Windows 10: Windows 10 systems is messing with chrome and my computer.

Discus and support Windows 10 systems is messing with chrome and my computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After my first class of school today I received a couple "severe threats" from WS. I also got a dropbox saying that google chrome security is ready to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Squishyrocks, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 systems is messing with chrome and my computer.

After my first class of school today I received a couple "severe threats" from WS. I also got a dropbox saying that google chrome security is ready to launch, and when I pressed launch it didn't work.

So here comes my first problem: after clearing with the threats, google chrome stopped working. As in, I couldn't edit google forms, and when I went to "About Google Chrome" I wasn't connected to the internet Which I was. and said whitelist googleupdate.exe.

Second batch of problems: The start/search bar in windows didn't respond. I had encountered this problem once before. The one thing I knew that fixed it was to search in the start/search bar for windows restore point, but I couldn't. So instead I scrolled for windows security and managed to find system restore point and backed it up.

You know whats interesting when all of this happened? When Google Chrome started having problems I couldn't even access this damn website and thus couldn't get support unless I restored my computer. Yes, I could've used another browser but I didn't think of it at the time.

I fixed it after restoring it again. But I swear to god this will happen again unless I find the root cause of this problem. Has anyone had similar experiences to me and if so can you kindly tell me what you did too? I wish something would just be clearer to me so I can solve this damned problem. This is harming my school effort and I have to deal with this problem rather than doing work. Whats with windows system and their security?

From now on unless I find something that changes my perception I'm looking at windows security with a grain of salt.

:)

Squishyrocks, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 systems is messing with chrome and my computer.

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 systems is messing with chrome and my computer.

1. Windows 10 systems is messing with chrome and my computer. - Similar Threads - systems messing chrome

2. My Computer Is messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer Is messed up.: I updated my Windows 10 computer to Win11 several years ago!, earlier this year I went to bed leaving my computer running and updating before shutting down. Now my computer takes 30 minutes to boot and many programs won't run at all. I can't find my Windows key but will...
  3. My Computer Is messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Computer Is messed up.: I updated my Windows 10 computer to Win11 several years ago!, earlier this year I went to bed leaving my computer running and updating before shutting down. Now my computer takes 30 minutes to boot and many programs won't run at all. I can't find my Windows key but will...
  4. windows 10 20H2 Update messed up my Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 20H2 Update messed up my Computer: After the Update completed it caused my display on my screen to become very unstable and unviewable. Every time I would try to open anything it would cause the cursor to draw lines every time, I moved the Mouse. I have tried everything from powering down and reset the...
  5. Windows 10 updates messing up my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updates messing up my computer.: Hi. There have not been windows updates for a while which is great because they always spell trouble, over two hours of trouble. The last update was Feb. 28, 2021. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop. The last update took me four hours to fix. I had a account...
  6. My computer storage is a mess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer storage is a mess: Earlier in the year, I partitioned my C: drive. I wanted to use the new D: drive for my media, so I moved all my music and videos into the new drive. I think I accidentally changed some settings like optimizing specific folders for music and whatnot. Somehow, the drive was...
  7. Windows update messed up my system

Windows update messed up my system: Hello, an automatically coming update for some reason has failed and my system does not restart, and I have tried all kinds of trick to restore but it failed and does not restore. I have even used MediaCreationTool2004 and DiskReviverSetup_ppc and have not been able to...
  8. Windows 10 update messed up my computer

Windows 10 update messed up my computer: My system got an update and while I was shutting it down it installed that update. When I started my system next morning it configured my system to the new update and as the system started, to my shock, everything was changed. Right from the font style and size, everything...
  9. windows 10 update messed up my computer

windows 10 update messed up my computer: someone please help me. windows 10 did a forced update on my desktop. now windows 10 will not load. preparing automatic repair stuck and will not go any further microsoft messed up my computer. i work from home. i need my computer fixed. why this happen to me?...
  10. Error 21 on my computer with Chrome and Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Error 21 on my computer with Chrome and Windows 10: I seem to be getting Error 21 "network change detected " only on my computer with Chrome and Windows 10 mostly on netzero webmail . I don't get this problem with Edge browser on same computer. The best fix for me seems to be rebooting the router and this lasts for a few days...