Windows 10: Windows 10 - SystemResources Folder

Discus and support Windows 10 - SystemResources Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Recently I migrated an old hard drive to a new hard drive. Let's say the new hard drive is C:\ and this is where the windows operating system has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by miriboy, Feb 11, 2020.

1. miriboy Win User

Windows 10 - SystemResources Folder

Recently I migrated an old hard drive to a new hard drive.

Let's say the new hard drive is C:\ and this is where the windows operating system has been installed and running well.
    Now the old hard drive i put it now as D:\ as a general data but i observe that there is D:\Windows\SystemResources folder.
    When I try to delete that, it does not allow me to saying it must have Administrator rights.

Question - what is this folder use for? Is it safe to delete?

Thanks

Please note when I peep inside that folder, this is what I see.
    Windows 10 - SystemResources Folder [​IMG]

:)

miriboy, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 11, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 - SystemResources Folder - Similar Threads - SystemResources Folder

2. Group By in downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group By in downloads folder: Hi, whenever I open the downloads folder it goes to the following settings: "Group By: Date" "Sort By: Date". I tried manually changing it, going to Options, View and applying the folder settings, but this does not work for this specific folder, worked in others. Is there...
  3. Group By in downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group By in downloads folder: Hi, whenever I open the downloads folder it goes to the following settings: "Group By: Date" "Sort By: Date". I tried manually changing it, going to Options, View and applying the folder settings, but this does not work for this specific folder, worked in others. Is there...
  4. View preferences for ALL folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    View preferences for ALL folders: Storing View Preferences for File ExplorerI've seen many threads addressing this but THEY ARE ALL WRONG!Everyone says:if you want the File Explorer view to always show "Detail" :Open File Explorer I'm using Windows 11 as an example, click "View" and select "Detail".Make sure...
  5. View preferences for ALL folders

View preferences for ALL folders: Storing View Preferences for File ExplorerI've seen many threads addressing this but THEY ARE ALL WRONG!Everyone says:if you want the File Explorer view to always show "Detail" :Open File Explorer I'm using Windows 11 as an example, click "View" and select "Detail".Make sure...
  6. mat-debug created by MS Defender on W11 in Temp folder - HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mat-debug created by MS Defender on W11 in Temp folder - HELP!: As title.. I tried several methods to delete these mat-debug files on C Windows Temp folder, but it won't let me delete it says: "Service currently running on Microsoft Defender". Even i delete them in Safe Mode but files keep reappearing after that. I guess something to do...
  7. mat-debug created by MS Defender on W11 in Temp folder - HELP!

mat-debug created by MS Defender on W11 in Temp folder - HELP!: As title.. I tried several methods to delete these mat-debug files on C Windows Temp folder, but it won't let me delete it says: "Service currently running on Microsoft Defender". Even i delete them in Safe Mode but files keep reappearing after that. I guess something to do...
  8. gpedit.msc has folders missing and cannot edit any policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gpedit.msc has folders missing and cannot edit any policies: I have windows 11 pro, and today randomly I am not able to use my Group Policy Editor. As you can see many folders there are empty and whenever I try to open them it gives me the error message: MMC cannot initialize the snap-in. Sorry for bad english....
  9. gpedit.msc has folders missing and cannot edit any policies

gpedit.msc has folders missing and cannot edit any policies: I have windows 11 pro, and today randomly I am not able to use my Group Policy Editor. As you can see many folders there are empty and whenever I try to open them it gives me the error message: MMC cannot initialize the snap-in. Sorry for bad english....
  10. Take ownership of Windows\SystemResources, then revert to Trusted In?

in Windows 10 Support
    Take ownership of Windows\SystemResources, then revert to Trusted In?: The plan: I'd like to take ownership of C:\Windows\SystemResources just long enough to substitute an edited imageres.dll.mun file for the original, and then go back and revert ownership of the folder to NT Service\TrustedInstaller. That's what I'd like to do, not what I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is C:\windows\SystemResources