Windows 10: Windows 10 system unable to reset

Discus and support Windows 10 system unable to reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been having this strange issue with my computer for the past several days where any changes I make to the drive are undone as soon as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MScott02, Aug 18, 2022.

1. MScott02 Win User

Windows 10 system unable to reset

I have been having this strange issue with my computer for the past several days where any changes I make to the drive are undone as soon as the computer restarts/reboots. I have tried resetting the computer but it will go back to how it was before once the computer restarts. I am capable of doing everything else normally in the computer, but I am unable to permanently save files as every new change I make is purged upon reboot. I have checked and I haven't set any recovery points on my computer. every now and then it will blue screen and display "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"

:)

MScott02, Aug 18, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Unable to perform a system reset

Hi,

A factory reset is a way to restore a device to its original system state. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• Have you tried backing up your important files and check if you can perform factory reset?
    • Why do you want to perform a factory reset in your laptop?

Meanwhile, you can also follow the steps provided in this article:
    Recovery options in Windows 10.
    It will let you restore from a system restore point or go back to the previous version of Windows.

Keeps us posted if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 18, 2022
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Unable to perform System Reset.

Hi lisale,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the System Reset, let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following.

• How are you trying to reset the laptop?

• Are you getting any error messages or error code when trying to reset the laptop?

I suggest you to refer to the below article on Recovery options in Windows 10
    and refer to the section Reset your PC.

Recovery options in Windows

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 system unable to reset - Similar Threads - system unable reset

2. Unable to login into Windows 10 after attempting to reset system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login into Windows 10 after attempting to reset system: I've recently decided to conduct a system reset of my Windows 10 Home installation. I wanted to do a complete Clean-Up, removing all files from my 2 drives, one is an SSD and the other is an HDD.I went ahead and started the reset process through the Settings app, selecting a...
  3. Unable to login into Windows 10 after attempting to reset system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login into Windows 10 after attempting to reset system: I've recently decided to conduct a system reset of my Windows 10 Home installation. I wanted to do a complete Clean-Up, removing all files from my 2 drives, one is an SSD and the other is an HDD.I went ahead and started the reset process through the Settings app, selecting a...
  4. Unable to login into Windows 10 after attempting to reset system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 system unable to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system unable to reset: I have been having this strange issue with my computer for the past several days where any changes I make to the drive are undone as soon as the computer restarts/reboots. I have tried resetting the computer but it will go back to how it was before once the computer restarts....
  6. Windows 10 system unable to reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 system unable to reset: I have been having this strange issue with my computer for the past several days where any changes I make to the drive are undone as soon as the computer restarts/reboots. I have tried resetting the computer but it will go back to how it was before once the computer restarts....
  7. Unable to Reset Windows 10

Unable to Reset Windows 10: Upon trying to reset windows 10, and trying to "clean data, and reinstall windows from this device" I continually get an an error message saying there was a problem resetting my computer. When I deselect the option to clean data, and reinstall windows, and the computer...
  8. Unable to perform system reset on my windows 10 laptop.

Unable to perform system reset on my windows 10 laptop.: Hello,I tried resetting my PC thrice by using built in system reset tool in windows but I got error message.Can someone here help me to solve this error? I have attached the log files below.Thank you. https://drive.google.com/open?id=10hC6dimrbC47SfbnHkSVgcS4ITipMq9d...
  9. Windows 10 Unable to Reset

Windows 10 Unable to Reset: Hello! I recently started to notice that my computer was acting very strangely, so I decided to run Command Prompt as a administrator and ran the command "sfc /scannow". However, I was greeted by a message that said that the scan found some corrupted files, but could not fix...
  10. Unable to reset windows 10

Unable to reset windows 10: Hi I have inbuilt windows 10 OS when i purchased Lenovo Ideapad 110 laptop, recently i tried to reset and used two OS in my laptop. I have installed ubuntu 14 and it is working fine, but was unable to reset windows 10. it prompts at time zone and shows and error message...