Windows 10: Windows 10 Tag list

Discus and support Windows 10 Tag list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've seen a lot of posts on this, but I haven't seen any resolutions yet. Does anyone know how to clear the photo/file tag list in Windows 10? When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rj-shadow, Apr 10, 2022.

1. rj-shadow Win User

Windows 10 Tag list

I've seen a lot of posts on this, but I haven't seen any resolutions yet. Does anyone know how to clear the photo/file tag list in Windows 10? When tagging a file there is an auto-complete list that comes up. This list seems to have a lot of old references though as I've queried all of the hard drives for these tags and have not located them. I've tried clearing history in file exploring, checking the registry, scanning the registry, adding and removing tags, etc. Nothing has worked so far. This list must be maintained somewhere, the question is where. Some of them in the list were ones that w

:)

rj-shadow, Apr 10, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2022
  3. TINHAMMER Win User
    Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos

This is my first time using this site so please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to get answers to the two questions listed below:

1. Is there any way to do a search on my pictures folder in Windows 10 that will identify all pictures that have not been tagged?

2. Is there any way to get a list of all tags that have been used for pictures in my pictures folder in Windows 10?

Thanks for your help.

TINHAMMER, Apr 10, 2022
  4. Windows 10 Tag list

Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Windows 10 Tag list [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Tag list

1. Windows 10 Tag list - Similar Threads - Tag list

2. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  3. Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove a tag from the suggested list in the file properties "Tags" field; Windows 10 and 11: I know how to remove a tag from a jpg file. That's not my question. I want to know how to remove a tag from the suggested list of tags? See screenshotI don't want Buchanan County to be suggested. It was an error when I originally added it to a jpg. I've removed that tag from...
  4. How do I tag people in Photos Legacy WITHOUT creating a contact for them in my contact list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I tag people in Photos Legacy WITHOUT creating a contact for them in my contact list?: I have thousands of old family photos -- my grandmother was a devoted photographer in the 1930s and 1940s -- and most of the people in them are dead. I don't want to create hundreds of 'contacts' for deceased people, yet I would like to be able to organize the photos and to...
  5. How do I tag people in Photos Legacy WITHOUT creating a contact for them in my contact list?

How do I tag people in Photos Legacy WITHOUT creating a contact for them in my contact list?: I have thousands of old family photos -- my grandmother was a devoted photographer in the 1930s and 1940s -- and most of the people in them are dead. I don't want to create hundreds of 'contacts' for deceased people, yet I would like to be able to organize the photos and to...
  6. Windows 10 Tag list

Windows 10 Tag list: I've seen a lot of posts on this, but I haven't seen any resolutions yet. Does anyone know how to clear the photo/file tag list in Windows 10? When tagging a file there is an auto-complete list that comes up. This list seems to have a lot of old references though as I've...
  7. Windows 10 Tag list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Tag list: I've seen a lot of posts on this, but I haven't seen any resolutions yet. Does anyone know how to clear the photo/file tag list in Windows 10? When tagging a file there is an auto-complete list that comes up. This list seems to have a lot of old references though as I've...
  8. Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures - Not Tagged and List of Tags Used for Photos: This is my first time using this site so please let me know if this isn't the appropriate place to get answers to the two questions listed below: 1. Is there any way to do a search on my pictures folder in Windows 10 that will identify all pictures that have not been tagged?...
  9. I WANT TO PRINT THE LIST OF TAGS IN PICTURES BUT NOT THE PICTURES

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I WANT TO PRINT THE LIST OF TAGS IN PICTURES BUT NOT THE PICTURES: I WANT TO PRINT JUST THE LIST OF TAGS ON MY PICTURES BUT NOT THE PICTURE . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-print-the-list-of-tags-in-pictures-but/64b7ebf0-d00b-4a08-8be6-a9a4348262dd
  10. Tags "autofill" not listing tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags "autofill" not listing tags: Good evening, Over the last few years I've been slowly tagging everything in my picture/video library. I recently bought a new laptop, and have since come across an issue: previously, when I started typing in the tags box in Windows Explorer, a dropdown list of all the tags...