Windows 10: Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen

Discus and support Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen How can I speed it up? I'm using Windows 10 20H2 I have already done chkdsk, dism and sfc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by desbest, Nov 16, 2020.

1. desbest Win User

Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen

How can I speed it up?
    I'm using Windows 10 20H2

I have already done chkdsk, dism and sfc and no errors were found. I've also installed windows updates.

:)

desbest, Nov 16, 2020
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen [​IMG]

zinou, Nov 16, 2020
  3. mora67 Win User

After overnight looks

mora67, Nov 16, 2020
  4. mora67 Win User

One more thing to be considered; black screen 5 minutes after signing in only occurs with my admin sign in account; my wife signs in in a split second with her non admin account. So admin sign in account should be limited to solve this.

mora67, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 takes over 5 minutes to reach the login screen - Similar Threads - takes minutes reach

2. Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file: After a recent failed windows 11 update, I was forced to get a new SSD for my boot drive as Windows refused to reload, reboot, or do anything on my old drive. Now, since I had to completely reinstall not only windows but every other program in my system, after the KB5031354...
  3. Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 takes over 5 minutes to save a file: After a recent failed windows 11 update, I was forced to get a new SSD for my boot drive as Windows refused to reload, reboot, or do anything on my old drive. Now, since I had to completely reinstall not only windows but every other program in my system, after the KB5031354...
  4. Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot: Recently-ish probably a month or so whenever my pc restarts it takes around 11-12 minutes to restart. I've tried various solutions but no errors from any of the commands I ran. The weird thing is when I run safe mode it boots very fast. But when I did a clean boot with all...
  5. Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes over 10 minutes to boot: Recently-ish (probably a month or so) whenever my pc restarts it takes around 11-12 minutes to restart. I've tried various solutions but no errors from any of the commands I ran. The weird thing is when I run safe mode it boots very fast. But when I did a clean boot with all...
  6. Windows 10 takes about 5 minutes to start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 takes about 5 minutes to start: Hello, i had built a new computer in the month of July and installed windows 10 on it and since then i am receiving boot times of about 5 minutes. My Bios takes about 10 seconds. and after that the screen is just stuck on the welcome screen for a whole 5 minutes. I have tried...
  7. Windows 10 "Welcome" screen after login takes 10+ minutes

Windows 10 "Welcome" screen after login takes 10+ minutes: Hi, my computer can take up to 15 minutes to load properly, and it's really annoying. I tried "sfc /scannow" (3 times), but it found nothing wrong. What else should I try? submitted by /u/sdasda7777 [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login

windows 10 screen freeze after 5 to 10 minutes of login: How to fix it...? My pc have xeon precessor with nvidia quadro 4000 graphics card. when i login to anu user account after 5 to 10 min my screen stops and freezes. then i have to turn it off by pressing power button or by turning the power supply off. Please help what to...
  9. Restarting takes 5-10 minutes

Restarting takes 5-10 minutes: For some reason restarting takes 5 to 10 minutes. I have a i7-6700k and GTX 1070. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this that would be great. As this is really annoying. submitted by /u/JackDeezy47 [link] [comments]...
  10. Shutdown taking over 5 minutes

Shutdown taking over 5 minutes: I have had this issue for a while but I took sometime to figure out what was causing it. My Lenovo yoga 730 with a SSD is taking over 5 minutes to shutdown. I've tested several situations and I found about the issue with USB-C on Windows 10 1809. I have updated to 1909. In...