Windows 10: Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

Discus and support Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As per title, Windows10 takes almost 2 minutes to open any executable file. File Explorer takes up to 3 minutes to load a folder and up to one minute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Totosaurio, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

As per title, Windows10 takes almost 2 minutes to open any executable file.
    File Explorer takes up to 3 minutes to load a folder and up to one minute whenever I right click something.
    Disabled most of the shell extensions that caused trouble but it still lags a lot.
    I just reinstalled w10 with the Media Creation Tool because I had issues with rebooting as per my last question .
    Ran sfc and it didn't find any issues, the same when I ran DISM.

These are my specs
    Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to... d1e993a7-b670-4530-840a-b2dfe05f2fc8?upload=true.png
    Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to... d9095996-aaa9-42fc-a0a4-dad3d01558b4?upload=true.png

:)

Totosaurio, Oct 26, 2019

2. Files and folders take a long time to load in File explorer

This just started happening this week. Whenever I try to open file explorer in windows 10 it takes a very long time for my files and folders to appear. I have tried using the DISM command but that did not fix the problem

Shawn Robert Robinson, Oct 26, 2019
  3. windows explorer take long time to load

windows explorer take long time to load

PRATIK MARCHANDE, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Noam Win User

Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

Opening any file in windows explorer takes a long time

When I double click any file on my windows explorer it takes a long time to open.

It doesn't matter if it's a pdf, image or txt file.

Also if I right click the file and select "open with" it takes a long time to open.

Even when I select windows icons such as "Devices and printers" it takes a long time.

Any Ideas?

Thema:

Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to...

1. Windows 10 takes a long time to run any executable and File Explorer takes a long time to... - Similar Threads - takes long run

2. Files in Explorer taking a long time to display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in Explorer taking a long time to display: Similar to a question only asked very recently, my case might be the same. The problem is Explorer not displaying files for some time after selecting a folder and this seems to have happened following my recent update to Win10 21H1 although I cannot be certain. This problem...
  3. Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Start-MpScan takes a long long time on a small file: A Windows forum user asked why running Start-MpScan on a file took so long. So I ran a test. I gave it a 300kb .jpg image. Powershell as Admin, Start-MpScan -ScanPath ./image.jpg and .. voom... it took 30 seconds. 30 seconds? On an i7 with 32gb and a NVidia 2xxx...
  4. File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer suddenly takes a long time to load: I'm running Windows 10 OS Build 190441.867 which is the latest update. In the past 24 hours I've had to restart my PC twice because when File Explorer started up it would just show a progress bar at the top and no files. This went on for several minutes as though it was...
  5. Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Taking a Long Time to Function?: Hello all, I try to right-click on files whilst exploring files in Windows Explorer. As of late, it's taken a while for the contextual window to appear. Does anyone know why this may be? 175606
  6. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  7. Disk Cleanup takes long time to run

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup takes long time to run: Hello, I'm running Win 10 Pro v1903. Always, when I was launching Disk Cleanup, it was cleaning the disk in seconds. I've noticed recently that when I launch Disk Cleanup, it takes exactly 3min 56 sec (timed) to run while the elements to be cleaned are empty. Is there a...
  8. Disk Cleanup takes long time to run

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup takes long time to run: Hello, I'm running Win 10 Pro v1903. Always, when I was launching Disk Cleanup, it was cleaning the disk in seconds. I've noticed recently that when I launch Disk Cleanup, it takes exactly 3min 56 sec (timed) to run while the elements to be cleaned are empty. Is there a...
  9. File Explorer takes long time to load contents!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer takes long time to load contents!: Why File Explorer sometimes takes ridiculously long time to load contents? I'm running Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1803 Build 17134.228 on HP Envy 13 Intel Core i7 6500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. Please fix it Microsoft, it's very annoying! [ATTACH]...
  10. Login takes a long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...