Windows 10: Windows 10 takes a few minutes to load

Discus and support Windows 10 takes a few minutes to load in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Sometime last year (I think after a Windows 10 update), my boot time for my PC became very slow. My OS is running on a SSD and in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cory6897, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Cory6897 Win User

Windows 10 takes a few minutes to load

Hello everyone,

Sometime last year (I think after a Windows 10 update), my boot time for my PC became very slow. My OS is running on a SSD and in the past only took about 15-20 seconds to start up but now it takes forever. When I get to the black windows screen the spinning wheel is very slow for about 50 seconds, then it finally speeds up and everything loads quickly.

I've tried unplugging everything but it doesn't seem to help.
    Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.804)

I did a boot trace and from the screenshot below it appears the process "Idle (0)" is just... idling and taking the majority of the boot time. If I need to upload the complete boot trace let me know.

Windows 10 takes a few minutes to load [​IMG]

:)

Cory6897, Feb 19, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Delta6326, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 takes a few minutes to load - Similar Threads - takes few minutes

2. Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading: My desktop performance is so bad the machine is unusable. Restarts take 10 minutes,and it looks like something is being fixed, but it never is. Someone gave me a cmd fix a few months ago which helped, but I can't find the post....
  3. Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading: My desktop performance is so bad the machine is unusable. Restarts take 10 minutes,and it looks like something is being fixed, but it never is. Someone gave me a cmd fix a few months ago which helped, but I can't find the post....
  4. Win 10 taking 10 minutes to restat, programs not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle): Hi All :) My windows 10 PC takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle). I went in to Eventviewer, Application and service logs -> windows-> microsoft->Diagnostic performance -> operational and saw the only error criticla is Microsoft Software Protection Platform...
  6. Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle): Hi All :) My windows 10 PC takes 20 minutes to load (stuck on spinning circle). I went in to Eventviewer, Application and service logs -> windows-> microsoft->Diagnostic performance -> operational and saw the only error criticla is Microsoft Software Protection Platform...
  7. Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello "Just a moment" screen takes 10 minutes to load: The "Just a moment" screen loads for a long time about 10 minutes after the sign-in page on startup. This screen comes about 5-10 seconds after I enter the PIN/Password. Sometimes, the desktop appears immediately after sign-in but then disappears and a few moments of...
  8. Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Takes 10 minutes for Windows to Load my Desktop: Hi, I run Windows10 Pro version 1909 x64 on my PC and installed the cumulative updates yesterday. Now it takes alteast 10 minutes for Windows to load the Desktop after a start/re-start. It takes forever with the coloured "Please wait" screen about 8 minutes to load the...
  9. Computer takes a few minutes to enter manual sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer takes a few minutes to enter manual sleep: Okay so a few weeks ago I had this issues where it would take the computer too long to go into sleep, so I had restarted it to see if it would fix it but it didn't, any ideas? Could it be Hard Disk Sentinel? 82692
  10. Boot takes many minutes before loading

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot takes many minutes before loading: HP desktop I just put new hard drive in and installed Windows 10. The Windows 7 hard drive was failing, had no backup or image. Tried to access drive with USB but drive too far gone. Decided to install Windows 10 as an upgrade. After a few minor glitches like no...