Windows 10: Windows 10 takes long to establish wifi connection

Discus and support Windows 10 takes long to establish wifi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS with Windows 10. It takes about a minute to establish a connection with my wifi. It's very annoying to have to wait the minute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffS9, Feb 13, 2019.

1. JeffS9 Win User

Windows 10 takes long to establish wifi connection

I have a Dell XPS with Windows 10. It takes about a minute to establish a connection with my wifi.

It's very annoying to have to wait the minute and often retry to connect, every time I reopen my computer.

I also have a Macbook running OSX 10.13 that connects to my wifi instantly.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

:)

JeffS9, Feb 13, 2019
  2. savander Win User

Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10

Yes, it's gigabyte router

Windows 10 takes long to establish wifi connection [​IMG]

My card network is 1gbps as well

savander, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10

Okay I would reset those things back to the way they were.
    In the following chart it explains the lights on your port. When yours is working are you get the speed you expected, does light indicate same.

On page 50 it talks to Dr. Lan feature in BIOS, I would shut off

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 13, 2019
  4. savander Win User

Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10

Hello, I have a problem with establishing a connection with the router.
    Windows for a long time, after booting computer says that my cable is not plugged in.
    The time between establishing and booting computer varies.
    Sometimes it takes 1 minute, sometimes it takes 30 minutes or more.

I found that, when I run Windows in Safe Mode with a Network connection, establishing is immediate. I thought it was a problem somewhere in my old installation on Windows 10, but then I formatted completely computer. But the problem is still there.

So I guess, the problem sits somewhere in Windows Services, but I don't know exactly where that's why I'm asking you to help.

savander, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 takes long to establish wifi connection - Similar Threads - takes long establish

2. Windows 11 wifi crash anda take too long time to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wifi crash anda take too long time to connect: hi can someone help me? so i have problem with my laptop.1. when i push the ">" button it will show up the network nearby, but if i click back and push the ">" again then itu will show loading and after a few minute it shows blank wifi nearby.2. when i want to connect wifi...
  3. Windows 11 wifi crash anda take too long time to connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wifi crash anda take too long time to connect: hi can someone help me? so i have problem with my laptop.1. when i push the ">" button it will show up the network nearby, but if i click back and push the ">" again then itu will show loading and after a few minute it shows blank wifi nearby.2. when i want to connect wifi...
  4. Xbox App takes a long time to establish video connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App takes a long time to establish video connection: Hi, I'm having an issue with two apps: Xbox Console Companion and Xbox App. The issue is regarding remote play streaming the console to my computer.Xbox Console CompanionWhen I click "Stream", a connection is established and audio starts to play immediately, but there is no...
  5. Xbox App takes a long time to establish video connection

Xbox App takes a long time to establish video connection: Hi, I'm having an issue with two apps: Xbox Console Companion and Xbox App. The issue is regarding remote play streaming the console to my computer.Xbox Console CompanionWhen I click "Stream", a connection is established and audio starts to play immediately, but there is no...
  6. Connection not established

Connection not established: Hi,I have a problem with internet connection on my Windows 10 computer. On Ethernet icon right bottom I havemessage "Connection not established no available connections" but Internet working,The computer is on the domain and network settings are entered. The problem is with...
  7. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection not established: Hi,I have a problem with internet connection on my Windows 10 computer. On Ethernet icon right bottom I havemessage "Connection not established no available connections" but Internet working,The computer is on the domain and network settings are entered. The problem is with...
  8. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Takes about 5 minutes to establish internet connection

Takes about 5 minutes to establish internet connection: Hi. Windows 10 on latest available build. Running wired to my Asus RT-AX88U router. When I turn on my PC and log in to my user (or any user), I see I have no internet connection. I log in to my router's admin page and the router shows it's already connected and was never...
  10. Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10

Long establishing connection to the router on Windows 10: Hello, I have a problem with establishing a connection with the router. Windows for a long time, after booting computer says that my cable is not plugged in. The time between establishing and booting computer varies. Sometimes it takes 1 minute, sometimes it takes 30...