Windows 10: Windows 10 System tray icons go blurry after I quit a game

Discus and support Windows 10 System tray icons go blurry after I quit a game in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft before you give me the usual rant with certain steps to fix the issue just hear me out. This issue has been going on since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ali_AGamer, May 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 System tray icons go blurry after I quit a game

Hi Microsoft before you give me the usual rant with certain steps to fix the issue just hear me out.
    This issue has been going on since 2018:"https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-issue-after-running-a-full-screen-app/f037eb52-da43-4e72-aa60-4915ebe7a314" as shown here. This was a known issue and was apparently fixed in build 17728 but I built my pc brand new even exchanged my parts back to amazon and re built my PC twice to eliminate the issue but the problem is still there. I even tested this on other pc's and the issue is present, clearly the problem has not been fixed many people like myself have this issue still. Can you please look into the matter, there is a work around if you set the resolution to 100% or 125% the issue is fixed but i have a 1080p 40inch screen and everything looks to small and the recommended scale is 150% and it is set on that and this issue is present. Another work around is if I go to manual scaling and set the scale to 150% the issue is resolved but i was informed not to use manual scaling as it messes with certain applications and I should leave it on recommended. Another thing which on a temp bases fixes the issue restart the pc but all these solutions are way to time consuming clearly there is a issue somewhere, its been going on since 2018.

Can you please get this issue fixed as its annoying.

Steps I have done to try and fix the issue:
    *Exchanged all my pc parts
    *Re installed windows 10 from a clean install via usb iso

*Ran sfc/scan now and dism command everything came back fine

*Did a clean boot

*Installed all GPU drivers and windows updates to the latest ones

:)

Ali_AGamer, May 17, 2019

2. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever
    i game on 720p and close the game, if i restart windows the problem dissapears but happens again if i play a game in 720p and then i close it and return on desktop. My laptop has a 1080p display.model Hp au101-nv. How can i repair this problem???

thank you

GiannisStamatiadis, May 17, 2019
  3. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 17, 2019
  4. Mysticode Win User

Windows 10 System tray icons go blurry after I quit a game

Minimize to icon tray not working in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Since updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, RealTemp is no longer minimizing to my icon tray. Is anyone else having these issues?

Thank you.

Mysticode, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 System tray icons go blurry after I quit a game

1. Windows 10 System tray icons go blurry after I quit a game - Similar Threads - System tray icons

2. Blurry System Tray Icons above 100% text scaling - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blurry System Tray Icons above 100% text scaling - Windows 11: So I reported this back in 2016 with Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-icons-blur-and-darken-until-they/3c2067e8-e494-4fad-adb2-54c88f53bebfHere we are now in 2022, on Windows 11 and its still an issue. I have been using 2560x1440...
  3. Blurry System Tray Icons above 100% text scaling - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurry System Tray Icons above 100% text scaling - Windows 11: So I reported this back in 2016 with Windows 10: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-icons-blur-and-darken-until-they/3c2067e8-e494-4fad-adb2-54c88f53bebfHere we are now in 2022, on Windows 11 and its still an issue. I have been using 2560x1440...
  4. System Tray Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  5. system tray icons

system tray icons: I received an update to Win 10 and ever since the update, I am only able to see two icons on the system tray at the same time. For example, I now have the speaker icon and the wifi "fan" icon on the system tray. I would like to also have the battery icon on like I've always...
  6. Scaleable System Tray Icons Windows 10

Scaleable System Tray Icons Windows 10: As we move forward I see a couple of likeable features in 1809. One of them being "increase text size" rather than just Scaling. A person could use both of those features if they wanted to but I have a feeling most people with good eyesight would use the "increase text...
  7. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.: On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever i game on 720p and...
  8. Enlarged system tray icons after playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enlarged system tray icons after playing game: Running windows 10 x64 build 1803 Nvidia GTX 1070 Graphics Card After playing any game. My system tray icons all enlarge. Is there a way to get them back to normal size without restarting? Restarting is the only thing I've found to fix it....
  9. Blurry Tray Icons Since Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Tray Icons Since Update: Yesterday morning I updated my Windows 10 and since then have been getting an issue with my tray icons being blurry. I've tried restarting my PC, as well as turning the new advanced scaling option on/off. It's not a huge deal and doesn't negatively affect performance or...
  10. Network tray icon is blurry - how to refresh the icon?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network tray icon is blurry - how to refresh the icon?: [img] As you can see, it's not very smooth. The white curved lines have bluish spots inside. When I first installed Windows 10 on a virtual hard disk (vhd), nvidia drivers for my gtx 760 installed automatically by Windows 10 and the icon was very smooth. Later, I had to do a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 system tray icons blurry