Windows 10: Windows 10 tablet mode forcefully starts menu after login

Discus and support Windows 10 tablet mode forcefully starts menu after login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; While trying to set a default start app on windows 10 after login in tablet mode, I am facing a trouble, that it displays the start menu screen in full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Z_A_Z, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Z_A_Z Win User

Windows 10 tablet mode forcefully starts menu after login

While trying to set a default start app on windows 10 after login in tablet mode, I am facing a trouble, that it displays the start menu screen in full size launching my default app in background every time.

I want the windows start my app directly in foreground in tablet mode.

I have googled it all possible ways and already know that logging out using right click on start menu and Alt+F4 are not options. Switching to desktop mode neither.

I am wondering if anyone had such an issue and found a solution?

:)

Z_A_Z, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Windows 10 Start menu issue

Ive always had issues with the start menu. Pin to start sometimes doesn't work. Now I cant move the icons. And the right click menu sticks. If I do manage to move one it disappears on to reappear later.
    Love 10 other than that. Whats the deal? I would like to organize my icons. Ive tried tablet mode too

Another thing it does when I first restart its bright. Then if I try to move something it dims

Jetster, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

switching from tablet mode to laptop mode

Hi,

The concern you have encountered may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting. Windows 10's Tablet Mode provides a more touch-friendly experience by making all applications run at full screen and giving you a Start screen instead of a Start Menu.
    If you have a 2-in-1 device, Windows 10 asks you if you want to enter tablet mode every time you convert your notebook into a slate. Kindly follow the steps below to sort out the concern:

• Click Settings from the Start menu
    • Click System, then select Tablet Mode in the left panel. A tablet mode submenu appear
    • Toggle "Make Windows more touch-friendly . . ." to on to enable Tablet mode. Or off to go to desktop mode
    • Configure the "When this device automatically switches" menu to let Windows 10 to switch modes on your 2-in-1 prompt or not prompt you.

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 tablet mode forcefully starts menu after login - Similar Threads - tablet mode forcefully

2. Sometimes no start menu/taskbar after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes no start menu/taskbar after login: Every so often - maybe one or two times out of ten - when I power my PC on and login, I have my normal desktop but no start menu and a completely blank taskbar. At this point, if I tap the Windows key on the keyboard, after a second or so the start menu appears and the...
  3. W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 Tablet Mode: Start menu pops up KKA-2308: Hi there, i have a Win 10 Tablet PC with active "Tablet Mode". We activated the tablet mode because we want the on screen keyboard to pop up when someone clicks into a text field in a web application. But once the tablet mode is active we have the following behaviour:...
  4. Force Windows 10 into Tablet mode

Force Windows 10 into Tablet mode: Is there any way to force Windows 10 to not only always boot into Tablet mode Which I can already set, but disable the option to go back to the standard desktop? I'm trying to set up Windows 10 as a multi-app kiosk I don't have access to Intune and when in Tablet mode it...
  5. Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu

Win10 opens in Tablet Mode instead of Desktop Mode with Win10 Start Menu: Win10 opens up apparently in "Tablet Mode" - but making the Settings changes in Tablet Mode do not help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-opens-in-tablet-mode-instead-of-desktop-mode/f2edf2c0-4cf1-4f9a-9988-b7bd67475aea
  6. start up in tablet mode in windows 10

start up in tablet mode in windows 10: I have the same problem that as quite a few others have experienced it seems . When the HP pavilion x360 goes to sleep it wakes up and the touch pad does not work, I had it to micro center and they could not figure it out they just figured it was a glitch that somehow...
  7. Start Menu not working after latest forced reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not working after latest forced reboot.: My machine reboot last night, likely due to an update that got pushed out, and now I can no longer click on the start menu. Windows key does not pull it up either. Also, the volume button in the bottom right of the screen, I cannot click on that either. I can right click on...
  8. New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    New Windows 10 Start Menu (Tablet Mode): I have found, probably after a new windows update, a new start menu layout (attached) [img] In order to restore the old one i replaced the "database" folder ( in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer) but it didn't work properly. For a fast solution I tried...
  9. Disable start menu in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable start menu in tablet mode: I really wanna use tablet mode for my HTPC. The onscreen keyboard is perfect for my purposes. The only problem is that the start menu will pop up over certain applications at times. Is there any way to disable it altogether or default to the desktop when no apps are open?...
  10. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323