Windows 10: windows 10 system - will not connect to new wireless router/modem

Discus and support windows 10 system - will not connect to new wireless router/modem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed a new wireless **** Surfboard today for internet connection. My windows 10 was previously hooked up to a ethernet cable that was attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tennis12, Sep 4, 2018.

1. tennis12 Win User

windows 10 system - will not connect to new wireless router/modem

I installed a new wireless **** Surfboard today for internet connection. My windows 10 was previously hooked up to a ethernet cable that was attached to wireless repeater. I disconnected the ethernet i restarted the computer. The computer will not recognize a wireless connection. I have reviewed several suggestions on trying to remind the wireless option but to no avail. How do I get the computer to recognize the new router/modem.

:)

tennis12, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Darren Win User

Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Will a new router and/or modem help?

Q1./ Which netgear?
    Q2./ How many ACTIVE LAN connections physically attached to the router?

I have a FVL328. Its quite old. But it still runs like a rocket. Has VPN. Has great inbuilt security. However, I just upgraded the LAN as follows:

• New modem. The new modem has definitely improved the connection.
    • Put the "backbone" of the network on a JGS524, with ONE connection to the router. The router also drivers a printer and a wireless AP (WG302).
    Overall improvement in LAN performance. FVL328 still doing the job fine.

Tip1: If you have an old consumer router... or a VERY OLD prosafe... it might be worth upgrading. But I can definitely recommend the route of cheap second hand prosafe FVS328 or higher. Dont go for th FVS318 that has slow/cheap low bandwidth hardware.

Tip2: Try and avoid all-in-one routers. If your router is ALSO driving wireless LAN this will really slow down the whole router and expose it to crashing esp. if you use WEP etc. Separate the router from the wireless AP.

Tip3: Most router crashes are caused by IP conflicts on other devices. Make sure no OTHER devices are bringing the router down.

lemonadesoda, Sep 4, 2018
  4. bodosko Win User

Wireless modem router plus printer port ?

Hello guys.

Does it exist? A Wireless ADSL modem router with printer port all-in-one ?
    If not, what is the best option to buy?
    All 3 separated? Or Wireless router with printer server and a modem?

I would like an adsl modem suggestion that its very solid and doesnt freeze. Because I have a Dlink-500B and this thing freezes a lot.

And if you know any website that is specialized in modems please let me know.

Thank you.

bodosko, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 system - will not connect to new wireless router/modem - Similar Threads - system connect wireless

2. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router: can't connect a Cannon printer MG5522 to my computer using my own modem and router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-wireless-printer-to-computer-using-my/2fe6cf6a-bdde-494c-8be4-24554bc42772
  3. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router: can't connect a Cannon printer MG5522 to my computer using my own modem and router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-wireless-printer-to-computer-using-my/2fe6cf6a-bdde-494c-8be4-24554bc42772
  4. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired In Connection on a modem router Combo: i need immediate assistance trying to get my my ethernet cable to work on my computer it doesnt connect at all and i have XTREME mediacom high speed internet. i tried uninstalling and re installing the drivers and it isnt working. any forward knowledge on troubleshooting...
  6. Connecting an external hard drive to a modem-router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting an external hard drive to a modem-router: I have a Western Digital My Book Essential external hard drive connected to my desktop computer by USB. I wanted to connect it instead to my Sky modem-router. Because the router does not have a USB port, I purchased a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and used this to make the connection....
  7. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router: I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports. With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router...
  8. connecting my internet router/modem with VPN on Windows 10

connecting my internet router/modem with VPN on Windows 10: Hi, I have a device that runs one cable from it to the wall socket. This device is how I get my internet, and I don't know if it is called a browser or a modem. How do I figure that out? Then, the problem I have now is I want to also get a paid VPN subscription and so I...
  9. Can't connect with wireless router

Can't connect with wireless router: From one of my Windows 10 PC's I'm not able to connect anymore with my wireless router which connect with the Internet. Until a few hours ago this connection worked just fine. I doesn't seem to be a problem with the wireless router since 2 of my other PC's(also running...
  10. Recognizing new modem/router combination

Recognizing new modem/router combination: I recently changed out my separate modem and router to a Netgear C6300 modem/router combination. I have 2 desktop units that are hard wired to this new unit. Every device is fine and updated except one of my desktop units. It connects to the internet, but does not connect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 does not recognize router/modem