Tray icons expand across task bar - Similar Threads - System Tray icons

2. did the overflow in task bar get removed? want to hide system tray icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    did the overflow in task bar get removed? want to hide system tray icons: want to hide system tray icons like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-the-overflow-in-task-bar-get-removed-want-to/8a182b46-c75e-4a9f-9816-0a9cb4ecde1b
  3. did the overflow in task bar get removed? want to hide system tray icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    did the overflow in task bar get removed? want to hide system tray icons: want to hide system tray icons like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-the-overflow-in-task-bar-get-removed-want-to/8a182b46-c75e-4a9f-9816-0a9cb4ecde1b
  4. System icons on task bar not working

System icons on task bar not working: Hi there, I'm using the latest version of Windows, but nothing showed up when I clicked on the volume, network, power and action center bar icons The input indicator icon is working well. How to make them work? According to this link, here here what I have tried: Reset...
  5. Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar

Windows 10 task bar system tray icons dissappearing in specific width of the taskbar: Hi to all, I've searched the discussions, I've checked the solutions regarding the icons to be displayed, yes, I've checked them all. This is what happens - in a specific width of the taskbar, not all of the icons make it into the system tray and some of them are simply...
  6. Task Manager System Tray Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager System Tray Icon in Windows 10: I would like to have the system tray icon of the Task Manager started at boot in WIndows 10. I have tried the batch file method in StackOverflow and the old Windows 7 Method it does not seem to work anymore. Please Help....
  7. System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.

System tray and task bar seem to be frozen.: All of the sudden, the buttons don't work anymore. The app store button opens it briefly and then shuts it down. Same with Microsoft Edge. The battery status button doesn't work, same with the date/clock button, the keyboard and windows ink buttons. And most important,...
  8. win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 system audio icon in task tray not responding.: lately, every once in a while my system audio icon in the task tray will not respond and I have to open the system volume adjust window to manage sound level. Sometimes a rebooy will wake it up, and sometimes it won't. Is there a fix for this. It started happening after a...
  9. Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Bluetooth Icon on Task/System Tray in Windows 10: How do I restore my Bluetooth Icon? Recently had an update that "could not be completed" and ever since then, my Bluetooth icon seemed to have disappeared. I went into Devices & Printers and the settings for Bluetooth are not displayed. What do I need to do the get...
  10. Tray icons disappear after expanding?

Tray icons disappear after expanding?: Whenever i click on my "hidden icons" button on the right of my taskbar, they all appear for a split second, then the box becomes more narrow and hides half of them. [ATTACH] As you can see, some of the icons appear blurry and the box has a weird border on the right side as...