Windows 10: Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, We have just purchased a brand new Mpg z490 gaming carbon wifi motherboard and installed Windows 10. We have 2 ssd hard drives and 3 normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Shanefromoz, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

Hello all,

We have just purchased a brand new Mpg z490 gaming carbon wifi motherboard and installed Windows 10.
    We have 2 ssd hard drives and 3 normal hard drives attached.
    Drivers and bios is upto date.
    When we select restart or shut down the pc takes forever to restart or shut down.
    Is there a way we can fix this please.

Cheers Shane

:)

Shanefromoz, Oct 7, 2020
  2. ilgoldman Win User

Random shut down and restart??

Computer: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual cpu
    E220@2.406hz
    2.42 GHZ, 2.00 GB of RAM
    Windows xp

Ever since I replaced the fan (with heat sink) the computer has randomly shut down and then restarted, at first during streaming, and now, will shut down and restart anytime. I tried to replace the graphics card to no avail. *Confused Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down :confused:*Mad Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down :mad:

One suggestion was to replace the RAM.

Any suggestions on how to repair my computer?

ilgoldman, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Taz100420 Win User

Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

Kasperskys shutting itself off

I awoke this morning to a error message saying that kasperskys has encounter a error and shuts off, then I restart and about 10 mins later does it again. any suggestions?

Taz100420, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

1. Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down - Similar Threads - takes forever restart

2. laptop take forever to shut down and uses battery whilst unplugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop take forever to shut down and uses battery whilst unplugged.: I had quite a few issues with this HP omen 17" laptop, but now when i shut it down it can take over 10 mins to actually turn off, it just sit there with the "shutting down" screen and the HDD light is flashing away on the side the keyboard is lit up and fans still going, but...
  3. laptop take forever to shut down and uses battery whilst unplugged.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop take forever to shut down and uses battery whilst unplugged.: I had quite a few issues with this HP omen 17" laptop, but now when i shut it down it can take over 10 mins to actually turn off, it just sit there with the "shutting down" screen and the HDD light is flashing away on the side the keyboard is lit up and fans still going, but...
  4. movies stuck while playing, take forever to restart and shut down after updating windows 20h2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    movies stuck while playing, take forever to restart and shut down after updating windows 20h2: before i was using windows 10 2019 version it was running smoothly and perfectly. Then i came with update of win10 20H2 and i upgraded it . first i experienced time were changed usually every next boot after next few update this issue vanished. and i came up with new issue ....
  5. windows 10 take long time to shut down, restart and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 take long time to shut down, restart and sleep: my laptop is hp EliteBook 8460p I just got a new ssd and installed windows 10 pro version 2004 when I shut down or restart or sleep the laptop the screen is turn off normally but still power on about 5 minutes or more after that...
  6. Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down

Windows 10 takes forever to restart or shut down: Hello all, We have just purchased a brand new Mpg z490 gaming carbon wifi motherboard and installed Windows 10. We have 2 ssd hard drives and 3 normal hard drives attached. Drivers and bios is upto date. When we select restart or shut down the pc takes forever to restart...
  7. Windows 10 takes forever to restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes forever to restart.: As title says, it takes almost an hour to restart, even when the OS is installed in a SSD. Which nulifies the whole point of using one. This happened before but could fix it simply by updating Windows. Now I'm at the latest update and the issue showed up again. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop taking long time to shut down or restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Laptop taking long time to shut down or restart: Hi. I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10. I make sure to keep with Windows updates. I run Trend Micro virus protection. I do disk cleanup regularly and have disk defrag set to go regularly. Laptop is less than one year old and has recently begun taking a very long time to...
  9. Computer takes forever to fully shut down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer takes forever to fully shut down.: My computer has been taking around ~5-10+ minutes to fully shut down. It starts to shut down normally when I press shut down in the start menu,shutting down screen, screen turns off and everything... but, everything is still on (lights, fans, hdd). I've had this problem for...
  10. Computer takes forever to shut down.

Computer takes forever to shut down.: My computer is a Lenovo Y400 8GB RAM Windows 10 Home Intel Core i7 Nvidia Geforce GT It has been exactly 2 weeks since I upgraded to Windows 10 but one thing I noticed about my computer ever since the update is that it has a very long shut down time. Just yesterday, I...