Windows 10: Windows 10 takes really long to reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 takes really long to reboot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with windows 10 rebooting. It takes 15-25 minutes for windows to load. After it loads, the PC is fast and I don't have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lassie111, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Lassie111 Win User

Windows 10 takes really long to reboot

Hello,

I have a problem with windows 10 rebooting. It takes 15-25 minutes for windows to load. After it loads, the PC is fast and I don't have any problems. If I shutdown the PC and then power it back on with fast startup enabled it takes only 2-5 seconds for windows 10 to load. Disabling fast startup didn't help.

During the booting process it shows the windows logo. It also looks idle - the red light indicating disk activity is not blinking, the mouse and keyboard lights stop too.

I need help to figure out the the problem is.

:)

Lassie111, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 takes really long to reboot - Similar Threads - takes really long

2. If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...: If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall that should not impact server reboot process, correct? Server is on:...
  3. If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...: If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall that should not impact server reboot process, correct? Server is on:...
  4. If server is rebooting and applying updates and taking long time and I reboot the firewall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Rebooting, but not really...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rebooting, but not really...: Little backstory, I once saw my friend "reboot" his PC, but nothing happened. I told him to reboot so he could install an anti-cheat for a game, but he said he did. Is it some kind of version of windows where, after rebooting, it instantly puts you back on where you were?...
  6. Windows 10 long reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 long reboot: Hi My laptop takes so long to rebooti7 8550u, 8gb ram, nvidia mx150 4gb I've just bought it so i don't think it has any hardware problem. how can i find out whether it has or not? Thanks...
  7. WINDOWS 10 latest updates takes long to update and requires several reboots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 latest updates takes long to update and requires several reboots: I am using WINDOWS 10 enterprise, machines are high spec and the fibre speed is great. Machines are running on WINDOWS 10 ver 1809 , I am updating the machines and they are constantly running updates , some taking long and some extremely long. Some of the machines are...
  8. Windows 10 PC taking really long to boot up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC taking really long to boot up.: Hi all: My issue is that my PC would start up in approximately 5-7 seconds (I have an SSD). Then last night I was going to shut down my PC because I was going to bed but I accidentally hit restart. So I was waiting for it to restart and it was stuck on the windows 10 boot...
  9. Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout.: My laptop has windows 10 enterprise 64bit build 1703 and it is on company domain and bitlocker encryption is enabled on SSD. Sometime but not all the time, laptop takes long time to reboot, shutdown and/or logout. Did the sfc scan and found nothing. An interesting thing I...
  10. Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 taking a really long time to boot: I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a really long time to start up. After it powers on, there is a blank screen for 1-2 minutes before the Dell logo and loading...