Windows 10: Windows 10 tablet cannot recover

Discus and support Windows 10 tablet cannot recover in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows 10 tablet (upgraded from Windows 8.1) which has worked fine for several years. The other day, when trying to start it, I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BIT90S, Feb 25, 2019.

1. BIT90S Win User

Windows 10 tablet cannot recover

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 tablet (upgraded from Windows 8.1) which has worked fine for several years. The other day, when trying to start it, I was confronted with a black screen with a message about Windows being unable to start (0xc0000185) and suggesting a repair with Windows installation media.

I hooked up my Windows 10 installation media USB, and the tablet proceeded to boot from it (spinning dots). This carried on for a while, and then the screen simply went blank - the backlight was showing it was still on, but it displayed nothing at all. I tried this a few times, with the same result - a blank screen instead of a menu.

I then used another Windows 10 machine to create a recovery disk. I booted off it, and it followed exactly the same procedure - spinning dots followed by blank screen.

I am at a loss as to how to repair the Windows MBR or whatever the problem is, if I remain unable to boot from any Windows media at all.

Any suggestions?

:)

BIT90S, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2019
  3. Best windows 8 tablet?

I've apple ipod touch 4g, google nexus 4, hp envy 17 3d, so using all 3 OS - iOS, android, windows 7.

I dont have any tablet yet..thinking to buy windows 8 tablet..

i like hp envy x2 much..tablet cum notebook..

but microsoft surface and many other good tablets in market and i dont have idea..

suggest me best windows 8/?RT tablets..

thx..

freebird_9924, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 tablet cannot recover - Similar Threads - tablet cannot recover

2. cannot recover Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot recover Windows 10: Hello, I had a dual system with Windows 10 and Linux Mint one hard drive for each OS.I installed a new version of Linux Mint and from that moment I cannot access Windows any more.I have tried some Linux restore tools but they are not working. I have also tried using a Windows...
  3. cannot recover Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot recover Windows 10: Hello, I had a dual system with Windows 10 and Linux Mint one hard drive for each OS.I installed a new version of Linux Mint and from that moment I cannot access Windows any more.I have tried some Linux restore tools but they are not working. I have also tried using a Windows...
  4. cannot recover Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot recover PIN with a Surface tablet!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot recover PIN with a Surface tablet!: I have a Surface tablet that was untouched since 2016. I cannot find the keyboard for it but it’s a tablet, right? I spent all day yesterday patching it to get it up to current, and suddenly it asks for a PIN to login. I don’t remember my pin. No biggie, I select “forgot pin”...
  6. Cannot recover PIN with a Surface tablet!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot recover PIN with a Surface tablet!: I have a Surface tablet that was untouched since 2016. I cannot find the keyboard for it but it’s a tablet, right? I spent all day yesterday patching it to get it up to current, and suddenly it asks for a PIN to login. I don’t remember my pin. No biggie, I select “forgot pin”...
  7. Cannot recover PIN with a Surface tablet!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 cannot boot, cannot recover, cannot reinstall

Windows 10 cannot boot, cannot recover, cannot reinstall: I started my computer that I've had minimal problems with for many years and it got stuck at the windows logo with the spinning beads. I attempted restarting the computer dozens of times, ensuring without a doubt it was booting from the correct drive. No number of boot...
  9. Windows 10 Not Loading & Cannot Recover

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Not Loading & Cannot Recover: Hi My partners laptop, Toshiba Satellite L50 was running fine up to yesterday, she went to put it on and it went into a repair loop, without starting. I tried to get the recover option to load and it would not do it, so I made a Windows 10 recovery media from my laptop and...
  10. Cannot recover Windows 10

Cannot recover Windows 10: Dear all I am encountering big problems to launch Windows 10 in my Lenovo laptop. Initially I am asked to choose keyboard layout. Then, in the next screen, I have 2 options: 1. Trouble shoot 2. Turn off your PC When I click on Trouble shoot, I have 6 options and...