Windows 10: Windows 10 system wakes up constantly

Discus and support Windows 10 system wakes up constantly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My Windows 10 workstation running 21H2 running OS build 19044.1586 and Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 continuously wakes up about 15 minutes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PeterCohen3, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Windows 10 system wakes up constantly

My Windows 10 workstation running 21H2 running OS build 19044.1586 and Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 continuously wakes up about 15 minutes after going to sleep. This is a fixed workstation. No battery, no wireless."Allow wake timers" is set to "disable"powercfg /lastwake brings up a result Wake History Count - 0powercfg /waketimers brings up a result \Device\HarddiskVolume2\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe expires at 7:48:05 on some emoticonspowercfg /devicequery wake_armed brings up the result NONEI have deleted most o

:)

PeterCohen3, Mar 19, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 19, 2022
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 19, 2022
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 system wakes up constantly

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 19, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 system wakes up constantly

1. Windows 10 system wakes up constantly - Similar Threads - system wakes constantly

2. Windows 10 system wakes up constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system wakes up constantly: My Windows 10 workstation running 21H2 running OS build 19044.1586 and Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 continuously wakes up about 15 minutes after going to sleep. This is a fixed workstation. No battery, no wireless."Allow wake timers" is set to "disable"powercfg...
  3. Windows 10 system wakes up constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system wakes up constantly: My Windows 10 workstation running 21H2 running OS build 19044.1586 and Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 continuously wakes up about 15 minutes after going to sleep. This is a fixed workstation. No battery, no wireless."Allow wake timers" is set to "disable"powercfg...
  4. PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps waking itself up constantly. Wake timers are disabled. What gives?: My PC has been randomly waking itself from sleep for at least the last month. It's really annoying and I have no clue why it's doing it. There are never any signs of updates or any reason it would've needed to wake. There's also no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it'll wake...
  5. Windows 10 Will not Wake Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Will not Wake Up: For some reason my Windows 10 PC keeps going into sleep mode and will not wake up when plugged in. I have completed the following steps: 1. Configured power and sleep settings to turn off sleep mode when plugged in. 2. Run CMD: powercfg -h off The issue only started...
  6. Computer Constantly Wakes up from Sleep

Computer Constantly Wakes up from Sleep: It seems that I'm still not the only one with this issue. My computer will wake up from sleep mode ALL THE TIME. If I leave the laptop open, a bright screen will wake me up in the middle of the night. If I keep it closed it'll be fully on and running when I open it up the...
  7. windows 10 wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 wake up: My lenevo laptop shows white spining dot wheel running without ending after restarting.I done several steps to come to a point of Safe MODE or winRE . but still not support run to as before. First I had bluescreen error middle of work and off itself and worked . Then I tried...
  8. Windows 10 waking up itself

Windows 10 waking up itself: Is there a way to permanently stop windows update from waking up my pc. I tried the gpedit thing which tempoarily worked until I updated windows again and now it does not work....
  9. Wake UP Systems IN AD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wake UP Systems IN AD: Hi All , Kindly suggest , is there any way for waking up systems in Active Directory. Mcafee EPO we have this option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-systems-in-ad/3e97f9c0-d184-4fee-8ece-4acf33f01544"
  10. Mouse wakes up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse wakes up Windows 10: So I'm using Windows 10 Pro for a few years now. I built my computer from scratch, tried different OS during the years but eventually stuck with a registered version of Windows 10. Somewhere through the last year I noticed that my wireless USB mouse wakes up my PC if you even...