Windows 10: windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

Discus and support windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ever since i upgraded from 4 gb to 8 gb, going in from a cold boot on windows 10 would cause everything to load rather quickly, but it taking 40... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A_Can_Of_Chili, Jun 30, 2020.

1. windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

ever since i upgraded from 4 gb to 8 gb, going in from a cold boot on windows 10 would cause everything to load rather quickly, but it taking 40 minutes to an hour to actually login to windows, i dont know why and logging in from sleep mode logs in instantly.

submitted by /u/A_Can_Of_Chili
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A_Can_Of_Chili, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Jenesis Win User
    Problem: Startup Takes 10+ Minutes

I checked the Boot Log box and restarted the computer. Where do I now find the boot log to read it and analyze it?

Jenesis, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Wullail Win User

windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

Windows is taking very long to boot to login screen

Did the repair tool leave a log showing what it actually did ? , it would be useful to see what the issue actually was.

Wullail, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on.

1. windows 10 takes 40 minutes upwards to an hour to log on. - Similar Threads - takes minutes upwards

2. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...: Hi all, my guess is an abundance of startup programs which slow the load to desktop, but checking startup and the calculated startup time 2 mins, there aren't many programs besides needed ones no more than several that could slow it to such a degree.Honestly though I don't...
  3. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...: Hi all, my guess is an abundance of startup programs which slow the load to desktop, but checking startup and the calculated startup time 2 mins, there aren't many programs besides needed ones no more than several that could slow it to such a degree.Honestly though I don't...
  4. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 - "Save As" box takes a long time to open upwards of 30 seconds to a minute.

Windows 11 - "Save As" box takes a long time to open upwards of 30 seconds to a minute.: Whenever I am trying to save a file, the "save as" box can take upwards of a minute to pop-up when using a web browser I have seen this on both Chrome and Edge on Windows 11.I don't seem to have this problem with any other programs and my laptop is fresh out of the box....
  6. Lock Screen take an hour to log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen take an hour to log in: Ever since i upgrade to windows 11 my pc dosen't show de login form, i have to waite an hour to login, even after the notebook started, if i lock the pc i have wait an hour again, because the form dosen't show up.Any knows how to fix this? I'm desperate...
  7. Lock Screen take an hour to log in

Lock Screen take an hour to log in: Ever since i upgrade to windows 11 my pc dosen't show de login form, i have to waite an hour to login, even after the notebook started, if i lock the pc i have wait an hour again, because the form dosen't show up.Any knows how to fix this? I'm desperate...
  8. Windows 10 Logon takes around 40 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Logon takes around 40 minutes: Hi, After entering my passwort, Windows 10 takes around 40 minutes to load my desktop. It appeared recently, so I assume it has to do with the 20H2 update. I used the Windows Performance Analyzer to analyze my boot. However, I need some help interpreting the results. I'll...
  9. Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20H2 takes upwards of 1 minute to login: First let me add some clarity and prevent confusion, I am not talking about my laptop's boot time, rather, I am talking about the time from me inputting my pin, to landing on the desktop. This can take anywhere between 50 seconds and 1 minute and 30 seconds, maybe even...
  10. Windows 10 takes upwards of a couple hours to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes upwards of a couple hours to boot: My PC has been having issues with booting for the last month or two. Sometimes when i start up i get the spinning dots for 30 minutes to an hour to this last time it took over 2 hours just to reach the login screen. I checked SFC the first time and i got several errors...