Windows 10: Windows 10, Tablet Mode, Locking Tiles in chosen location?

Discus and support Windows 10, Tablet Mode, Locking Tiles in chosen location? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using a Surface Pro. Windows 10. In tablet mode, I arrange the start tiles the way I prefer them. First column has 2 larger groups; the second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KayleeND, Oct 7, 2018.

1. KayleeND Win User

Windows 10, Tablet Mode, Locking Tiles in chosen location?

I am using a Surface Pro.

Windows 10.

In tablet mode, I arrange the start tiles the way I prefer them. First column has 2 larger groups; the second column has 3 small groups. When I switch to laptop mode and back to tablet mode, the system rearranges the tiles. It moves the 2nd item from the first column, and the 2nd item from the second column over to a 3rd column. I'd like to arrange the tiles and lock it.

Is there a setting that will allow me to do that?

Thanks,

Kaylee

:)

KayleeND, Oct 7, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Tablet Mode doesn't automatically turn on

Hi Roice,

We suggest you to follow the below steps to make the tablet mode permanent:

• Click start and select settings.
    • Select settings and then select tablet mode.
    • Now you have different options to choose from, please choose settings that suits you.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Oct 7, 2018
  3. tablet mode / autorate

Hi Lucien,

Tablet mode makes Windows more intuitive and easier to use with touch on devices. To turn off the auto rotate feature, refer to these steps:

• Put your device in Tablet mode.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Look for Lock rotation of this display, then toggle it off.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Windows 10, Tablet Mode, Locking Tiles in chosen location?

Change Tile Color/Background in Tablet mode

Can i make tablet mode tiles have a background picture that just covers the tiles.

for example on my windows 10 phone i can pick to have 'Tile picture' or 'Full screen picture'.

So i just want to know is there away to make tablet mode on my tablet use 'tile picture'.at the moment there is a background picture and the tiles are red i just want to know can i make the tiles go from red to a picture like on windows 10 moblie?

Original title: Tablet Mode

MorganRich-Drury, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10, Tablet Mode, Locking Tiles in chosen location?

1. Windows 10, Tablet Mode, Locking Tiles in chosen location? - Similar Threads - Tablet Mode Locking

2. Windows 11 laptop switching to tablet mode and locking up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop switching to tablet mode and locking up: I have an hp Pavilion laptop 2-in-1. I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. Now and then, the computer switches to tablet mode for no reason I'm not rotating the computer. It freezes up, and it takes several restarts to get back to normal display. Suggested solutions for...
  3. Windows 11 laptop switching to tablet mode and locking up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop switching to tablet mode and locking up: I have an hp Pavilion laptop 2-in-1. I upgraded to Windows 11 a few months ago. Now and then, the computer switches to tablet mode for no reason I'm not rotating the computer. It freezes up, and it takes several restarts to get back to normal display. Suggested solutions for...
  4. How to pin a tile in tablet mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to pin a tile in tablet mode ?: Good afternoon all, My new laptop double as a tablet. by swiveling the screen all the back back. Now that the weather is getting better I would like to use my laptop as a tablet whil sipping coffee outside. All seems to work ok . . . BUT . . . . I have a basic issue that I...
  5. Force Windows 10 into Tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force Windows 10 into Tablet mode: Is there any way to force Windows 10 to not only always boot into Tablet mode Which I can already set, but disable the option to go back to the standard desktop? I'm trying to set up Windows 10 as a multi-app kiosk I don't have access to Intune and when in Tablet mode it...
  6. Windows 10 Tablet Mode

Windows 10 Tablet Mode: Hello All. I would like to talk about Microsoft’s direction for Tablet Mode for tablets and 2in1’s. I am still using an Alcatel Idol 4s with Windows 10 mobile as a pocket computer. Windows 10 mobile, IMHO, is probably the finest mobile OS that has ever been develped for those...
  7. Windows 10 stuck in tablet mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck in tablet mode.: I have a HP pavilion x360 and it's stuck in tablet mode, meaning the touchpad and the keyboard won't work at all. It's been happening for a while and it used to be that if I just restarted the laptop a few times it would eventually boot up correctly but now it just won't work...
  8. Tablet Locked in Safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Tablet Locked in Safe mode: Rebooted windows 10 tablet in safe mode to remove application and now is asking for password and none match what it is asking. Cant get past password screen... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tablet-locked-in-safe-mode/23b4597f-1f35-43d2-bbad-baab27ecfaed
  9. Windows 10 OS1809 Tiles disappeared in Tablet mode

Windows 10 OS1809 Tiles disappeared in Tablet mode: I current have a Surface GO since September. The issue has been there since the beginning and after this update it still remains, so I think it might be worth your attention to get it fixed. Scenario: When I close apps the system goes to start menu by default, then there's...
  10. Windows 10 OS1809 Tiles disappeared in Tablet mode

Windows 10 OS1809 Tiles disappeared in Tablet mode: I current have a Surface GO since September. The issue has been there since the beginning and after this update it still remains, so I think it might be worth your attention to get it fixed. Scenario: When I close apps the system goes to start menu by default, then there's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. arrange tiles tablet mode microsoft

2. locking tiles in chosen location surface pro