Windows 10: Windows 10 System Volume Information Folder Size increased huge after several failed...

Discus and support Windows 10 System Volume Information Folder Size increased huge after several failed... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I would like to ask you if you could help me because I have a hard disk in windows 10 2004 mapped as F drive. Some days ago I was trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pablo Valcárcel Lázaro, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 System Volume Information Folder Size increased huge after several failed...

Hello. I would like to ask you if you could help me because I have a hard disk in windows 10 2004 mapped as F drive.

Some days ago I was trying to virtualize with Virtualbox windows 10 64 bits, after several fails I decided change approach so I virtualized windows 10 64 with Vmware workstation 15 and I achieved it. The problem is that every virtualization try, system volume information folder had a high size even after deleting failed virtual machines like if virtualbox wasn't releasing space or windows 10 wasn't releasing space. You will check it in screenshots where you will see F System Volume Information with a size of 114GB first image after have deleted all virtual machines I created in fact, every virtual machine fail, I deleted everything but System Volume Information didn't change size when I guess it should have been released. Windows 10 System Volume Information Folder Size increased huge after several failed... 54e8cec4-6a35-47eb-9537-43461b21d8ed?upload=true.jpg

In second image, you will check how that System Volume Information folder has a 124GB size after successfully created virtual machine with vmware. Provisioned hard disk is not pre-allocated, it means that storage was not set aside for the entire virtual disk when it was created, and it will grow as your VM disk fills up. Folder where is stored virtual machine in F has 18GB size.

Windows 10 System Volume Information Folder Size increased huge after several failed... 40d6c618-bfbc-4fb1-98be-41b7f093c886?upload=true.jpg

Hard drive is 1TB size and has 600GB free.

In this Microsoft support link Microsoft support I read that was related to system restore points but is not the case becasue I have only enabled system restore points for C and a limited size of around 2GB as you will check in next screenshots :

Windows 10 System Volume Information Folder Size increased huge after several failed... ab28a04e-d65f-48ff-829b-a821afa04400?upload=true.jpg

Windows 10 System Volume Information Folder Size increased huge after several failed... b865761e-6dd6-4f01-b8d5-8e232433ac44?upload=true.jpg

My questions are:

1 Can I delete safety System Volume Information folder in F?

2 How to do it if I don't have permissions and I can't be owner of that folder?

3 Will I have hard disk information lost for deleting it?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Pablo Valcárcel Lázaro, Jun 28, 2020

2. Huge System Volume Information folder

My System Volume Information folder is consuming 628 Gb of a 1 Tb partition, so Windows is showing I'm almost out of space. The partition is not the system [boot] drive and System Restore is turned off for this drive.

I used TreeSize to list the files and they have names like "\System Volume Information\{61d4861b-edab-11e8-8d2e-acf20b7e7629}{3848876b-c126-4e58-b7ae-04047e1cc752}". One of the files is 90.7 GB.

I've tried Disk Cleanup>Cleanup system files, and it finds nothing to clean up. How can I free up this space?

Denny Gardener, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Hi Barry,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Do you get any error message when you try to delete the files from system volume information folder?

• What is the size of the system volume information folder? (As you said “size of all the files and the limited space being wasted on the USB”)

• Is there any permissions set to access the system volume information folder?
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 System Volume Information Folder Size increased huge after several failed...

Removing errant files in the "System Volume Information" folder under Windows 10.

Anything?

R. BARRYBARTON, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 System Volume Information Folder Size increased huge after several failed...

1. Windows 10 System Volume Information Folder Size increased huge after several failed... - Similar Threads - System Volume Information

2. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to restore my system to a previous restore point recently but this failed IDK why but no problem, my problem was fixed..But I found that the C drive became filled with 20 GB out of nowhere... After searching in this problem I found that a...
  3. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro. I tried to restore my system to a previous restore point recently but this failed IDK why but no problem, my problem was fixed..But I found that the C drive became filled with 20 GB out of nowhere... After searching in this problem I found that a...
  4. SystemRestore folder in System Volume Information folder DELETION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Volume Information and moving the Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Volume Information and moving the Desktop folder: Hello, I wanted to move the desktop folder to another Drive from C: drive to E: drive since I have everything in the Desktop and my C: drive was running out of space. The E: drive was completely empty as I had just installed it. I moved the location of the desktop by going...
  6. System Volume Information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Volume Information: I make my backups in D drive and have turned the system protection off from the control panel. I backup using the windows 7 backup and restore from the control panel . The issue that whenever I do it the System Volume Info folder in the E drive starts filling automatically....
  7. WindowsApps folder huge size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WindowsApps folder huge size: Using Windows 10 1809 version. My WindowsApps in Program Files is huge? How can I delete apps that I do not need or do not use. 5.2GB on 120GB drive is a lot. There is also WindowsApps in Windows folder. I have attached a screenshot of the WindowsApps folder. What kind of...
  8. System Volume Information folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    System Volume Information folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]What is the System Volume Information folder in Windows 10? Is it consuming huge disk space on your system and is the size growing large? We will try to answer these questions in this post and also discuss if you [...] This post System Volume Information...
  9. System volume information

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System volume information: A friend of mine put my pendrive into his pc, after inserting it into pc later I found a fold named system volume information, curiously I clicked on the file in the folder and there was a pop up like command prompt,then nothing happened. After a while all my desktop apps...
  10. System volume information folder questions

in Windows 10 Support
    System volume information folder questions: First question, the winre.wim file is at 96% fragmented and I cannot defrag the system information folder. How can I get that fragmented file to defrag? Second question, I have unchecked the hidden system folder so I can try and delete the system volume folder, which...