Windows 10: Windows 10 systems repeatedly report HP printer offline when the printer is online,...

Discus and support Windows 10 systems repeatedly report HP printer offline when the printer is online,... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having a problem with multiple Windows 10 laptops considering a networked HP printer offline, when that printer is online, and the IP address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RickNyman1, May 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 systems repeatedly report HP printer offline when the printer is online,...

I've been having a problem with multiple Windows 10 laptops considering a networked HP printer offline, when that printer is online, and the IP address that it is using has not changed. Also, the issue does not affect the different systems at the same time, so it's the workstation giving up on the printer, not the printer ignoring the workstations.

I've tried a variety of things, but the problem has persisted for some time. The workarounds are to either restart spooler or reboot the workstation (effectively restarting spooler - when the system reboots, the job that was queued prints).

I found this issue mentioned in the below thread, but no effective solutions were offered, and the PowerShell script that makes it easier to restart spooler is still a workaround. I might take that PowerShell script, or a batch file, and see if I can set it to run when the workstation unlocks or logs in.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-constantly-goes-offline-on-windows-10/8a7a1d35-4e6a-4be8-9afe-c58fd8522388?page=2

The other thread is locked, so I figured I'd open a new one to see if there are any new ideas on this.

Regards,
    Rick

:)

RickNyman1, May 17, 2019
  2. Wishbone2 Win User

Printer repeatedly goes "offline"

My Brother MFC-J6710DW goes "offline" repeatedly during the course of a day or overnight. I am running Windows 8.1 (64 bit) operating system with a recent update to Windows 10. I had the same problem previously, but it seems to have gotten worse (happening
    more frequently) since downloading Windows 10. The printer is connected to my network wirelessly and prints well as long as I repeatedly shutdown my computer, turn off the printer; restart the computer then turn the printer back on. However, when the printer
    is left for a brief period between items I need to print it again goes "offline". Is there some printer driver update I need to download or perhaps another windows update?

Wishbone2, May 17, 2019
  3. HP Printer offline

I have recently purchased a new PC and although the printer I have (HP Photosmart 5520) is connected and has printed once or twice it keeps going offline. I have tried the usual suggested fixes such as running the print spooling and checked to see if the
    'use printer offline' button was checked but to no avail. The wireless connection says its connected. Tried the turning off / back on method as well. Windows printer trouble shoot said printer was switched off which is rubbish as its on. Help

Stephen Ruston, May 17, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows 10 systems repeatedly report HP printer offline when the printer is online,...

Printer offline

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below question:

• Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

Printer will continually switch itself to offline mode due to an IP port issue. To keep the printer from switching to offline mode, you must validate the printer's IP address.

Meanwhile, please follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Steps:

1. Press Windows andR
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound> click on Devices and printers.
    4. Select the HP Printer 2540, right click on it.
    5. Uncheck the option use printer offline and select
      properties.
    6. Go to the Ports tab at the top of the pop-up window.
    7. Click on "Configure Port"
    8. Check that the "Printer Name or IP address:" box is the same as the IP of your printer.

You can also refer this link for more information
    about Printer issues.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 systems repeatedly report HP printer offline when the printer is online,...

1. Windows 10 systems repeatedly report HP printer offline when the printer is online,... - Similar Threads - systems repeatedly report

2. HP printer indicates it is offline while it is online

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP printer indicates it is offline while it is online: It is HP Office jet 8700 and it is connected to wifi. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-printer-indicates-it-is-offline-while-it-is/5ff972a6-ca29-4b30-84ec-74566a0ac427
  3. Printer Offline - how get a wireless hp printer online

Printer Offline - how get a wireless hp printer online: I don't seem to be able to get a wireless hp printer on line. I can print to it from my phone or hardwire but not wireless from my laptop. Strange. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-off-line/ff69c0f4-101e-4300-8848-44458a39ab30
  4. HP Printer Offline Support +1-844-802-7535

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    HP Printer Offline Support +1-844-802-7535: Having the expert assistance and guidance to have a proper setup of the printer is very necessary. That is why we have made our HP printer customer support number +1-844-802-7535 toll-free and available 24x7 for your services so that you can get any of your queries resolved...
  5. HP Printer Offline Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Printer Offline Windows 10: This is a nice blog and provides an useful and informative ideas to me to resolve my HP envy 7640 printer issues. Thank you for such an wonderful blog post. People can also visit allitexpert.com as it also provides very elaborative information regarding the printer problems....
  6. HP Printer Offline Support

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Printer Offline Support: Thank you for such a wonderful article. It helped me a lot to resolve my printer offline issues and I can easily set it up to overcome the problem. I have also found that allitexprt.com also provides very useful contents in easy language and if someone still unable to resolve...
  7. why is my hp printer offline

in Windows 10 Support
    why is my hp printer offline: why is my hp printer offline Normally, your printer back at home or office could be offline due to a variety of reasons. It could be that your printer’s drivers that operate the printer for your computer could have become corrupt or outdated. Or, the cable that connects them...
  8. HP Printer offline Windows 10

HP Printer offline Windows 10: HP Printer offline Windows 10 Printers are used to get the works done properly and also within the shortest time period. Thus make your printer always trouble-free should be the utmost priority for every printer user. Hence, get the expert assistance by dialing our HP printer...
  9. HP Printer Offline Support

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Printer Offline Support: HP printers are a standout amongst other printing gadgets on the planet which effectively takes care of all your printing requests for both individual and authority use by giving a best quality printing. The American organization Hewlett-Packard built up these gadgets which...
  10. Why My HP Printer Says Offline Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why My HP Printer Says Offline Windows 10?: Normally, your printer back at home or office could be offline due to a variety of reasons. It could be that your printer’s drivers that operate the printer for your computer could have become corrupt or outdated. Or, the cable that connects them both could be faulty and not...