Windows 10: windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

Discus and support windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ever since i upgraded from 4 gb to 8 gb, going in from a cold boot on windows 10 would cause everything to load rather quickly, but it taking 40... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A_Can_Of_Chili, Jun 30, 2020.

1. windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

ever since i upgraded from 4 gb to 8 gb, going in from a cold boot on windows 10 would cause everything to load rather quickly, but it taking 40 minutes to an hour to actually login to windows, i dont know why and logging in from sleep mode logs in instantly.

submitted by /u/A_Can_Of_Chili
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A_Can_Of_Chili, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Jenesis Win User
    Problem: Startup Takes 10+ Minutes

I checked the Boot Log box and restarted the computer. Where do I now find the boot log to read it and analyze it?

Jenesis, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Wullail Win User

windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

Did the repair tool leave a log showing what it actually did ? , it would be useful to see what the issue actually was.

Wullail, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

1. windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on. - Similar Threads - takes minutes upwards

2. Windows 10 takes upwards of a couple hours to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes upwards of a couple hours to boot: My PC has been having issues with booting for the last month or two. Sometimes when i start up i get the spinning dots for 30 minutes to an hour to this last time it took over 2 hours just to reach the login screen. I checked SFC the first time and i got several errors...
  3. Windows 10 update taking 12+ hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update taking 12+ hours: Hello everyone. My system (Dell Inspiron 5577) has been updating to Windows 10 April (or May, confused here) 2020 (Insider Program, Slow Ring) since the last 12 hours. It occasionally restarts but it's extremely slow and has been stuck at 90% since the last 3-4 hours. I'm...
  4. Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 taking 1 hour 15 minutes on average to boot up: Hopefully someone can point me the right direction here, about a week ago Windows started taking a very long time to boot up, after powering on and off a few times during this boot, an option was presented to fix windows and lose all of my apps/programs I did this and Windows...
  5. Windows 10 update takes hours.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update takes hours.: Microsoft, Please make sure that Windows 10 updates are not so painful. I have lost income due to Windows 10 update taking hours, and my laptop was showing circle going round and round, with nothing happening. I lost at least 4.5 hours of income and I am not rich to get these...
  6. Windows 10 crashing every 30 to 40 minutes

Windows 10 crashing every 30 to 40 minutes: Hello All, My Windows 10 is frequently crashing a lot. Its been almost a week now. I have no idea how to analyze the root cause of the problem. The problem seems to start when I'm using office products such as Excel and Word and sometimes both at the same time. Can...
  7. Windows 10 Updates Still Taking Hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates Still Taking Hours: I've had my HP 15 laptop for a little over a year now. Last night I got a pop-up wanting to update. I clicked Remind Me Later. In less than a minute, the screen went blue supposedly because the computer had to restart due to an error. I hardly believe this was coincidence. It...
  8. Nov 2, Windows 10 updated and Defender ran 40+ hours!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Nov 2, Windows 10 updated and Defender ran 40+ hours!: Latest preview 1607 (10.0.14959.1000) (November 3, 2016; 6 days ago Latest release 1607 (10.0.14393.448) (November 9, 2016; 0 days ago The "latest" release has yet to install, however issue is Windows Defender running 40+ hours on Nov. 2, 2016! Or does anyone know...
  9. dm log collector.exe "generating msinfo report" taking an hour

dm log collector.exe "generating msinfo report" taking an hour: Hi. I am hoping to post a BSoD issue but the dm log collector executable is taking quite long. I see it should take a while, but just wondering if it has stopped? The green bar has been in the same position for at least an hour (see attached). My original BSoD...
  10. Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Restart takes 2 minutes: Windows 10 build 1709 , restart takes 2-3 minutes. Boot is instant , and shutdown is instant too , only when i try to restart it takes alot to shutdown. However , if i modifi registry to ClearPageFileAtShutdown 0 (1 originally ) and waittokillservicetimeout to 1000 from...