Windows 10: Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

Discus and support Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dmytro Mk, Feb 12, 2024.

1. Dmytro Mk Win User

Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if you go to settings, you will see that the ABC icon is only available for English language.I use WhatsApp extensively for my work, and system-wide spell check work for the English language works fine but is completely absent for other languages.

:)

Dmytro Mk, Feb 12, 2024

2. No spelling check in aditional language

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are trying to use a spelling check in Windows 10. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which application are you trying to use the spelling check?
    • Were you able to use it in Windows 7?
    • Which are the languages you are trying to use the spelling check?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 12, 2024
  3. Chips2 Win User
    English English Spell Check

I've checked and I must have a different version, because I don't get that menu pop up when I click on Settings. All I get is a basic profile menu with "Manage account", "Sync", "Passwords", "Payment info", "Addresses and more", and "Import browser data". Do you know by that what version I have?

I've managed to get the Spell Check working though by doing a search through the Settings page. Now it's accepting both English English and American English, but hey-ho! *shrugs"

Chips2, Feb 12, 2024
  4. OG_Jaap Win User

Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

Spell check in multiple languages

Hi all,

I regularly write emails in both Dutch and English. Whenever I do, I have to select the language I am writing in or it will mark my spelling as wrong. This gets quite annoying after a while. How can I make it accept bot Dutch and English spelling without
    having to switch back and forth? Preferably system wide.

OG_Jaap, Feb 12, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed - Similar Threads - system wide spell

2. Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed: Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if you go to settings, you will see that the ABC icon is only available for English language.I use WhatsApp extensively for my...
  3. Spell check language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell check language: Win11 Pro 21H2 build 22000.1281Only English UK is set in Languages/regions - No US set anywhereWhen I compose a post some words are highlighted and you are prompted to change to US spellingNo issues when using Word/365...
  4. Spell check language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spell check language: Win11 Pro 21H2 build 22000.1281Only English UK is set in Languages/regions - No US set anywhereWhen I compose a post some words are highlighted and you are prompted to change to US spellingNo issues when using Word/365...
  5. Multilingual system-wide spell-check

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multilingual system-wide spell-check: HelloI'm struggling to set the system-wide spell check on windows so that it accepts two languages. I'm using win 10 21H1 with display language set to English. I have installed both English and Czech language packs in Settings\Time&Language\Language\Preferred Languages....
  6. Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English

Windows 10 Pro - Non-English language laptop, cannot change language to English: I'm aware that many questions have been asked, but sadly, I can't find the answer... Due to Covid and travel restrictions, I've had to buy a laptop in Czech Rep. It came pre-installed with Win 10 Pro, and thus the ability to change display language or so I believe, according...
  7. English English Spell Check

in Windows 10 Support
    English English Spell Check: It used to be that my web browser always had English English for its auto spell check, but ever since I went to Win Edge it started to try to "correct" me with American spellings. As a result I tried to change it back to English English, but now auto spell check doesn't work...
  8. Windows 10 spell checking checks British English

Windows 10 spell checking checks British English: Hi, The default Windows 10 spell checker i.e. the one in browser test inputs such as this uses British English for spell checking Colour = correct, Color = Incorrect etc. My Wndows Display Language is set to English United States and my first proffered language is also...
  9. System Spell Check

in Windows 10 Support
    System Spell Check: On my other Windows 10 computer, there is (pretty) universal spell-checking. A wiggly red line under suspect words, suggestions available. You know the idea. Also on this computer if I create a new User Account. But not in my main User Account. The settings in Devices/Typing...
  10. Spell check in multiple languages

Spell check in multiple languages: Hi all, I regularly write emails in both Dutch and English. Whenever I do, I have to select the language I am writing in or it will mark my spelling as wrong. This gets quite annoying after a while. How can I make it accept bot Dutch and English spelling without having to...