Windows 10: Windows 10 takes too much disc space

Discus and support Windows 10 takes too much disc space in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have installed Windows 10 64 bit just two days ago. When it was first installed it took only around 20 GB of disc space and then I have updated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Saiful Islam Sumon, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 takes too much disc space

I have installed Windows 10 64 bit just two days ago. When it was first installed it took only around 20 GB of disc space and then I have updated the windows. After updated now the windows is taking almost 50 GB of disc space.

(99 GB disc space in c drive, now it has 32 GB of space left. Around 20 GB of other software, I have installed.

So, is it normal or the Windows taking too much disc space? if the windows is taking too much space than what can I do for it? Can anyone help, please?

:)

Saiful Islam Sumon, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Georgz Win User

How much disc space needed Windows 10?

C drive is 500gig SSD. I have not configured the restore point. Suggestions? Thank You

Windows 10 takes too much disc space [​IMG]

Windows 10 takes too much disc space [​IMG]

Georgz, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 takes too much disc space

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 takes too much disc space

1. Windows 10 takes too much disc space - Similar Threads - takes too much

2. System32 takes too much space 300gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System32 takes too much space 300gb: Hello, how are you all, I found that a lof of people have same problem, but i didn't found any concrete steps to resolve the problem found that people have this problem with indexing, and hidden files.My situation is next:Here is the picture of system32 size:...
  3. System32 takes too much space 300gb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 takes too much space 300gb: Hello, how are you all, I found that a lof of people have same problem, but i didn't found any concrete steps to resolve the problem found that people have this problem with indexing, and hidden files.My situation is next:Here is the picture of system32 size:...
  4. Something is taking up too much space.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something is taking up too much space.: Every time I run Automatic's version of Stable Diffusion it takes up more and more space the longer I use it. I've tried cleaning the disk, resetting my virtual memory, and trying to hunt down where the files actually are that take up space. I think it has something to do...
  5. Windows 10 takes up too much space

Windows 10 takes up too much space: Hi guys,I have a Windows 10 home single language OS running in laptop. I haev allocated around 220 GB for C drive among which around 200 gb has been occupied by Windows 10 OS itself now my system is slow and hangs a lot. How do I free it, I tried drive clean and everything....
  6. windows taking too much space, help??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows taking too much space, help??: like some moments ago, i reinstalled a game thats on my other drive because windows takes up too much space. i barely used the OS drive at all, as i have had this laptop for like a year now. before 2021, i had around 28 gigs. around 2021 i had 12 gigs, now i had 1 fucking...
  7. Edge taking too much space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge taking too much space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ahvak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktogvy/edge_taking_too_much_space/
  8. Windows 10 taking up too much disk space

Windows 10 taking up too much disk space: My disk is heavily occupied by Windows and its auxiliary files. Of my 150GB Bootcamp Windows partition, about 55% is taken by Windows and most of it by Installer. I've already run Disk Clean and Wise Cleaner and still am left with only 17GB available. Component Store...
  9. Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update takes too much space on disk: The new big may update takes too much space on my disk. I tried to run cleaning and deleting files and applications that I don't need, but the disk is still 2/3 full. Also I noticed that it happens, that for few seconds the laptop freezes while I still can move the mouse, but...
  10. My windows taking too much space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows taking too much space: why is my windows drive taking more than 50gb ? after every update i made sure to remove restore points still this keep getting bigger is fresh reinstall only solution ?...